5 best and 5 worst current Bills

I thought that it would be fun to do something a little different. Who are the best 5 players on the roster and who are the worst 5 players on the roster? There are LOTS of ways that you can go. There are certain guys that I had a hard time leaving off.

I'll go first:

Best:

McCoy

Watkins

Incognito

Darby

Dareus

Worst:

Cyrus

Boobie

Gragg

EJ

Carpenter

I thought that it would be fun to do something a little different. Who are the best 5 players on the roster and who are the worst 5 players on the roster? There are LOTS of ways that you can go. There are certain guys that I had a hard time leaving off.

I'll go first:

Best:

McCoy

Watkins

Incognito

Darby

Dareus

Worst:

Cyrus

Boobie

Gragg

EJ

Carpenter

Not bad. Gilmore is better than Darby. I wouldn't have Gragg or Carpenter on the worst list.

Not bad. Gilmore is better than Darby. I wouldn't have Gragg or Carpenter on the worst list.

I had Gilmore on and then off. I went back and forth and thought about doing Gilmore/Darby. I thought that was weak though considering that I asked people to make tough decisions.

In terms of the worst, I never thought I'd have Carpenter on there. He's just killing them at the moment. Gragg to me is lost. Tyrod almost killed him yesterday and a few weeks ago he caught that ball out of bounds and turned it upfield. He just has no instincts (but some talent). Tarpley would have been on there had he not gone to the PS. He was atrocious when given the chance.

I'll go first:

Best:

McCoy

Watkins

Incognito

Darby

Dareus

Worst:

Cyrus

Boobie

Gragg

EJ

Carpenter

In no particular order:

Best:

McCoy

Watkins

Incognito

Hughes

Darby

Worst:

Cyrus

EJ

Joe Johnson

Boobie

IK

Edited by FireChan

Best:

1. Watkins

2. McCoy

3. Incognito

4. Glenn

5. Gilmore

Worst:

1. Duke Williams

2. Mario Williams

3. Robey

4. Seantrel

5. Urbik

You are having a tough day all around it looks like. Urbik has ben just fine. He's as good of a swing guard as you could possibly hope for. He has been an upgrade over Miller. I realize the point you are trying to make with Mario Williams but, no. You do however, look to be one of the only people on this website who is aware of the fact that we have an elite left tackle.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Best:

1. Watkins

2. McCoy

3. Incognito

4. Glenn

5. Gilmore

Worst:

1. Duke Williams

2. Mario Williams

3. Robey

4. Seantrel

5. Urbik

Mario on the worst list is just silly. Is he being used optimally? No, but worst? Can't take that seriously.

Best:

McCoy

Watkins

Gilmore

Darby

Tyrod

Worst:

Mulligan

It's actually hard to pick the worst, because many of them rarely see the field outside of Special Teams. But Mulligan really stands out as bad, because they actually use him instead of other TE's that are better.

Urbik has ben just fine. He's as good of a swing guard as you could possibly hope for. He has been an upgrade over Miller.

He has been fine. He has not been an upgrade on Miller. He is doing a little better in pass protection, a little worse in run blocking. Miller has been exactly as advertised a very good run blocker who is raw and requires some development as a pass protector. We should all know who Urbik is by now... he is a solid back up / fringe starter who you can rely on for the most part on passing downs but who struggles to get major push in the run game. He has been what he always is, although that is a step up on last season when he had a pretty horrible year - not helped by Marrone messing about with him.

Doing the best and worst is hard. I still believe Mario is one of the best players on this team. He is having a down year, he doesn't like the system and he is sulking about it. I take all that... but he is one player who if we release there will be a rush of teams trying to sign. However, I have based the list on this year only - so:

Best

1. McCoy

2. Watkins

3. Gilmore

4. Hughes

5. Incognito

Worst

1. IK

2. Koundjio

3. Duke Williams

4. Reddick

5. Randell Johnson

Harsh I think on Reddick, he has only re-signed this past week as a back up but then he had to go in and didn't impress. We are struggling at linebacker as we knew we would if Bradham or Brown missed time.

Worst:

Mulligan

But Mulligan really stands out as bad, because they actually use him instead of other TE's that are better.

Mulligan was a critical component on the game winning Clay touchdown... as a decoy.

I don't think Mulligan has been as bad as people think. I have seen him make some key blocks at the second level when I've been going back and watching the all 22. He is all but useless in the pass game (try telling the Texans...) but when they get him out in front to block.... he has shown his worth. A better blocking tight end than the man he replaced..... a man the Raiders are throwing the ball to incidentally.... he scored a TD yesterday!

