Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

There isn't a soul in that building that doubts that EJ wants to win.

If you don't think he's got the late drive to win, go back and watch the Carolina, Atlanta, and Jax games from 2013

He doesn't know how to fight until the end.........watch him..hell watch him on the sidelines.......Tyrod got that to him..

and lol at going back 2 yrs to find a good game or win from EJ.

I go back to this past week on Tyrod winning the game by himself.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Cassel is a much different QB than EJ and TT and not significantly better than EJ so it made no sense for him to be sandwhiched between them on the depth chart. What's your rebuttal to that?

My response: I don't care about players' feelings and I don't think a scrub LB playing special teams is of any value in the grand scheme of things. I mean, that's what we're talking about here in terms of the roster replacement.

Let's look at the worst case scenario, friends.

Taylor misses next two games, then there's a bye, so that's nearly 4 weeks before the Miami game. The Bills have a defense that is capable of winning games, and after Cinci they play the Jagoffs in London.

Not going to throw away the season on this news...

Yes. My first reaction was "well...sh&t".

But the Cincy game was going to be tough no matter who was playing. And, to be honest, this kind of flips the script for the offense, which may be a good thing gping in. EJ is a very different QB to prepare for, and has his own chemistry with receivers, like Woods who has been overlooked and there's only preseason film on him in Roman's offense.

I believe Freddy was out for 4 games with his MCL so let's look ahead:

-Neutral venue game vs a very weak Jugs team.

-Bye week

- Home against a very weak Miami team

If this was going to happen, I would prefer it be this time of year.

:lol:

Nice.

What about rolling Cassel's saved $ into 2016? IMO it's something to consider...

That's unnecessary because Dareus' contract already factored into 2016. If you're claiming we needed to cut Cassel to sign big D, how the hell are we gonna have to room to sign Bradham/Gilmore/Glenn? Any one of them.

Tyrod is always going to be banged up and/or injured with his style. There's no way around it.

Therefore, he isn't going to be a guy you can rely on week in, week out, season in, season out.

Just my opinion. Love the guy's fire and energy, but he takes huge shots every game. That=injuries for a QB.

He doesn't know how to fight until the end.........watch him..hell watch him on the sidelines.......Tyrod got that to him..

Small sample size last year.

Tyrod is always going to be banged up and/or injured with his style. There's no way around it.

Therefore, he isn't going to be a guy you can rely on week in, week out, season in, season out.

Just my opinion. Love the guy's fire and energy, but he takes huge shots every game. That=injuries for a QB.

I gotta disagree with this. I think he plays very smartly. Just a fluke thing to get horse collared on a long run. Otherwise, I think he does a nice job of avoiding contact.

Then why do you value Matt Cassel?

Because he's a guy who can get you to 2-2 in a 4-game stretch. There are a lot of 3rd string QBs in the league who get you to 0-4. The Bills found that out with Jeff Tuel/Thad Lewis (remember, Kevin Kolb was in that rotation until the season began).

Good grief...that's not even close to true.

I said that you should go back to the Carolina, Atlanta, and Jax games to see how the kid plays when the game is on the line. Clearly, you missed that part of my post, or else you'd never have typed that 2nd sentence.

That's unnecessary because Dareus' contract already factored into 2016. If you're claiming we needed to cut Cassel to sign big D, how the hell are we gonna have to room to sign Bradham/Gilmore/Glenn? Any one of them.

I didn't claim that at all. I'm saying that the team needs cap space in 2016 more than they need it now, so that could in fact be a contributing factor as to why they got rid of Cassel.