A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) It was nice to see Clay more involved in the offense.

2) Look, do count me as one who thinks that it's great to be cheerful, but why did Bowles have a weird smile on his face for most of the game? I can't relate to being so chipper under those circumstances.

3) I can almost excuse the OL for playing poorly in the second half. The Jet DL consists of huge athletic monsters and they ware coming at us.

4) Tyrod was in control tonight but I would like to know who to blame for the wasted timeouts. More to come on TT.

5) No less than 3 HUGE PLAYS??? Really??? Rambo took over the game tonight and not a soul on Earth would have predicted this. Way to play kid!!!!!!!!!!

6) Call me stubborn. Call me stupid. Call me a guy who is stuck in a time warp. Fine thanks, but I cannot stand a defensive scheme that almost allowed Fitz to come back and beat us. Even the one sack by Dareus was a coverage sack.

7) Well I ain't often right

but I've never been wrong,

It seldom turns out the way

it does in the song.

Once in a while

you get shown the light,

in the strangest of places

if you look at it right.

8) Revis, despite the stats, had his hands full with Sammy tonight. Fantasy guys might see Sammy's performance as not good. I get this, but those were some clutch first downs he made!

9) Tyrod proved something to me tonight that truthfully, I have been thinking for a while. The day of the running qb has arrived. I strongly believe this. I think that in just a few years, half of the teams will have this style of QB. We shall see.

10) Yes, it does look very easy on television, but Lawson should have had a pick 6 in the 1st quarter. He made one important tackle as I recall but he did not play so well tonight from what I could see.

11) McCoy played hard tonight. He had to fight for many of those yards.

12) Very good play by both corners. I don't know how they did it with so little pass rush. Kudos to Gilmore and Darby!

13) The Bills found a way to make us sweat it out but I will take a divisional win, on the road any day. Time for them to rest up and get better.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

1.) wow we look pretty darn good on both sides

2.) holy crud what's happening with us?!?

3.) good plays in the end but shouldn't have gotten that close!!

4.) why run Taylor after he was limping? Maybe play action call rolling on the run but not where he's getting clobbered.

5.) struggled but came in clutch plays.

6.) Watkins didn't have a huge game but the crucial first down ball he caught with a couple mins left at the end of the game. He also should of had that first catch! Mistimed jump.

7.) Shadys back.

8.) RAAAMBOO!

9.) overall glad we got the big W

10.) I can't wait till the Pats game after this momentum!! Hopefully we get Mario back for sure! Along with a couple others at full health!

Edited by gr8billsfan

I think both teams took a quarter to figure things out, made adjustments at halftime, and we just took advantage more.

We sometimes forget the other team is playing to win too. They made some good plays, we just made more.

Good overall game and I liked the way we changed things up in the second half.

Last week Dareus was really sick and almost didn't play, this week Mario is ill and absent. We need em both for Patriots game, get it together boys.

Our offensive line is not great, but this makes 2 consecutive games where they have blasted open some serious holes for the runners against some of the best run stoppers in the league like Suh, Wilkerson etc. Nice job boys, keep it up.

Why can't we put Karlos 7 yards deep in the backfield and let him use the momentum to pound instead of lining him up only three yards deep next to TT in the shotgun on every play he's involved in?

This season continues to confound us, with Robey struggling and Darby looking like the vet, our front 7 looking lukewarm and Roman doing trick plays in short yardage situations instead of hammering it in there with our awesome rb duo.

Leodis looks rusty but catching up.

Sammy had Revis completely smoked on a few of those routes, including the double move on the early longball. Evidence of a short week to prepare, otherwise he and TT are in the same page and he puts that throw on the money to open the game with an 80 yarder.

Either way Revis is probably feeling lucky he didn't give up too much tonite because he can't handle Sammy very well at all. Forget the low numbers Watkins had, Revis can't be looking forward to coming to Buff in the cold and trying to contain him again.

Edited by Webster Guy

Great to have you back at full strength, Bill.

One big positive from this game is how we actually ran the ball against the #1 run defense late in the fourth when we needed it. Been a long time for that.

6) Call me stubborn. Call me stupid. Call me a guy who is stuck in a time warp. Fine thanks, but I cannot stand a defensive scheme that almost allowed Fitz to come back and beat us. Even the one sack by Dareus was a coverage sack.

