John Clayton Opinion Means Nothing

HailMary

John Clayton needs to do some homework on the Bills before sharing his opinion. I bet he hasn't watched any highlights of Tyrod Taylor and gives his opinion on what he thinks not what he sees. Collects weekly dough for his time on WGR without watching this team.

the OP is probably talking about John Clayton's interview with the guys at WGR just now. he said that Tyrod hasn't done anything impressive or that would make you go wow. he thinks that the Bills will lose the first 2 games and be out of it and they might wish they had gone with Cassel.

the OP is probably talking about John Clayton's interview with the guys at WGR just now. he said that Tyrod hasn't done anything impressive or that would make you go wow. he thinks that the Bills will lose the first 2 games and be out of it and they might wish they had gone with Cassel.

alright, I officially hate John Clayton.

that's not what he said. He just said you don't want to be in a 0-2 hole and wish you'd gone with cassel. He said he thinks the Bills have a great shot at the first two games with the defense.

I thINk all skepticism is warranted until he shows what he can do in the regular season. Did any of us expect outsiders to be excited about Tyrod Talor?

The media may not be excited about Tyrod, but a bunch of players and coaches that have been around him are. And I think that is more telling.

This further solidifies my opinion that talking head sports "gurus" don't any more about football or what's going on than we do. They just spout the conventional wisdom.

I have a nephew that works in sports radio and co hosts a fantasy football show. I asked him who should start for the Bills when I saw him in June. Care to guess who he picked?

Cassel.

Edited by reddogblitz

Funny thing...Russel Wilson when he was a rookie played very similar to Taylor with the same type of fan support.

What is it with Meh that these writers always want to see him. It is like they want garbage QBs to be with the Bills forever.

It is like these guys are pissed b.c they went with an unknown b.c they don't want that unknown to possibly be good. They would rather see the garbage QB that we have all seen many times take a team nowhere.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Just curious does Don Banks and Heath Evans opinions also mean nothing. Evans apparently picked us to win the SuperBowl. LOL Funny how these guys know nothing, but in the other threads on Banks and Evans, they get all the love. Yeah I get it but is still very laughable ohhh...... "Clayton means nothing!!"

that's not what he said. He just said you don't want to be in a 0-2 hole and wish you'd gone with cassel. He said he thinks the Bills have a great shot at the first two games with the defense.

If LeGoat hates him i hate him. screw context and his horse

This further solidifies my opinion that talking head sports "gurus" don't any more about football or what's going on than we do. They just spout the conventional wisdom.

I have a nephew that works in sports radio and co hosts a fantasy football show. I asked him who should start for the Bills when I saw him in June. Care to guess who he picked?

Cassel.

Anyone would've picked Cassel back in June. By default. Most people had Cassel until the Cleveland game. This is nothing.

Ya know, the 'every sports writer, insider, talking head, columnist are all a bunch of hacks' narrative is SO freaking stale.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

The only opINion I care about is the reality of W-L. These pundits are paid to talk and create an audience. That said, we've proven nothing yet. Predicting the end of the season before it starts, is like predicting draft results right at the end, so much can happen that it really is a crap shoot.

John Clayton needs to do some homework on the Bills before sharing his opinion. I bet he hasn't watched any highlights of Tyrod Taylor and gives his opinion on what he thinks not what he sees. Collects weekly dough for his time on WGR without watching this team.

That goes for a lot talking heads out there. They only parrot what they watch and read, not what they witness with their own eyes. Lazy bums.

Edited by MyDogLuvsPB

I didn't.

Who did you pick? I mean, if there was a Vegas favorite in June, it was Matt Cassel. If someone said they thought Matt Cassel would end up as the starter back in June, that does not discredit them in any way. Cassel was in the lead until the Cleveland game, at which point Taylor kind of nudged his way ahead.