Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

See that's the problem.  You want to immediately make it an issue of politicians, glossing over the police responsibilty in these situations.  Lori Lightfoot has been the mayor of Chicago for a year...did she go in and tell Chicago police to treat minorites worse than they would treat other suspects?  Did she start this?  Of course not.  It has been going on for decades.   I hate saying it sometimes, but my late father, a police officer, recognized that there was a fundamental problem with police training goinig all the way back to the early 80's.  Honestly, I don't know exactly where Lightfoot stands each point of this complex situation, but I assume she, like others, is for ending police immunity.  If you really want to change the situation, that is a good place to start. That is not saying that all police are bad, but it gives us the chance of getting those who are bad, off the force. 

Nothing.

If somebody says Blue Lives Matter, and somebody responds All Lives Matter, what happens?

Community policing would solve a lot of these problems.  

13 hours ago, Buftex said:

It took the Floyd video to convince "99%" that what happened was wrong.  If that was an isolated incident, you might have a point. But it isn't an isolated incident.  Athletes have been taking a knee for 4 years now, to bring attention to police brutality in their communities.  There were countless incidents before this one, and there have been many since. Is it possible that "99%" agree what happened was wrong, was the result of the ongoing attention the kneeling protest brought to the topic? 

Their intent wasn't to "smear the whole country", it never was.  If you feel smeared by it, that is you. It was never to disrespect the military.  Many of the guys kneeling have family that serve.  Their intent was to bring attention, and put some pressure on the powers that be, to recognize this issue.  I'd say they have been very successful with that. But they want equal treatment, not your sympathy.  You aren't the center of the universe... 

This might be the most ignorant post on the topic that I have seen yet. Normal, mature, well adjusted adults don’t need athletes or celebrities engaging in some token behavior to help them decide when something is wrong. But, if that’s what you need, more power to you. 

12 hours ago, Buftex said:

See that's the problem.  You want to immediately make it an issue of politicians, glossing over the police responsibilty in these situations.  Lori Lightfoot has been the mayor of Chicago for a year...did she go in and tell Chicago police to treat minorites worse than they would treat other suspects?  Did she start this?  Of course not.  It has been going on for decades.   I hate saying it sometimes, but my late father, a police officer, recognized that there was a fundamental problem with police training goinig all the way back to the early 80's.  Honestly, I don't know exactly where Lightfoot stands each point of this complex situation, but I assume she, like others, is for ending police immunity.  If you really want to change the situation, that is a good place to start. That is not saying that all police are bad, but it gives us the chance of getting those who are bad, off the force. 

Nothing.

If somebody says Blue Lives Matter, and somebody responds All Lives Matter, what happens?

Never mind. You broke your own record with this one. Ending qualified immunity? Yeah, great idea brainiac. I’m sure your late father would love to work under the threat of being sued for everything that someone else thought he did was wrong. You do know that qualified immunity doesn’t prevent bad cops from being sued, right? It protects good cops from ridiculous lawsuits and from losing everything they’ve worked their lives for because some crackhead or sovereign citizen wants to sue them for some bull####.If you end qualified immunity, no one with half a brain will want to be a cop.  

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Like (+1) 5

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

People do not vote. If someone exciting could whip up a GOTV against the current NYS Democrats, maybe things could change. ?‍♀️  Only 8.5% of NYC residents voted for him.

...perhaps more precisely, they do vote but never consider policy, performance, etc.....the vote to "get this out of the way"..OR....as with my illustrious relatives, ALWAYS vote for the Dem regardless.....a single Republican vote is blasphemy and treason.....how do the likes of Thurmond, Bob Byrd, Helms, Hollings, Pelosi, Biden, Moonbeam Brown, Big Fredo Cuomo, Maxine, Sheila Jackson Lee, Feinstein, Caper, Nadler et al CONTINUALLY get re-elected or recycled to another political office?....why is the landscape littered with 40+ year career politicians?....any NOT millionaires?......all qualify for millions of Federal pension dollars?....just "doin' the people's business"?......um...er...ok...BTW: note that I cited examples on BOTH SIDES of the aisle.....it's a fungus...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, RochesterRob said:

So you admit Hillary got beat versus the constant mooing by her that she was robbed?  You are getting kicked off the Democrats bandwagon for that little slip.

....well she was "robbed"....why do you think the Dems immediately floated the idea of Electoral College elimination?....been just fine since 1787 but the sore losers cried foul?...as the late great Jim McKay said, "....and the agony of defeat..."....deal with it..........pant suit STILL can't............

Reclaiming Our Culture from the Left

Original Article

Everyone knows it: the death of George Floyd was just a pretext.

The rioters who continue every night to wreak havoc in Portland, and who are poised to engage in new orgies of destruction all over the country don’t know much and care less about Floyd.

