So would you say the season is over now? Before Halloween?

dayman

We're 3-4. A lot of football left, but we probably have about 2 (maybe 3) losses to give for the entire rest of the season now if we want to compete for playoffs.

We've got a much improved Dolphins team and the Pats again, and a good Jets team twice. Plus a Cowboys team that will be healed by the time we play them, as well as a slew of other games we could potentially drop. Best case scenario I can realistically forecast would be:

W - Dolphins (use the bye as an excuse to do this)

L - @Jets (best case scenario we split and win the home game)

L - @Pats (can't beat them, never do)

W - @Chiefs (fair to say we win)

W - Texans (who really knows but this is best case scenario)

W - @ Eagles (again, best case scenario here)

W - @ 'Skins

L - Cowboys (really don't think we're winning this one, at least not this one and the next one v. the jets)

W - Jets

That would put us at 9-7. I doubt we make the playoffs with that, and this was me being about as optimistic as possible.

Rex lasted 7 games. This season is over.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's over. You are assuming we will win games we are supposed to. Wouldn't you have assumed we would have beat the Jags too? We will probably be 8-8. How did we get all of these supposedly great players and regress? Has to be the coaches

Have to finish in the top 6. Now they sit in eight place. Have Pittsburgh, NY and Miami ahead of them. Have to beat NY both games and Miami to be given a chance. It is a long shot. The Bills need to get and stay healthy for the stretch. Next up is Miami with the season on the line.

Have to finish in the top 6. Now they sit in eight place. Have Pittsburgh, NY and Miami ahead of them. Have to beat NY both games and Miami to be given a chance. It is a long shot. The Bills need to get and stay healthy for the stretch. Next up is Miami with the season on the line.

Bills don't cross lines, they draw new ones.

It's not over but they'll have to be markedly better from here on out to have any chance. They'll have to win a few games that they shouldn't. Not impossible but not likely.

The loss today is the type of loss that crushes the competitive spirit of teams. I could see them going into the tank the next 3 games.

We'll see if Rex can keep the team focused and have them playing inspired ball out of the bye.

Put me down for "it's over." Even with the injury issue, when they come back, still lots of problems, starting with horrible DB play; mediocre QB (yes I said it, he's average); lack of a consistent pass rush; and offensive play calling that is troubling ( still dumbfounded how you call a left roll with the game on the line with a QB who is inaccurate when he's not running and who failed on the same play earlier).

I guess some are ok with sneaking into a symbolic playoff spot to get the streak off the teams back but I'd rather not get in just to get crushed on the road. But I don't think we have to worry. The next three, all against the afc east, should have everyone bellying up for turkey and mashed potatoes already thinking about the draft and hoping for a good pick.

I can't see how anyone thinks this team can beat NE or NYJ on the road. Best case is they beat the Dolphins and go 1-2 but at 4-6 they're done. I'd put 10 times the money on 0-3 than even 2–1.

It's ok to dream but when your eyes are open and you stare reality in the face, it's pretty clear this team is bad despite the talent.

The sad thing is we are wasting a cupcake schedule. The AFC south is the worst division in football by far, and the NFC East is nothing but mediocrity. And we can't beat them.

The Sabres will make the playoffs before the BIlls.

Had the Bills won in a dominant fashion today, I might have said yes. After today, no...absolutely not. You don't lose three home games and then one on the road to the worst team in football and expect to come out smelling like roses in the end.

6-10 or 7-9 looks & sounds more fathomable at this point - and even that is probably being optimistic.

Edited by Bacchus44

Not over yet, but at this point it looks to be only a matter of time. Currently 3-4 and at the bottom of the division again :cry:

After the bye week the Dolphins at home, and they haven't won a home game yet. Then, @ Jets, @ NE. Murderers row...

Injuries, penalties, a sackless team in more ways then one!

We're 3-4. A lot of football left, but we probably have about 2 (maybe 3) losses to give for the entire rest of the season now if we want to compete for playoffs.

We've got a much improved Dolphins team and the Pats again, and a good Jets team twice. Plus a Cowboys team that will be healed by the time we play them, as well as a slew of other games we could potentially drop. Best case scenario I can realistically forecast would be:

W - Dolphins (use the bye as an excuse to do this)

L - @Jets (best case scenario we split and win the home game)

L - @Pats (can't beat them, never do)

W - @Chiefs (fair to say we win)

W - Texans (who really knows but this is best case scenario)

W - @ Eagles (again, best case scenario here)

W - @ 'Skins

L - Cowboys (really don't think we're winning this one, at least not this one and the next one v. the jets)

W - Jets

That would put us at 9-7. I doubt we make the playoffs with that, and this was me being about as optimistic as possible.