Not calling you either, but you seem to have forgotten what Fitz does - throws the TD to get you close and then throws the pick to kill you.

The defensive scheme was aware of that and it played out exactly as everyone who has ever watched Fitz expected it to.

I have a friend who is a big Jets fan, and before the season I told him that Brandon Marshall would put up insane numbers and look like a godsend but will kill you and break your heart. I was never worried about him when he was on the Dolphins even though, again, he would put up great numbers. He totally screwed up the Eagles game with that terrible idea to lateral. He dropped a TD to lose another game later. He was terrible tonight and could have had several receptions. When he got stopped on the fourth down ridiculous call by the Jets I would bet anything he faked that injury. There is no other player like him in the league.

You may not be able to stand the defensive scheme, but...

...can you now stand our first draft pick this year being a CB?

:lol:

As I told you years ago, facts and time will overake your O-line, all the time, position. They have.

The best players, and by that I mean, the players who had the most impact on the game, were 3 DBs. In order: Darby, Rambo, Gilmore. Sure, Shady did damage. But, go back and re-watch the game. ALL the biggest plays were made by DBs.

It's one thing to use power to win in a phone booth...it's quite another to use skill to win in a 20 yard radius.

That's why: drafting DBs high will always make sense. Any questions? :lol:

EDIT: You're damn right, it's seldom turned out the way it does in your song...after a damn decade of killing the FO for not drafting the Nth best OT in the first round, no matter what. :lol:

I have a friend who is a big Jets fan, and before the season I told him that Brandon Marshall would put up insane numbers and look like a godsend but will kill you and break your heart. I was never worried about him when he was on the Dolphins even though, again, he would put up great numbers. He totally screwed up the Eagles game with that terrible idea to lateral. He dropped a TD to lose another game later. He was terrible tonight and could have had several receptions. When he got stopped on the fourth down ridiculous call by the Jets I would bet anything he faked that injury. There is no other player like him in the league.

Brandon Marshall...the Chris Webber of the NFL?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Yeah, there was one play where we were dead to rights going to lose 5 yards...and Shady pulled it of the dumpster and got the 1st down on skill alone.

EDIT: I do wonder if this is the once in a while where Bill finally gets shown the light, and, looks at it right. :lol:

The Greatful Dead is just the best, btw.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Hey...that's what Fitz does...a nice drive early in the game...nothing for huge chunks of the middle of the game leading to his team being down big. Then he makes some plays towards the end of the 3rd quarter and into the 4th quarter to bring them back, the D gives him the ball back one last time to try and win the game and he throws an INT on the first or second throw of the drive to seal the loss. Been doing it for years with the Bills, watched 2 or 3 games he did it with the Titans, and a few with the Texans last year....

Should be no surprise this is what was going to happen. That was quintessential Fitz. Make a few nice throws to tease you into believing he can be the answer but then ultimately let you down when you need him most.

Hey...that's what Fitz does...a nice drive early in the game...nothing for huge chunks of the middle of the game leading to his team being down big. Then he makes some plays towards the end of the 3rd quarter and into the 4th quarter to bring them back, the D gives him the ball back one last time to try and win the game and he throws an INT on the first or second throw of the drive to seal the loss. Been doing it for years with the Bills, watched 2 or 3 games he did it with the Titans, and a few with the Texans last year....

Should be no surprise this is what was going to happen. That was quintessential Fitz. Make a few nice throws to tease you into believing he can be the answer but then ultimately let you down when you need him most.

Yep. In fact, Fitz is a tease. Marshall is a tease. Decker is a tease, even though he has had a good year.

Jets reminded me of a mirror image of ourselves:

- subpar QB

- good defense but yet folds at the wrong time

- offense that goes into hybernation

- questionable coaching decisions....going for it on 4th and 4 when a FG would have cut lead to 2 and then counting on your D that had shut down Bills to get the ball back with 2+ mins left and an FG wins

- costly turnovers, drops, and penalties

Fortunately they were more Bills-like tonight than we were

Edited by JTSP

- subpar QB

- questionable coaching decisions....going for it on 4th and 4 when a FG would have cut lead to 2 and counting on your D that had shut down Bills to get the ball back with 2+ mins left

Exactly. Colorblindness made me constantly wonder which team I was watching. 2 times I mistook the Bills for the Jets...because the Jets looked like Gailey Bills. The same movement, plays, routs.. Fitz looking like Fitz, teasing you with a good play, then a terrible one.

