Liberal Protests

B-Man

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

When is he going to get started on “MAGA-ing?”  Last I checked we’re beset by at least three competing generational crises.  Four if one counts climate change,(HOAX) I guess.  And even before that he subjugated himself to Putin(HOAX,) blew out the treasury, and did next to nothing to keep any of his campaign promises(HOAX).  Any time he wants to get moving on “MAGA-ing” is fine with me.  Or is it “Keep America Great?”  I can’t remember what BS slogan he’s using these days. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

If you’re saying that an adult wearing a jersey with the name of another man is not cool, then I completely agree with you.  Same thing with Powerball.  Stoooo-pid.  Invest that couple of bucks a week. 

I was saying they are examples of unified speech, based on the heretofore acknowledgement of kneeling as such (ergo).  

I wear jerseys on occasion, usually with duct tape and a handwritten name of the current player assigned the number.  I don't wear them beyond wacthing the Bills play on TV in  my basement or to a game (and often not to a game) as I feel the jersey make me look skinny.  I also apparently have some odd tactile thing going on, as I find them uncomfortable generally and also find myself really enjoying the feel of the cool flat texture of the quartz countertops we installed in our kitchen a couple years back.  And freshly cut boxwoods.  

I used to play Powerball when the jackpot hit a hundo-mill+.  One time, I had two numbers and truly thought "Wow! That was close!".  That was in spite of being around 50, trying to take the sensible,  slow and steady approach to building wealth over time.  

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Actually it's not.  Obama was the perfect person to elevate the discussion about race, and actually started off in that direction until he caught flack from the far left, pivoted and made the situation far far worse.

Any specifics?  Or just your usual generalized nonsense?

41 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Not that it in any way makes it less disgusting what happened to him, but there are conflicting reports about whether or not he died. Some people tweeted a screenshot of someone claiming to be him saying that he's ok and it was stupid of him to try to take on all those people with a sword. Not sure what to believe.

With it being so easy to get angry over all of this, I'm just trying to make sure I'm angry over the truth. 

I think the anger can be directed at the mob that beat this guy savagely, the people who stood around and watched it happen, and the fact that he's disposable to the 'media' that refuses to air this sort of thing when telling  a story.  He's like the retired police officer, the elderly female shop owner beaten, the police officers shot/killed/run over/injured/dragged by the crowds, and at this point, like George Floyd. 

Let's be honest, even if he was "attacking" people with a sword (v. defending his property from looters), all they had to do was try and follow Wisdom From Joe:  they could have tried to hit him in the leg. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

but it is the conversation that needs to had. The evidence is incontravertible that arrest rates and convictions are much higher in the black population. Can a small percentage of that be ascribed to systemic racism? Sure, i am sure a small amount, and for a number of reasons.

The lareger issue is you state above. I think it boils down more to economics and education...lower social economic folks tend to commit the most crime..i think that has been the case since time immororium. Just happens that a greater percentage of those folks in US society are minorties. 

I think the conversation needs to start there, at the grass roots level of educational review. Its not necessarily a money thing, as spend per student is highest in some of our poorest areas. And i dont have the answers right now, but i do know that this economy is moving more and more towards the have and have nots..and the haves have skills and education opportunities...until we can figure out how to tackle the education question, i think there will always be this divide.

where did that stat come from? Not debating it at all, and it needs to be part of the conversation, just would appreciate the link. 

Again , two things can be right...why cant we have a discussion that encompasses all the facts

The economics, education, etc that have caused or allowed a large portion of the black community to be mired in criminality is not at issue for the cop on the street that suddenly finds himself/herself in a violent struggle. Their only thought is to make sure they are safe and their community is safe. If the actions of the suspect (black, white, green, or yellow) reveal a threat to the life of the officer or another, that officer is justified in the use of deadly force. If that suspect is killed, he becomes a statistic to be used and abused for political purposes. Meanwhile, the cops that are just trying to keep themselves and their community safe feel the brunt of those political shenanigans. They are called racist. Spit on. Attacked. If the underlying issue is the political machine, let’s fight that. . Let’s stop the constant attack on the good, ethical, and moral police officers that protect this country on a daily basis. 99% of officers fall into this category. 

The George Floyd case is one we can all seemingly get behind. Black, white, blue. It’s turned into screams to defund racist police. With commentators, athletes, politicians all fanning flames and talking about systemic racism in law enforcement as it is unconverted fact. It isn’t a fact. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Any specifics?  Or just your usual generalized nonsense?

Going back in time is hard, isn't it?

Which President recounted a story of his grandmother switching the side of the street because there were black youth on the sidewalk?   What was the reaction from the left?  Which President, after that event, never took a "controversial" position whenever a racial issue popped up in his terms?  Who personalized the Trayvon Martin incident?  Under whose terms did racial strife worsen?   What did the great communicator do to diffuse the tensions, instead of ratcheting them up?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Louisville “BBQ Man” used to feed police for free. He was shot and killed during the protests while cooking for people in his neighborhood.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-02-at-9.01.04-PM.png

BASED ON RECENT HISTORY, DEMOCRATS WILL SOON BE COMPLAINING THAT TRUMP DIDN’T CRACK DOWN ON THE RIOTS FAST ENOUGH: 

Former Virginia governor backs Trump crackdown on riots.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Time to castigate but not time to respond on the merits.  BillsTime, 1, westside2 and BuffaloGal, 0. 

