NFL QBs that could be available in 2016

I'd want Kaepernick.

Here's my view per division and reasons why

AFC

East

We'd only want Brady and he won't be available.

North

Flacco, ben, dalton ....none will be available

South

Luck ...won't be available.

West

Manning might be available but he's ready for the glue factory

NFC

East

Outside chance at Romo being available (depending who they draft), but he may not be worth it given age and injury history

RG3 will be available...id be interested on the right terms. Looked better in the pocket than Taylor.

Bradford could be available, and might be worth it on right terms.

North

Cutler will be, not a fan but on right terms why not?

Stafford some say will be available, but I highly doubt it. If by chance he were I'd be on it

South

Like stafford some say brees could be available, I highly doubt it. He's old but on right terms why not?

West

Foles? This would be his 3rd team in as many years, no thanks.

Kaepernick likely on the block. I'd be on it. In fact all things considered ....cost, age, potential...that's who I'd prioritize

Edited by JTSP

No thanks to Kaep. If he is available as a FA I'd bring Bradford in for a look as a vet but I doubt he beats Tyrod out. Cutler I don't think is gonna be available to be honest. I think he is growing on Fox and Gase.

If Brees or Stafford become FAs you have to do whatever you can.

Anyone who thinks anyone other than Taylor will be the starting QB next year is absolutely delusional. Has he been all world, of course not, but its also been his first 10 games of his career. 10 games in which he's played hurt...10 games in which he has seen MOST of the talent around him hurt for large parts of the season. 10 games in which his OL has been banged up and questionable.

Yet this kid has compiled a great season considering all the adversity he's faced in his first year starting, his first year in a new system, and all the injury issues that has surrounded this franchise. Anyone around here delusional enough to have expected the kid to read the field perfectly and play like a 10 year vet needs to forever stop evaluating QB's. This is his FIRST season under live NFL action...

HOW ABOUT WE TRY AND DEVELOP A PROMISING PROSPECT rather than dump him for a failed retread QB that you would eventually just also continuously complain about after campaigning to go get him.

Bringing in another QB talent is always a good thing, but searching the scrap heap for a better option than Taylor is absurd. The kid has flat out earned the opportunity to be the starting QB this year and next IMO given what he's done given the adversity that has hit this team and offense this year.

Now, if he tanks the rest of the season, I can see the conversation being different, but this kid has done enough thus far to be the guy in the near future.

Edited by Alphadawg7

You don't know what you're talking about. The primary reason the Redskins want to get rid of Griffin is can't adjust to being a pocket passer.

Kaepernick? Taylor has the 5th best quarterback rating in the NFL as of this week. And he's still learning.

Bradford is always injured. It started at Oklahoma and has never ended.

You don't know what you're talking about. The primary reason the Redskins want to get rid of Griffin is can't adjust to being a pocket passer.

Kaepernick? Taylor has the 5th best quarterback rating in the NFL as of this week. And he's still learning.

I'd want Kaepernick.

AFC

East

North

South

West

NFC

East

Outside chance at Romo being available (depending who they draft), but he may not be worth it given age and injury history

RG3 will be available...id be interested on the right terms. Looked better in the pocket than Taylor.

North

Stafford some say will be available, but I highly doubt it. If by chance he were I'd be on it

South

Like stafford some say brees could be available, I highly doubt it. He's old but on right terms why not?

West

Kaepernick likely on the block. I'd be on it. In fact all things considered ....cost, age, potential...that's who I'd prioritize

You don't know what you're talking about....

Am not sure one can find a post from the OP that disproves your statement .

I dont place much stock in those ratings, especially when you see some of the true elites behind him.

I'd take Kaepernick over TT in a heart beat, on what I anticipate will be decent terms next season. CK has a stronger arm, is tall and can see the entire field, and he's even a better runner (at least he can take a defender on for that extra yard when he needs it.) Kaepernick took a team deep in the playoffs, and was just one catch away from a super bowl victory (reality that should have been PI). SF has turned into a %@$ show that I'm not sure how anyone could thrive in. Guy definitely deserves a 2nd chance somewhere else

Edited by JTSP

Tyrod is their guy. Anyone they bring in would be in a backup role. You guys are dreaming

Tyrod was the best they could find last year. If they can find better next season they'll try to get it. If not, they'll be looking for competition or a back up.

RG3 is more interested in his personal "franchaise" than in football. (more Subway commercials etc) He is bad attitude personified......and the Bills don't need that kind of help. Kap...well, if SF doesn't want him after having him for 4 years.....I would say we should also pass. I think TT might be better, has a decent arm, and is dangerous on the run. Of course, TT is more brittle than Kap, but all QB's get hurt some...even Brady lost most of one season. Need to run out the string on TT to see if he progresses.....we know EJ has not, lets see if TT can/ Four years behind Flacco brought maturity and leadership capabiity, but little if any time on the field, so TT is really a rookie this year in terms of playing a lot. A second year in the same system...can help everybody...will the Bills ever learn the value of continutiy in coaching? Maybe......