Rex lasted 7 games. This season is over.

That's about how I see it, and even that requires us going 3-2 on the road the rest of the way. I hate to say it, but the Dolphins game after the bye is a must win. We could certainly beat the Jets in the Meadowlands, but I've seen precisely nothing to suggest we'll be competitive in Foxboro. So 2-1 is a realistic best case scenario for the next 3, which would leave us at 5-5. Then it would be must wins in 3 pretty even road games -- Chiefs, Eagles, Skins. It is indeed getting to be a long shot ....

Not over yet, but at this point it looks to be only a matter of time. Currently 3-4 and at the bottom of the division again :cry:

After the bye week the Dolphins at home, and they haven't won a home game yet. Then, @ Jets, @ NE. Murderers row...

Injuries, penalties, a sackless team in more ways then one!

I wonder how many Brady puts on the Bills in NE? Yikes, it could be 50.

Yeah, this was it. It'll be a bit before the Bills are mathematically eliminated, but this was the coffin nail that mattered. 3-4 means they can weather one or maybe two losses in the last 9 games to have a chance at a WC. Two wins against the Jets would almost certainly be a must. With those two games, a game at NE and a home game against Dallas (with a likely healthy Romo) it's a highly improbable road even if they take care of the other 5. I really thought 10-6 and the last WC spot was very realistic, but not anymore. 7 or 8 wins is where they'll likely land.

It's over. You are assuming we will win games we are supposed to. Wouldn't you have assumed we would have beat the Jags too? We will probably be 8-8. How did we get all of these supposedly great players and regress? Has to be the coaches

When I see guys in position to make plays and they don't make them, I don't look at the coaches. Why are so many guys getting a pass? I see bad tackling , guys missing blocks, QBs missing open receivers, committing mental error penalties such as false starts, etc. players have to make plays, period. Too many are not, that's why they are losing games.

Yeah, this was it. It'll be a bit before the Bills are mathematically eliminated, but this was the coffin nail that mattered. 3-4 means they can weather one or maybe two losses in the last 9 games to have a chance at a WC. Two wins against the Jets would almost certainly be a must. With those two games, a game at NE and a home game against Dallas (with a likely healthy Romo) it's a highly improbable road even if they take care of the other 5. I really thought 10-6 and the last WC spot was very realistic, but not anymore. 7 or 8 wins is where they'll likely land.

In most years, 10-6 is required but this isn't shaping up as most years. A lot of other teams in AFC have 3 losses already. That said, the Bills haven't shown any kind of consistency and it's hard to envision a lot more wins. The QBing has been terrible and TT needs to start from here on out for them to have any chance. The lack of big plays by the defense is disturbing as well. The pick six today was needed, but let's be honest it was pretty much a punt. As bad a throw as you'll ever see in the NFL. Maybe things will greatly improve as injured players come back but I'm not so sure. Something is just lacking right now.

Ok let's take away the following players from the Pats.

Brady QB

Edelman wr

Amendola wr

Dion Lewis rb

Blount RB playing hurt like shady is

2 starting offensive linemen

One of there best run stuffers Like are Kyle Williams

The best starting safety Like are Williams

And one of the best corners, we don't have mckellvn

Let's see how any team would do.

I don't think are season is over by a long shot

Let's get are players back and then judge this team.

I predicted 4 wins at the beginning of the season. I am shocked we won 3 so far. I haven't watched a full game all fall. Except for today, the weather has been nice every Sunday, and I refused to watch today's game due to globalism. NFL games are all WWF, so don't let yourself get too bent out of shape when the same five or six teams make the playoffs every year: Pats*, Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, Packers. It's all a joke anyway. Rex knows it and the veteran players know it. I do feel bad for fans with their blinders on and the Pegula's, though.

9-7 could get you to the playoffs in the AFC.

I predicted 4 wins at the beginning of the season. I am shocked we won 3 so far. I haven't watched a full game all fall. Except for today, the weather has been nice every Sunday, and I refused to watch today's game due to globalism. NFL games are all WWF, so don't let yourself get too bent out of shape when the same five or six teams make the playoffs every year: Pats*, Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, Packers. It's all a joke anyway. Rex knows it and the veteran players know it. I do feel bad for fans with their blinders on and the Pegula's, though.

Predicted four wins. Haven't watched any of the seven games so far.

Credibility, meet window.