Scared of the snowflakes, I see.  That is not dominant.  Sad!

You're still on the Stfu list. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I posted a link yesterday that he was identified as one of the peaceful protesters that opened fire in the crowd that led to his being shot and killed, allegedly he was caught on video from his own BBQ shack as well as other businesses

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Louisville “BBQ Man” used to feed police for free. He was shot and killed during the protests while cooking for people in his neighborhood.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-02-at-9.01.04-PM.png

BASED ON RECENT HISTORY, DEMOCRATS WILL SOON BE COMPLAINING THAT TRUMP DIDN’T CRACK DOWN ON THE RIOTS FAST ENOUGH: 

Former Virginia governor backs Trump crackdown on riots.

• Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

as much as i despise Trump, the one thing I always told my MAGA friends was he nailed the "what do you have to lose" piece when speaking to black voters during the last election

Yep. It's sad that it continues this way year after year where liberals continue to do more harm than good with their polices, and "conservatives" (not that I see many true conservatives left in the political arena) don't actually work to conserve. I have liberal friends who genuinely want to see people helped and believe that the government should be a part of that... I just get so stymied with how anyone can examine any part of our government and think "yes! that's working so well lets give them more power and money to play with." 

That's the saddest part of the rioting and everything going on is that those in power see this as another chance to take more control and to grow government influence. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The economics, education, etc that have caused or allowed a large portion of the black community to be mired in criminality is not at issue for the cop on the street that suddenly finds himself/herself in a violent struggle. Their only thought is to make sure they are safe and their community is safe. If the actions of the suspect (black, white, green, or yellow) reveal a threat to the life of the officer or another, that officer is justified in the use of deadly force. If that suspect is killed, he becomes a statistic to be used and abused for political purposes. Meanwhile, the cops that are just trying to keep themselves and their community safe feel the brunt of those political shenanigans. They are called racist. Spit on. Attacked. If the underlying issue is the political machine, let’s fight that. . Let’s stop the constant attack on the good, ethical, and moral police officers that protect this country on a daily basis. 99% of officers fall into this category. 

The George Floyd case is one we can all seemingly get behind. Black, white, blue. It’s turned into screams to defund racist police. With commentators, athletes, politicians all fanning flames and talking about systemic racism in law enforcement as it is unconverted fact. It isn’t a fact. 

Amen, brother. We can talk all day about the reasons why black communities are disproportionately represented as both victims and offenders of violent crimes. The reasons are complex, traditionally ignored by leaders and politicians, and have very little to do with law enforcement.  The reality is this: That is the state of many black communities across this country and an overwhelming number of police officers are just trying their best to keep the honest, decent, people of those communities safe.

We have had a national drumbeat, for so long, that police officers are racist and are singling black citizens out to brutalize, that it has just become a fact for most people...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, westside2 said:

You're still on the Stfu list. 

Hoax.  I run the lists around here.  There is no such list.  

Also, copying the libs to own the libs is unbecoming.  Be better!

20 minutes ago, GG said:

Going back in time is hard, isn't it?

Which President recounted a story of his grandmother switching the side of the street because there were black youth on the sidewalk?   What was the reaction from the left?  Which President, after that event, never took a "controversial" position whenever a racial issue popped up in his terms?  Who personalized the Trayvon Martin incident?  Under whose terms did racial strife worsen?   What did the great communicator do to diffuse the tensions, instead of ratcheting them up?

And we’re back to square one.  How did Obama “ratchet[] . . . up” tensions?

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

No more doing your homework for you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

absolutely, and lets fight like to hell to get the bad ones arrested as well, not hidden to protect the shield. Same as we need to fight like hell to get those who put police in jeapaordy  in jail and prosecuted .

Again, the facts presented in the original report I linked said blacks die more often when unarmed than whites, almost 50% more. If you do not believe that is a stat worth examining, i sure do.

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

absolutely, and lets fight like to hell to get the bad ones arrested as well, not hidden to protect the shield. Same as we need to fight like hell to get those who put police in jeapaordy  in jail and prosecuted .

Again, the facts presented in the original report I linked said blacks die more often when unarmed than whites, almost 50% more. If you do not believe that is a stat worth examining, i sure do.

Interesting enough that unarmed is defined as holding a brick, club, or using a vehicle. Michael Brown was “unarmed” yet was killed when he grabbed ahold of Officer Wilson’s gun. Again, context matters. “Unarmed” doesn’t mean “not a deadly threat”.

• Like (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Says the guy who copies others. Be better than that. 

Edited by westside2