Best:

1. Watkins

2. McCoy

3. Incognito

4. Glenn

5. Gilmore

Worst:

1. Duke Williams

2. Mario Williams

3. Robey

4. Seantrel

5. Urbik

You wouldn't put Brooks in rather than Robey? I'd also add Lawson to the mix. The fact that he sees the field so much is a testament to the horriblosity of our LBs.

Just looking at how good they are at their position.

Watkins

Sanborn

McCoy

Dareus

Felton

It's sort of hard to know when you don't really get to see them play. But I love guessing games.

Lavar Edwards

Ryan Groy

Josh Johnson

Randall Johnson

Can I count the Gay Carpenter situation as one? Is either to blame for not being able to do the others job?

You wouldn't put Brooks in rather than Robey? I'd also add Lawson to the mix. The fact that he sees the field so much is a testament to the horriblosity of our LBs.

Perhaps the expectations are so low that people don't notice that he is f'ing terrible.

I hope you're agreeing about Brooks there and not Lawson. Saying Lawson is terrible at what the Bills ask him to do or saying he is in the bottom 5 of Bills players is pretty short-sighted. Sets the edge well, plays multiple roles on the fly, including as an off the line LB yesterday. Also is considered one of the leaders of the group vocally. But Yes, otherwise I agree Brooks is terrible :)

Best:

1. Watkins

2. McCoy

3. Incognito

4. Glenn

5. Gilmore

Worst:

1. Duke Williams

2. Mario Williams

3. Robey

4. Seantrel

5. Urbik

Good choices. I have my list.

1. LeSean McCoy
  2. Tyrod Taylor
  3. Jerry Hughes
  4. Sammy Watkins
  5. Richie Incognito
  1. Seantrel Henderson
  2. Cyrus Kouandjio
  3. IK Enemkpali
  4. Boobie Dixion
  5. Duke Williams

What does it say about the RT position when a guy off the waiver wire is better then the starter, and backup. RG Kraig Urbik is playing better then Miller did when he was in there, but dunno how long he can stay at a decent level.

Also on honorary mention is Marquise Goodwin who stinks when he is healthy...which is almost never.

Fun thread!

The Best

McCoy — best player on the team

Incognito — best o-line player we've had in years

Gilmore — definitely a top 5 corner in the league and I give him a lot of credit for Darby's performance too

Watkins — he frustrates me but there's no denying his elite talent

Dareus — as good and consistent as Dareus is, if Hughes could stop taking horrible penalties I might rank him here instead of Dareus

The Worst

Kouandjio — probably won't be on a roster next year

Henderson — he's been bad and the line's improvement with Mills in this week only highlights just how bad

D. Williams — no redeemable qualities

Felton — one of our worst run blockers which is bad considering that's his whole job

Manuel — a major liability anytime he's under center

The Boobie

Dixon — easily the best player named Boobie on this team

How could you forget? IK may actually be the worst because he may see the field the most out of the worst list.

If you behave, it won't.

totally agree with that twisted, but very sensible, logic …. I keep thinking, why is he on this team? and then I remember, someone has to be the captain when we play the Jets again

Best 5, not in any order

McCoy, Gilmore, Watkins, Hughes, Dareus

Worst 5, same

IK, Cyrus, Boobie, Duke, Butler

Fun thread!

The Best

McCoy best player on the team

Incognito best o-line player we've had in years

Gilmore definitely a top 5 corner in the league and I give him a lot of credit for Darby's performance too

Watkins he frustrates me but there's no denying his elite talent

Dareus as good and consistent as Dareus is, if Hughes could stop taking horrible penalties I might rank him here instead of Dareus

The Worst

Kouandjio probably won't be on a roster next year

Henderson he's been bad and the line's improvement with Mills in this week only highlights just how bad

D. Williams no redeemable qualities

Felton one of our worst run blockers which is bad considering that's his whole job

Manuel a major liability anytime he's under center

The Boobie

Dixon easily the best player named Boobie on this team

I would agree about Kouandijo, but with the cap space as tight as it is, I'm not sure they can justify paying him almost $1 million to not be on the roster when it costs just slightly more than that to keep him on the 53 and just be in inactive for 16 games. Per Spotrac, they're looking at a $1.132 mil cap hit to keep him, but $908,662 dead money to cut him. Negligible savings.

I think he and EJ ($2.827 mil on the roster, same in dead money) are in the same boat, they'll be on the team on 2016 only because its not fiscally reasonable to cut them.

Edited by JM57