RG3 is more interested in his personal "franchaise" than in football. (more Subway commercials etc) He is bad attitude personified......and the Bills don't need that kind of help. Kap...well, if SF doesn't want him after having him for 4 years.....I would say we should also pass. I think TT might be better, has a decent arm, and is dangerous on the run. Of course, TT is more brittle than Kap, but all QB's get hurt some...even Brady lost most of one season. Need to run out the string on TT to see if he progresses.....we know EJ has not, lets see if TT can/ Four years behind Flacco brought maturity and leadership capabiity, but little if any time on the field, so TT is really a rookie this year in terms of playing a lot. A second year in the same system...can help everybody...will the Bills ever learn the value of continutiy in coaching? Maybe......

you mean like how Gailey and Nix "put the ball in Fitz hands" for 4 losing seasons. How about when a guy doesnt have it, we cut our losses? BTW bringing in someone new doesn't mean releasing the coveted Tyrod, it's just getting some competition in here. New Vet + TT + Rookie ... works for me

Edited by JTSP

I'd take Kaepernick over TT in a heart beat, on what I anticipate will be decent terms next season. CK has a stronger arm, is tall and can see the entire field, and he's even a better runner (at least he can take a defender on for that extra yard when he needs it.) Kaepernick took a team deep in the playoffs, and was just one catch away from a super bowl victory (reality that should have been PI). SF has turned into a %@$ show that I'm not sure how anyone could thrive in. Guy definitely deserves a 2nd chance somewhere else

If they could get him cheap, it wouldn't hurt to see if he can rebound after reuniting with Roman. Kaep has lots of faults though. When he is running free and throwing on rollouts he can look great. When a defense or his coaches force him to stay in the pocket he is horrible because he can't read defenses or find a 2nd option when his 1st option is covered. After throwing 2 pick sixes in a game on sideline patterns earlier this year, it got in his head and he became reluctant to throw towards the sideline or when he did he threw it short so it couldn't get picked.

I don't know if he'd be doing any better if still playing for Harbaugh and Roman because he showed signs of regression last season but he sure has lost most of his confidence playing for the clowns they have coaching this year.

Tyrod isn't a 16 games a year guy which makes it hard for him to be a franchise guy, We all know the risk of a running QB. Russel Wilson is a freak of an athlete that has a great D behind him to put him in winning situations. I thought for sure Wilson would fall of this year as more teams can adapt to his style but he keeps progressing.

I personally would chase Drew Brees if available on a nice new 2-3 year deal. Highly durable since 2004, great pocket passer. Excellent leader. We are in a win now, our D will only have maybe 2 years left with major core before high profile guys head to FA or are cut.

I like Tyrod but he is the kind of inconsistent QB that frustrates WR, TE .. he has great stats, I don't give him slack or rookie status as anyone who can sit behind a top 10 QB for 5 years should be game ready. His TD to INT ratio is great I just don't think he sees the field very well or reads the D correctly to find the best option in the first 2-3 seconds.

there is nothing wrong with tyrod why would we look at other qb's? I dont get this board a lot of times...I think it's a natural reaction we look to free agency and the draft.

You always look to better yourself. Do you think Tyrod can last 16 games a year for the next 4-5 years ? I would bet anything he can't.....he is doing great durabilty and consistency during the game are my concerns..again I don't look at him as a rookie..

Anyone who thinks anyone other than Taylor will be the starting QB next year is absolutely delusional. Has he been all world, of course not, but its also been his first 10 games of his career. 10 games in which he's played hurt...10 games in which he has seen MOST of the talent around him hurt for large parts of the season. 10 games in which his OL has been banged up and questionable.

Yet this kid has compiled a great season considering all the adversity he's faced in his first year starting, his first year in a new system, and all the injury issues that has surrounded this franchise. Anyone around here delusional enough to have expected the kid to read the field perfectly and play like a 10 year vet needs to forever stop evaluating QB's. This is his FIRST season under live NFL action...

HOW ABOUT WE TRY AND DEVELOP A PROMISING PROSPECT rather than dump him for a failed retread QB that you would eventually just also continuously complain about after campaigning to go get him.

Bringing in another QB talent is always a good thing, but searching the scrap heap for a better option than Taylor is absurd. The kid has flat out earned the opportunity to be the starting QB this year and next IMO given what he's done given the adversity that has hit this team and offense this year.

Now, if he tanks the rest of the season, I can see the conversation being different, but this kid has done enough thus far to be the guy in the near future.

If I'm the Bills, I trade for Cutler and draft a guy. Open competition again.

there is nothing wrong with tyrod why would we look at other qb's? I dont get this board a lot of times...I think it's a natural reaction we look to free agency and the draft.

The middle of the field says otherwise.

