Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

This should be interesting.

I actually like both TT and EJ. I hope they both do well for the Bills.

P.S. If TT was injured on that tackle as reported, that really sucks. Players should respect other players' careers. That horse tackle was a horse sh*t way to bring TT down.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm excited to see what EJ can do with his arm. This may be his last chance.

Expect some communication issues on Sunday, just like in preseason. It could get ugly against that Cincy front-7.

I don't get why anyone posts this. It shouldn't be his last opportunity.

Tyrod is always going to be banged up and/or injured with his style. There's no way around it.

Therefore, he isn't going to be a guy you can rely on week in, week out, season in, season out.

Just my opinion. Love the guy's fire and energy, but he takes huge shots every game. That=injuries for a QB.

Isn't that what everybody was saying about EJ previously?

true. Odd stat I like to acknowledge is that over 85% of replacement QB's win that first game out.

fwiw AJ Hawk was just on the radio here talking about how they kind of caught a break with Russell Wilson and TT in back to back weeks because they are similar QBs. That was before the news broke.

If he misses the next two plus the bye, I think that would be ideal. Return after the bye, 100% healthy.

If that happens, Miami is going to get the **** beaten out of them with all of the healthy guys coming back.

Shouldn't the !@#$er that horse collared TT be fined or suspended?? They committed a personal foul that resulted in our QB missing game(s).

Also, do the refs give us more "benefit of the doubt" on close calls for roughing the passer? I mean, TT now jumps above Cam Newton on the "has earned the close calls" because he's been injured.

Edited by BringBackFergy

@MikeGarafolo: Give Cincy defensive staff credit for foresight. They had hunch Tyrod Taylor might sit Sun, so they started prep for EJ Manuel yesterday.

Interesting - AJ Hawk said they have been dialed into TT.

Btw the comments under that tweet are lit. No respect for EJ I guess.

Edited by YoloinOhio

fwiw AJ Hawk was just on the radio here talking about how they kind of caught a break with Russell Wilson and TT in back to back weeks because they are similar QBs. That was before the news broke.

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports

Sorry. Should have typed "could miss," as @JasonLaCanfora reported for Taylor. Not "to miss." Nothing is certain as of now, Im told.

wait what?? So he's not hurt and these past half dozen pages are all for naught?

they didn't trade him for a bag of magic beans they traded him for a draft pick next year. Something that quite honestly a journeyman veteran QB nearing retirement (also a veteran who has had a mediocre to bad career) is not worth. It is absolutely amazing that the Bills managed to get anything for a player who they had cut a week before and cleared waivers because NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE WANTED HIM! This was brilliantly played by Whaley and friends I'm sorry.

a 2017 pick, actually.

Heartbreaking news about Tyrod. Get well soon!!

Even if EJ is the starter next week, again, this isn't the first time Roman has had to switch out QBs and change the game plan. EJ has been compared to Alex Smith, so I see no reason why they can't go back into the drawer for those style of plays.

Probably fewer devoted Read-Option runs, but a rollout or two and maybe some more shotgun.

Lets see If I get this rtght - EJ plays against an undefeated very hot Cincy team.

If the Bills lose then EJ is the loser regardless.

Same for the Jags.. If the Bills win then we hear that the Jags suck and that EJ should have won the game in his sleep.

If he wins both then what?

If he wins both then the Bills are 5-2 heading into the bye :D

IMO.....EJ should start

I have been trying hard to figure out WTF Roman has been holding TT in the pocket instead of letting Tyrod be Tyrod at the beginning of these games

Now I understand

Roman has been trying to protect his injured QB from potential taking hits as he is already hurt.....but late in the games when they HAVE to win the games they have let Tyrod be Tyrod especiallin the in the Titans game.....

Just let EJ start the Bengals game...I have complete confidence in EJ Manuel. Heal up your starting QB for the strength of our schedule.

If somebody links to a reliable source indicating EJ starts Sunday so be it. I find nothing to substantiate the claim as of yet.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.<br /><br />The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.<br /><br />Thank you.

This sprained MCL has only been reported by Jason LaConfora. When an actual reputable insider corroborates I'll be concerned. Until then I'll just read this...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24934962/all-signs-pointing-to-doug-marrone-as-next-jets-coach

Exactly. LaCanfora has been batting less than .500 in his scoops. I wouldn't be so quick to change the thread title.

I have an idea: let's not send our starting QB out to get smashed in the !@#$ing knee trying to catch a pass when he's ALREADY banged up!

Given the way Roman was handling TT earlier in the game that play was a real head scratcher.....it actually had the feel of a play that TT audibled into in the huddle....

but that is a stretch