Liberal Protests

B-Man

As Sports Media Cheers On Athlete Boycotts, Fans Will Walk Away

by Ben Domenech

Original Article

It is sometimes underappreciated how new professional sports is as a dominant cultural phenomenon. For the vast majority of human history, sports has been overwhelmingly played by amateurs. And even in America, it is only in the past fifty years that this professionalized version of sport became a route to wealth. Baseball, which has the longest professional sports history in the United States, illustrates this: the average MLB salary is up an inflation-adjusted 3,000 percent since the late 1960s. Professional sports only became big money in the era of television, as a form of mass entertainment

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"tolerant left"

I would like to know how a megaphone in someone's ear is not physical harm?

I saw the same thing at Cornell many years ago.  Many of the people at my student residence prided themselves in being very tolerant but that stopped at the gay guy who was living there.  

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Jim Gaffigan aka gaff again?  I did not know that he was still around or that anybody bestowed celebrity status on him in 2020.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I saw the same thing at Cornell many years ago.  Many of the people at my student residence prided themselves in being very tolerant but that stopped at the gay guy who was living there.  

Jim Gaffigan aka gaff again?  I did not know that he was still around or that anybody bestowed celebrity status on him in 2020.

His 15 minutes were up about 5 years ago.  I liked him back then, now he's a shell of his former self.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

They're delivering their message to America.

...the alleged "world's greatest democracy" and bastion of 1st Amendment expression rights has become a third rate cesspool.....did you ever think that expression of your political views would subject to to physical, mental or verbal violence?....anyone with "other than Dem allegiance" is at risk....guess we are the new China were dissidents (a/k/a other than Dems) disappear or as in Russia, find out their "tea was MORE than tea"......how the hell have we let the bar to be lowered to this?...good Lord, we are effed up....

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I hope he did not speak too soon:

Wheeler's response:

...agree..there are multiple times where he needs to SFTU and have his Twitter thumbs duct taped...Jesus.....sit back and watch the left self destruct.....

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wheeler's response:

Someone needs to tell Wheeler his response doesn't look good in public while Biden is trying to explain to the country that Trump is to blame for Dem cities burning to the ground.

C'mon, Wheeler. Get it together. It's time to get on Team Harris-Biden 2020! Kamala needs you!

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wheeler's response:

Holy hell. What a horrible and childish letter.  Trump offers help and the first thing he brings up is COVID??  

There is no place for violence, arson and looting in your city?   Have you been to your city?  That IS the place right now for violence, arson and looting.  Your city is the poster child for that.  Good luck to the poor people that have to live with the consequences of your “leadership”. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Someone needs to tell Wheeler his response doesn't look good in public while Biden is trying to explain to the country that Trump is to blame for Dem cities burning to the ground.

C'mon, Wheeler. Get it together. It's time to get on Team Harris-Biden 2020! Kamala needs you!

...will assuredly get reelected in a landslide on Nov. 3.............SMH.............