I'VE HAD IT WITH REX RYAN!!!

I was one of Rex's biggest supporters when the hire was made last January, but I just don't want to hear anything the guy has to say anymore

The post game comments he made yesterday after the Washington loss just about did it for me...

"Nobody quit", " It wasn't for lack of effort". Oh really, so, are you telling me that if this game took place earlier in the season, say, when we were 2-1, with the same personnel that we fielded yesterday, that we would've been down 21-0 against that wannabe playoff team?

Say what you want, Rex. But yes, your team quit on you yesterday. Maybe not everybody, but it appeared at least defensively, that unit quit on you!

Rex has lost the team. Point blank! Nobody is buying into what he's selling anymore on this team, and it appears as if the players are finally seeing Rex for exactly what he is...

A dude who writes checks that his ass can rarely cash!

Mr. and Mrs. Pegula. Please, do us, the fans, a favor. Take this franchise a little more seriously and part ways with this joke of an NFL head coach. The fans and the community of Buffalo sports deserve better than this...

I was one of Rex's biggest supporters when the hire was made last January, but I just don't want to hear anything the guy has to say anymore

The post game comments he made yesterday after the Washington loss just about did it for me...

"Nobody quit", " It wasn't for lack of effort". Oh really, so, are you telling me that if this game took place earlier in the season, say, when we were 2-1, with the same personnel that we fielded yesterday, that we would've been down 21-0 against that wannabe playoff team?

Say what you want, Rex. But yes, your team quit on you yesterday. Maybe not everybody, but it appeared at least defensively, that unit quit on you!

Rex has lost the team. Point blank! Nobody is buying into what he's selling anymore on this team, and it appears as if the players are finally seeing Rex for exactly what he is...

A dude who writes checks that his ass can rarely cash!

Mr. and Mrs. Pegula. Please, do us, the fans, a favor. Take this franchise a little more seriously and part ways with this joke of an NFL head coach. The fans and the community of Buffalo sports deserve better than this...

The way the Skins moved the ball in the first half was so embarrassing I shut the game off and went to see Episode 7 for the 2nd time in two days... B-)

The way the Skins moved the ball in the first half was so embarrassing I shut the game off and went to see Episode 7 for the 2nd time in two days... B-)

Good choice. They made Cousins look like Brady by allowing him to do whatever he wanted with ease because of little to no pressure and very bad pass coverage. It was a very embarrassing effort.

Can we start a collection to buy out his contract? When we had them 3rd and 16 and we didn't blitz I knew we had no chance. Who calls those plays? It was a sad day. Jerry blew up on the side lines in the first half. He is more right than wrong because he has his whole heart in it. It would be interesting to hear what the players really think about this whole mess Rex has created.

I have to imagine scheme was discussed when Terry hired Rex. So, isn't this Pegula's issue? Why hire a HC htat will blow up something that was working AND improving year over year?

I won;t be renewing the NFL ticket next season.

Well the damn scheme is a joke and Terry and Kim Pegula have to know that they made a monumental mistake with this hire. It's inconceivable to watch how much this defense and team for that matter have fallen at the hands of Rex Ryan. The man is an incompetent sorry excuse for an NFL head coach and needs to be dismissed immediately after the game ends Week 17. The only thing Rex ever cared about when he came here was sticking it to the Jets and Patriots. He has and has always had his own agenda rather than producing a good long term product on the field. He's an absolute disgraceful embarrassment to our team and our city and I can't stand to hear anymore of his nonsensical diatribe any longer. GET HIM OUT!!!

Can we start a collection to buy out his contract? When we had them 3rd and 16 and we didn't blitz I knew we had no chance. Who calls those plays? It was a sad day. Jerry blew up on the side lines in the first half. He is more right than wrong because he has his whole heart in it. It would be interesting to hear what the players really think about this whole mess Rex has created.

No need for a collection. The balance due for RR's contract is pocket change for Pegula. Question is, does he want to spend a lot of money ripping apart and rebuilding the team - the "Give Rex Control" option - or spend far, far less time and money by replacing Rex with a coach who will tailor his plan for the abilities of the players currently under contract.

I agree completely with the OP. I just can't listen to more of Rex bull **** and hate how he stands up there every week antagonizing the opponent and then goes out and gets molly whopped. His defense is offensive.