They’re quite open about engaging in a “revolution” with the goal of destroying the existing order and replacing it with an authoritarian Marxist regime. But what we are seeing today is not new. Its seeds were planted decades ago. Now the question before us, if we want to preserve the United States as a free society,

On 8/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, B-Man said:

Two women appeared to steal a seven-year-old boy’s MAGA hat and yell obscenities at him and his mother after tearing up signs supporting President Donald Trump.

In a video of the incident, the unidentified mother captures the two women accosting her and, allegedly, her son as they destroy their homemade signs and take the boy’s hat.

Woman charged after video shows theft of boy's MAGA hat, sign ripped in Wilmington

A 21-year-old Wilmington woman was arrested in connection with an anti-Trump incident, that was captured on video that's gone viral, on the final night of the virtual Democratic National Convention on Wilmington's Riverfront.

Olivia M. Winslow was handcuffed Friday, August 21, 2020, after Wilmington Police were called to the 600 block of Justison Street the evening before for reports of an offensive touching incident involving a 7-year-old boy.

</snip>

Police said they arrested Winslow after reviewing video footage of the event. A second woman involved hasn't yet been arrested.

</snip>

Winslow faces charges of first-degree robbery, second-degree conspiracy, endangering the welfare of a child.

She was arraigned and released on her own recognizance.

</snip>

From the comments on this post, she is also being charged with something on another warrant (some incident at a Macys)

Delaware online story.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

This might be the most ignorant post on the topic that I have seen yet. Normal, mature, well adjusted adults don’t need athletes or celebrities engaging in some token behavior to help them decide when something is wrong. But, if that’s what you need, more power to you. 

Never mind. You broke your own record with this one. Ending qualified immunity? Yeah, great idea brainiac. I’m sure your late father would love to work under the threat of being sued for everything that someone else thought he did was wrong. You do know that qualified immunity doesn’t prevent bad cops from being sued, right? It protects good cops from ridiculous lawsuits and from losing everything they’ve worked their lives for because some crackhead or sovereign citizen wants to sue them for some bull####.If you end qualified immunity, no one with half a brain will want to be a cop.  

You missed my point completely, on the kneeling athletes...there seems to be no way to argue this one with any nuance. Or maybe just my poor wrting skills, are not making my point clear. I will say though, If you are correct, what does it say about all of the people who stedafastly take the sides of the cops in this instance? We live in a society where "normal. mature, well adjusted adults" are in short supply.  

I undedrstand what you are saying in regards "qualfied immunity".  It seems that perhaps it doesn't need to eliminatied, but a stricter adherence to it's original intent needs to be adhered too.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buftex said:

You missed my point completely, on the kneeling athletes...there seems to be no way to argue this one with any nuance. Or maybe just my poor wrting skills, are not making my point clear. I will say though, If you are correct, what does it say about all of the people who stedafastly take the sides of the cops in this instance? We live in a society where "normal. mature, well adjusted adults" are in short supply.  

I undedrstand what you are saying in regards "qualfied immunity".  It seems that perhaps it doesn't need to eliminatied, but a stricter adherence to it's original intent needs to be adhered too.

What do you mean by “steadfastly take the sides of the cops”? To me, the issue boils down to this: million dollar athletes kneeling during the anthem to protest systemic racism and police brutality. I disagree that our system is systemically racist, and that police brutality is even in the top 50 things that contribute to the depressed status of many communities of color in this country. To me, it is a bull#### narrative intended to further a victim mentality. It has been co-opted by people that seek to use the narrative to gain personal power. The kneelers are sheepish pawns in the game. The NFL is a disgraceful group of pandering idiots who don’t want to disturb the mob. 

I agree that the system could be better. I don’t see how any of this garbage going on is going to make it better, and will only take us back 5 or 10 steps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

smashing a Quiznos window? Alotta people have personalities that are on the ‘borderline’ here in the US. these people need to be in a straight jacket.

They need to be prosecuted and put in prison. That's not a mental disorder. It's criminal violence, assault, and destruction of both private and public property. 

• Like (+1) 4

Look at all these Antifa Marxist fools.   Out at 3-4 am their time Going through neighborhoods.  Wtf is wrong with these losers?   I have a deep dislike for these punks.

go through his Twitter thread 

Disgusting Punks 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm disappointed that Biden and Harris haven't spoken out strongly against Antifa and BLM riots .  Peaceful protests like MLK and John Lewis should be their role models not violence and destruction.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ALF said:

I'm disappointed that Biden and Harris haven't spoken out strongly against Antifa and BLM riots .  Peaceful protests like MLK and John Lewis should be their role models not violence and destruction.

....SERIOUSLY?.....REALLY?....you expected them or ANY Dem to do so?.......some day you'll arrive in reality...SMH..............

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1