Now, if he tanks the rest of the season, I can see the conversation being different, but this kid has done enough thus far to be the guy in the near future. ''

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Tyrod has accomplished the #1 job of any new starting QB in the NFL and that is to limit mistakes and not turn the ball over. On top of that, he has probably been our most consistent and reliable player on the whole team. His worst two games were against New England and both times he played well enough to give us the opportunity to tie the game and force overtime.

He is the franchise QB we have been looking for. He has the leadership, arm talent and moxie to take us where we need to go if we give him a solid D and running game. Aaron Rodgers wasnt all world his first year and look at him now. Tyrod will learn how to throw those tight balls into co verage down the road, right now hes better than half the starting QB's in the NFL

Edited by TallskiWallski83

Try to improve at every position INCLUDING QB. TYrod has done pretty well, but if we really could get someone like Brees or Cutler, man, you gotta go for it.

I doubt any of those will be available. However, once the seasons over I'm sure Whaley will be working the phones to find one.

I would take CK IN 1/2 a NY heartbeat. Don't try to make him a pocket passer. Let him do what he do. As far as that SB goes, if Roman had called that play I saw them run before where they put Colin in the shotgun with a FB and a couple of tackles or tight ends and let them lead block on a sweep they would have won. Would love to ask Roman why they didn't try that at least once.

If Peyton is healthy and wants to play another year and the Broncos don't want him, I'd take him.

We got really good talent and if we can avoid spinning our wheels with marginal QBs for even 1 year, we gotta go for it IMHO. Take the Cardinals philosophy.

Edited by reddogblitz

Of course this is true but for whatever reason everything has to be a controversy around here. We see other guys' highlights only and then we see Jeremy White's All 22 of Taylor not seeing an open Watkins on a crossing route in the 2nd quarter and before you know it, we would rather have Colin Kaepernick than Tyrod Taylor. If Tyrod Taylor had put up the same numbers he has on the Bills but he did it in San Francisco this season and Kaepernick played as sh***y as he did but for the Bills this season, I can assure you we would be questioning what it would take to get our hands on Taylor next offseason. Not me, but most of you. I am still encouraged by Taylor's play.

Seriously, I want all of you to think about that for a second. Imagine if a guy named Tyrod Taylor had 14 TD's and 4 INT's on San Francisco this year and all you saw of him were the dime long balls he's hit all year and the insane runs he had earlier in the year before he hurt his knee (which is obviously still nagging him) on highlight reels. Yeah I bet you guys would be critical then. In the history of twobillsdrive, I have never heard anyone say of a QB on another team with 14 TD's and 4 INT's, "yeah the numbers look good but if you break down his game tape..." No, we think guys on other teams are good BASED ON THEIR NUMBERS! And a guy like Colin Kaepernick doesn't even have good numbers so I am just at a complete loss.

Try to improve at every position INCLUDING QB. TYrod has done pretty well, but if we really could get someone like Brees or Cutler, man, you gotta go for it.

I doubt any of those will be available. However, once the seasons over I'm sure Whaley will be working the phones to find one.

I would take CK IN 1/2 a NY heartbeat. Don't try to make him a pocket passer. Let him do what he do. As far as that SB goes, if Roman had called that play I saw them run before where they put Colin in the shotgun with a FB and a couple of tackles or tight ends and let them lead block on a sweep they would have won. Would love to ask Roman why they didn't try that at least once.

If Peyton is healthy and wants to play another year and the Broncos don't want him, I'd take him.

We got really good talent and if we can avoid spinning our wheels with marginal QBs for even 1 year, we gotta go for it IMHO. Take the Cardinals philosophy.

Again, I give up.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I'd want Kaepernick.

AFC

East

North

South

West

NFC

East

North

South

West

Wouldn't want any of these guys over TT. Sorry but we have our QB and he's a good one. Better than any of those guys that you mentioned that might be available. I know there was a 50 some odd page thread discussing whether or not he "sucks" but anyone who thinks he is not a good QB is not worth debating with IMO. Every single analyst with NFL experience loves the guy. It's only Bills fans that are not satisfied.

NFC

East

I stopped reading right here. Obviously, you don't follow the NFL.

Because Taylor is Rex guy i don't think you will see another legit QB walk through the doors of one bills drive could be wrong but Rex hung with what he had in N.Y. so i don't see him changing because he was the one that wanted Tyrod .

Maybe with a year of this scheme under his belt he will be better but if things go the way they do in B/lo this off season G/Ro will be gone & they will be putting in a new offense & Taylor will have to learn a new offense .

I always want ed the kid from Ala. that is now sitting behind Dalton in Cinci & i still think he would come here if he had a chance to compete for the number 1 spot but i don't sees it .

Which Taylor has a lot more to work with than EJ !! I hope they get rid of EJ this off season so we can close that chapter of the book !! Because he has shown exactly what they all said he would coming out of college which ain't much !!