The biggest mistake the Bills made was hiring Rex Ryan (aka "Buffalo Buffoon")

At least Russ Brandon found a way to sell tickets! He's great at selling tickets, but he's awful fielding an organization that can win football games. Look at his record as club president. The people he has hired have failed miserably, but the Pegulas love him.

If Terry and Kim are happy, then it's a closed case. More Brandon, more Rex Ryan and more losing!

Renew your season tickets now!!!

Just too many times this season, it seems like Buffalo has come out of the gate sloppy, and out-schemed by their opponent..plus ridiculous penalties Before you can blink, they are behind in the 1st half. The coaching here stinks. I could not be more unimpressed with Rex and his cronies.

The absolute worst thing that can happen for this team at this point is for the Bills to win the remaining two games, one of which would be against one of the only two teams Rex cares about beating, the Jets, and we finish on a two game winning streak, and gives the illusion that things are on the upswing. I will never route against my team, but for the benefit of this franchise in the long run, its best that we finish 6-10 and Rex and his entire staff are fired.

TO Buffalo Beeeews, I'd say "Bully" for your spot on comment

I agree completely with the OP. I just can't listen to more of Rex bull **** and hate how he stands up there every week antagonizing the opponent and then goes out and gets molly whopped. His defense is offensive.

So does this mean you're going to change your icon, NorCalBillsSabres?

I have to imagine scheme was discussed when Terry hired Rex. So, isn't this Pegula's issue? Why hire a HC htat will blow up something that was working AND improving year over year?

Rex prob sold Pegs that he (Rex) could run his scheme with the current players. He said as much in his press conference when he said "this defense" should be #1.

Was a huge Rex supporter. Pegs should can him. Hire Schwartz, or Hue Jackson.

The absolute worst thing that can happen for this team at this point is for the Bills to win the remaining two games, one of which would be against one of the only two teams Rex cares about beating, the Jets, and we finish on a two game winning streak, and gives the illusion that things are on the upswing. I will never route against my team, but for the benefit of this franchise in the long run, its best that we finish 6-10 and Rex and his entire staff are fired.

I don't see that happening. I see more of the 1st half defense coming to play. The D wants Rex gone. That's pretty clear. At the very least, Thurman is gone and Pettine is back, with Rex taking a lesser role in the D. Cheer for the Browns to loose big.

He needs to focus on the entire team and not just the defense

He needs to get a DC who can be effective on their own and doesnt need to be a shadow of Rex

CBF

The more he focuses on the defense, the worse it gets. Immediately after the season ends, he ought to be fired. He's an embarrassment.

Good choice. They made Cousins look like Brady by allowing him to do whatever he wanted with ease because of little to no pressure and very bad pass coverage. It was a very embarrassing effort.

That comedy of errors yesterday reminded me of the 2 win teams of the mid 70s and 80s. Punter drops the ball and drop-kicks it for 15 yards. On one of D.Jackson's big plays 2 DBs run into each other. On another they can't find the ball and then he jukes both of them to score. On 3rd and short the opposing QB easily gets a defender to jump offsides. 2nd trick play with EJ loses 3 yards. Can't score on 4 attempts at the goal line. Where's Freddy? He would've scored on the 1st try

Gotta agree. This team has regressed under Ryan this year. Their sloppy play on both sides of the ball is a direct reflection of the HC. Cut your losses now Bills and get us a real coach.

You know, I could almost give Rex a pass if the defense was still formitable and we finished 8-8 and the offense was a "work in progress", as well as the discipline/penalty issue being kept in check, but the entire team as a whole, in all aspects I just mentioned above, has absolutely unraveled. Plus, look at some of the boneheaded statements/actions/moves that Rex pulled this year! Tell me which one if these incidents benefitted the 9-7 team we had last year?!:

The acquisition of IK Enempkali. What in the hell has IK Enempkali contributed to this football team?! NOTHING! Rex did this for notoriety and to spite the Jets!

Wearing a Clemson Football helmet at his presser. Again, a "look at me", nothing-to-do-with-the-task-at-hand move!

The guy's a damn side show, and did nothing but sell more tickets to a desperate fanbase!