This was easily the most surreal game I've ever seen, taking 1st place away from the San Diego Power-Failure, Piss-Fest.

What is going on with barely getting plays off against the play clock? This has been a problem often this season. They haven't run a hurry up offense well at all, either. Roman is to blame. They seem to only have one pace they are able to operate at...slow. This is a big liability, and I don't see it changing.

No Mario really today... Definately a noticeable drop off to carting ton. And we didn't blitz much

marion Kyle W, and Stefan Charles out. You know its bad when IK is actually being asked to play football. Nonetheless, it was a gutsy performance by the Defense, but it is just maddening that this team cannot seen to get any kind of pass rush.

Oh, and one thing that no one has brought up, what was noticeably absent in the game?

Answer: Penalties! Wow, only 5 for 44 yards … and no big back-breaking kind, that is a huge help towards keeping you in the game.

And I will add, although it was a terrible spot on the first challenge, you never get that kind of play changed—a dumb challenge by Rex.

Edited by CSBill

Yeah, there was one play where we were dead to rights going to lose 5 yards...and Shady pulled it of the dumpster and got the 1st down on skill alone.

EDIT: I do wonder if this is the once in a while where Bill finally gets shown the light, and, looks at it right. :lol:

The Greatful Dead is just the best, btw.

I hope someone makes a gif out of that run (I think we're talking about the same run here) #94 of the Jets had Shady dead on sights for a big hit but he looked silly missing him after Shady sidestepped him, worst of all the Jets player almost killed his teammate in the process.

This is the play.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015111200/2015/REG10/bills@jets#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000578898&tab=videos

Edited by Fixxxer

Thanks Bill! Glad you're back.

My thoughts:

The secondary was outstanding, and I thought the defense as a whole played pretty well. I'll say it: in this scheme, we won't miss Mario if he's cut in the offseason.

But we don't win this game without McCoy and Watkins. McCoy was electric - just amazing - and Watkins made the play of the game on the third and short in the fourth quarter. Maybe put Taylor in that category, too. I'm reluctant to say this, but the kid is reminding me more and more of Russ Wilson. Stat line isn't special, but he has a presence about him and he just wins. Taylor is only going to get better as he gets more experience, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him grow markedly as a passer next year.

I first watched him with Denver, and thought that he was a top 10 all time wide receiver.

But, Marshall is a very sick man. He is an admitted sufferer of Borderline Personality Disorder, for which there is no cure. He has had numerous domestic incidents and problems with the police which should not surprise anyone. If anybody has a borderline in their family they know what a bad situation this is. They want people to "choose sides" and often instigate long term family feuds because they often pit people against each other. In psych wards, they are disruptive to the other patients and frequently try to create "factions." I can only imagine Marshall in a locker room.

Despite all this, the man continues to put up great numbers, but I don't know how much I could ever trust him on my team. A sad situation indeed.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Speaking of Fitz, I thought he was pretty dang accurate tonight, overall. I didn't notice those random wildly missed chekcdowns or slants he used to throw.

Wasn't he like 13-30 or something terrible ? Fitzpatrick is constantly crap. It's a broken record.

Shout out to buffalo bills forever. We should cut McCoy and his cap # now!

- subpar QB

- questionable coaching decisions....going for it on 4th and 4 when a FG would have cut lead to 2 and then counting on your D that had shut down Bills to get the ball back with 2+ mins left and an FG wins

This crossed my mind during the game, as well.

Oh, and one thing that no one has brought up, what was noticeably absent in the game?

Answer: Penalties! Wow, only 5 for 44 yards … and no big back-breaking kind, that is a huge help towards keeping you in the game.

And I will add, although it was a terrible spot on the first challenge, you never get that kind of play changed—a dumb challenge by Rex.

And not one from Hughes!

Last week Dareus was really sick and almost didn't play, this week Mario is ill and absent. We need em both for Patriots game, get it together boys.

Our offensive line is not great, but this makes 2 consecutive games where they have blasted open some serious holes for the runners against some of the best run stoppers in the league like Suh, Wilkerson etc. Nice job boys, keep it up.

