Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

If you have any second thoughts about the farm, go have a look at the Milwaukee Bucks thread on OTW. I'm basically scum to them now ?. Someone actually brought up how police treated Dylan Roof thinking it was somehow a relevant comparison to this situation. I'm was also deemed a racist for thinking he shouldn't have resisted arrest and for disagreeing that letting someone flee to commit more crime isn't a good thing. ?‍♂️

I doubt any of them could articulate a practical alternative. It's easy and satisfying to Monday morning QB while perched safely atop a moral high horse.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He killed himself, and they blamed the police leading to more rioting...

(graphic)

Well, obviously, if the police didn’t try to apprehend the murder suspect and instead they just filed a warrant and picked him up later.. maybe when he was more amenable to being arrested and held accountable for his alleged crimes?

• Thank you (+1) 1

JIM GERAGHTY: Stop Downplaying the Violence in Our Cities. 

“If the people perpetuating mayhem on the streets of Kenosha and just about every major American city for the past few months are indeed morally and politically separate from those who came out to protest . . . why has anybody been reluctant to denounce them?”

To be fair, it’s only people with political leanings to the left with any reluctance. Although usually what we hear is straight-up refusal to denounce the rioters.

Refusal is far worse than reluctance, and to use the wrong word is to cheapen when the left has been getting away with.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I think major sports are about to find out that a majority of their fans follow sports to escape the rest of the world

Bringing the rest of the world to sports is going to be a bad idea.

That said, I really don't know anyone who follows baseball and basketball any more. Just NFL and hockey.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yet another badly thought out Left Wing protest.  Exactly when will it be OK to start playing again? Is there an etiquette for duration of sitting out? One game per death? (At least hockey players are used to spending time in the sin bin.)

I think it was the MLS who wrote in a memo to fans that they are not here to distract you from the real world but to force you to deal with it. I would literally watch sports 350 days a year as my escape, but this decision tells you these guys think they are far more important than they are.

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Back to no sports. 

I have really loved NHL playoffs this year. 

I was out on the NHL when they flew in a Canadian citizen who was not playing the game to kneel for the US national anthem and stand for the Canadian National anthem. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Back to no sports. 

I have really loved NHL playoffs this year. 

Remember when athletes would leave the game to go fight for our country? Ted Williams, prime example, those days are long over with.

• Like (+1) 1

I cannot believe the NHL.  They barely hang on as a major league sport (for what it is worth, i love hockey), you see the NBA dying before your eyes and a "group of black players" ask you to postpone to "demonstrate the importance of social justice activism" and they think that will win over fans?

This tweet may as well go here:

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I cannot believe the NHL.  They barely hang on as a major league sport (for what it is worth, i love hockey), you see the NBA dying before your eyes and a "group of black players" ask you to postpone to "demonstrate the importance of social justice activism" and they think that will win over fans?

This tweet may as well go here:

Well, he's going to be cancelled.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think major sports are about to find out that a majority of their fans follow sports to escape the rest of the world

Bringing the rest of the world to sports is going to be a bad idea.

That said, I really don't know anyone who follows baseball and basketball any more. Just NFL and hockey.

One thing I've learned from these pandemic lockdowns is that I really don't miss sports all that much. I follow mainly the NFL and NHL, but honestly if the NFL follows suit and cancels or postpones games? Meh.

• Like (+1) 3

Why thank you spoiled, self-absorbed, millionaires who play a game for a living!!  Thank you for making me "take notice"!!   What a great contribution you've made to society!

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

One thing I've learned from these pandemic lockdowns is that I really don't miss sports all that much. I follow mainly the NFL and NHL, but honestly if the NFL follows suit and cancels or postpones games? Meh.

Or at all.  It's Aug 27th and I'm not the least bit excited for football season.  The other sports?  Other than golf majors, they can disband the rest of the leagues for all I care.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm the same, though I'd be bummed if the Bills don't get a full season this year. Then again, the Billsy-est thing that could happen is for the sport to implode just as the Bills finally become legit contenders. It's almost poetic.

That's been a running joke with my brothers this whole off season. :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Why thank you spoiled, self-absorbed, millionaires who play a game for a living!!  Thank you for making me "take notice"!!   What a great contribution you've made to society!

Or at all.  It's Aug 27th and I'm not the least bit excited for football season.  The other sports?  Other than golf majors, they can disband the rest of the leagues for all I care.

I doubt the leagues realize that the boomers are still their life blood.  I don't think the next generations are as willing to buy premium seats & TV packages like us old geezers.  The sports leagues are about to go through a reckoning like old media just went through

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, he's going to be cancelled.

They’ve been trying for years.  The Giants actually even rescinded his invitation to participate in the World Series reunion.

He doesn’t care, and refuses to be cancelled.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1