Oh great. I have no love for Rex, but starting over is the only thing this franchise has done consistently that is except lose. How about for once we get some continuity for a change. If I'm the owner I let his contract play out for better or worst. Of course this would be against company policy.

That comedy of errors yesterday reminded me of the 2 win teams of the mid 70s and 80s. Punter drops the ball and drop-kicks it for 15 yards. On one of D.Jackson's big plays 2 DBs run into each other. On another they can't find the ball and then he jukes both of them to score. On 3rd and short the opposing QB easily gets a defender to jump offsides. 2nd trick play with EJ loses 3 yards. Can't score on 4 attempts at the goal line. Where's Freddy? He would've scored on the 1st try

Did you see the penetration by Pot Roast and the Washington D line on that series? No RB was going to punch it in with the formations and play calls Roman made. They should have spread out the D in the goal to go situation to either run or pass.

Oh great. I have no love for Rex, but starting over is the only thing this franchise has done consistently that is except lose. How about for once we get some continuity for a change. If I'm the owner I let his contract play out for better or worst. Of course this would be against company policy.

I'll agree with one caveat and that is if they can get a commitment from a legitimate coach who will likely (nothing is certain) be an improvement. I don't think we should fire Ryan after one year with nothing better already waiting.

Did you see the penetration by Pot Roast and the Washington D line on that series? No RB was going to punch it in with the formations and play calls Roman made. They should have spread out the D in the goal to go situation to either run or pass.

I thought the first hand off to Shady was a play fake. TT faked a pass to a wide open O'Leary. Too bad it wasn't...

While I agree Rex has been unimpressive this year I can't say I'm as surprised as most. Nothing about his tenure with the Jets suggested he was going to turn this team around, at least not in his first season. Okay, maybe the struggles in New York had more to do with the terrible front office of the Jets. However it could also be that Rex is not a very good HC.

I stopped renewing ST after Chan's second year. The Skins game was on local TV and I didn't even watch it.

I'll start watching again when they fire Rex, which is inevitable (though probably not soon enough), or when they can string more than 2 victories in a row.

Why is he your avatar?

He needs to focus on the entire team and not just the defense

He needs to get a DC who can be effective on their own and doesnt need to be a shadow of Rex

CBF

I argued this early in the season, but now its apparent that Rex cannot HC regardless what is happening on defense. He is just a terrible coach all around.

I'll agree with one caveat and that is if they can get a commitment from a legitimate coach who will likely (nothing is certain) be an improvement. I don't think we should fire Ryan after one year with nothing better already waiting.

If we're hiring sons of famous NFL coaches, Wade Philips can be brought back from Denver. 56% winning percentage as HC. I'm sure there are others.

While I agree Rex has been unimpressive this year I can't say I'm as surprised as most. Nothing about his tenure with the Jets suggested he was going to turn this team around, at least not in his first season. Okay, maybe the struggles in New York had more to do with the terrible front office of the Jets. However it could also be that Rex is not a very good HC.

I think the Jets current playoff standing proves Rex is not a very good HC.

Coninuity with the wrong coach or players is suicide.

Let's hope the Pegulas have been studying the board. They made a significant mistake with this hire, likely out of inexperience and because of how much Ryan impressed him when he interviewed. They should now know better. Rex cannot coach and there's no need to prolong the agony. Plus, Terry can afford to eat this salary and learn from this disaster.

he hasnt coordinated defenses at the top of the rankings for 15 years because he stupid, or puts players in positions NOT to succeed. Thats a long long long track record of success calling defenses. But if guys are going to freelance and not buy in then it won't work- that's on players not Rex Ryan or REX RYAN !!!!!!!

Now you hear players calling each other out because they know why it didnt work as well - their teammates not the coaches. Wake up people

he hasnt coordinated defenses at the top of the rankings for 15 years because he stupid, or puts players in positions NOT to succeed. Thats a long long long track record of success calling defenses. But if guys are going to freelance and not buy in then it won't work- that's on players not Rex Ryan or REX RYAN !!!!!!!

Now you hear players calling each other out because they know why it didnt work as well - their teammates not the coaches. Wake up people

we found ourselves a Rex Ryan or REX RYAN lover!