Why can't we put Karlos 7 yards deep in the backfield and let him use the momentum to pound instead of lining him up only three yards deep next to TT in the shotgun on every play he's involved in?

This season continues to confound us, with Robey struggling and Darby looking like the vet, our front 7 looking lukewarm and Roman doing trick plays in short yardage situations instead of hammering it in there with our awesome rb duo.

Leodis looks rusty but catching up.

Sammy had Revis completely smoked on a few of those routes, including the double move on the early longball. Evidence of a short week to prepare, otherwise he and TT are in the same page and he puts that throw on the money to open the game with an 80 yarder.

Either way Revis is probably feeling lucky he didn't give up too much tonite because he can't handle Sammy very well at all. Forget the low numbers Watkins had, Revis can't be looking forward to coming to Buff in the cold and trying to contain him again.

This stuff is making me laugh and also shake my head. Robey gets beat on a couple plays last night and suddenly he's a liability and he's been struggling all year? Haha, just so untrue. He has played just fine and made a ton of great plays. Just goes to show what groupthink can do. People here just parrot what a few other people start saying and then it's fact.

- subpar QB

The people saying things like this about TT are seriously off base. What are you all watching??

GO Karlos!!! Making history in Prime Time!

Stuck to the run against one of the better run defenses in the league.

Got Sammy, Clay, Shady and Karlos involved in the passing game.

Still taking too many sacks and way too long getting plays started. 4 straight 3 and outs again is always worrisome.

Got the well overdue takeaways by stripping the ball and INT's!

If the season ended today- grabbed the 5th seed WC spot. Now hold on to it like your life depended on it.

enjoy it fellas

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Go Browns!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

This stuff is making me laugh and also shake my head. Robey gets beat on a couple plays last night and suddenly he's a liability and he's been struggling all year? Haha, just so untrue. He has played just fine and made a ton of great plays. Just goes to show what groupthink can do. People here just parrot what a few other people start saying and then it's fact.

Nah, that wasn't from someone else's post, it was my observation. if you asked me before the season I'd have put Robey as our best cover guy.

He's getting beat more frequently and for some reason hasn't been utilized for blitzing as much as in the past.

I think you might see Leodis take over slot corner. Rex isn't exactly a cover 2 guy, especially with Gilmore and Darby tearing it up, not sure how else he would get Leodis in play other than the ocassional dime package.

Also wondering if Rambo is going to work his way into SS job for good. Ripping the ball out of Chris Ivorys paws is no simple task. The dude has a knack for the ball thats for sure.

As much as we all know Fitz and how he is, I don't like this argument. We MUST get more pressure on the QB or we're going to keep getting burned.

Give Tom Brady more than 2 seconds and he'll chew up our defense again.

The people saying things like this about TT are seriously off base. What are you all watching??

17/27, 158 yards, 1 TD, 4 sacks

missing big strike to Watkins on opening play

making bad decision to take sack outside tackle box instead of throwing it away, costing us position in red zone

supposed to be mobile but consistently taking a lot of sacks game after game

not seeing the whole field (although I was happy with the finding Karlos over the middle late in the progression)

etc etc etc

taking away the kickoff fumble recovery for TD, the offense had 15 points, and majority of them were setup by turnovers too

big whup, taylor is not the reason we won that game ... silly to think otherwise. Best he can do is not lose if for us. But hopefully he continues to show some signs of improvement

Edited by JTSP

I hope someone makes a gif out of that run (I think we're talking about the same run here) #94 of the Jets had Shady dead on sights for a big hit but he looked silly missing him after Shady sidestepped him, worst of all the Jets player almost killed his teammate in the process.

This is the play.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015111200/2015/REG10/bills@jets#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000578898&tab=videos

Favorite thing about that play is the ways he just jukes out 5-6 Jets simultaneously and they all come crashing in together. I feel bad for the colorblind folks who will never get to enjoy that one.

Stevie comes to mind.

Anyway, I'm not going to dissect this win...on the road...against the #4 team in total defense...against the #1 team against the run. I'm just crazy happy they pulled this one out, and Ryan's emotional outburst after the game kinda epitomizes how I feel. Those Bills played their hearts out!