Cassel released

FluffHead

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No backup QB makes the money that Cassel would have made if on the opening day roster (the full $6mil) Maybe he comes back for less money...maybe somebody else picks him up immediately....its really a money thing for Cassell at this point. I would not even be surprised if the Pats did so depending on their view of the Garapolow guy.

Red Bryant? WTF?

Means Carrington beat him out.

No backup QB makes the money that Cassel would have made if on the opening day roster (the full $6mil) Maybe he comes back for less money...maybe somebody else picks him up immediately....its really a money thing for Cassell at this point. I would not even be surprised if the Pats did so depending on their view of the Garapolow guy.

Means Carrington beat him out.

I like Megahand. I just thought they would both make it, and someone else would get cut. Can't think of who that was, til i look at a roster. But Red looked real good against the run.

The Bills have released more players than required. Waiver and/or trade acquisitions coming.

'Splains it. I thought they could keep Red at 53.

Cowboys released this guy - got a good write-up in July as a possible C/G swing man

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/07/09/rookie-watch-experienced-center-mcdermott-eyes-backup-line-spot

edit. mentioned because the Cowboys have a great O line, and hanging on until now in their camp might mean something to a less fortunate depth chart

Edited by BackInDaDay

So...I guess we can at least put all the "he was #3 throughout camp" garbage to rest...The coaches have confidence in EJ no matter what was reported throughout camp, or there is no way they make this move...

I hope most Bills fans will get behind this move...It's entirely possible that we now have two developing young QB's with a lot of promise...

I guess the WGR group can now proceed to predicting doom if/when EJ gets in there...That should be their next move... B-)

Pats will bring him in and get a copy of the playbook. Then they will let him go.

Must really suck thinking you've made the team and then you get cut so they can pick up someone else who got cut...

I can't believe they cut him. Whaley went rogue on this cut. I wonder if he ran it past Pegula first? What about First Niagara bank...I bet they're pissed.

So...I guess we can at least put all the "he was #3 throughout camp" garbage to rest...The coaches have confidence in EJ no matter what was reported throughout camp, or there is no way they make this move...

I hope most Bills fans will get behind this move...It's entirely possible that we now have two developing young QB's with a lot of promise...

I guess the WGR group can now proceed to predicting doom if/when EJ gets in there...That should be their next move... B-)

I think he probably was number 3 throughout camp right until the end when he played that perfect game. The perfect game is probably what pushed him high enough in the minds of the coaches to make them think he should be number 2. Regardless though, does it really matter. He made the team and Cassel didn't. They obviously think EJ is better for the team than Cassel when factoring everything in which includes talent evaluation and salary.

I think he probably was number 3 throughout camp right until the end when he played that perfect game. The perfect game is probably what pushed him high enough in the minds of the coaches to make them think he should be number 2. Regardless though, does it really matter. He made the team and Cassel didn't. They obviously think EJ is better for the team than Cassel when factoring everything in which includes talent evaluation and salary.

You're exactly right...It does not matter...And that was the point I was trying to make...All that negative reporting when all that mattered is how they finished when they all had a grasp of the offensive system... B-)

I agree to a point. I think the long perfect pass in the Panther game started it for the coaches and for EJ himself. Then after the first couple series of bad snaps and bad OL play and average QBing, with his Bills career on the line EJ put together the perfect drive with no less than five great throws on it including two 4-14 great throws in a row to win the game. Rex and the coaches loved that. Then he had the perfect third game as you said.

But they had been seeing improvement over time as EJ got comfortable in the offense and got more confidence and that translated into better accuracy and performance.

...or it was more about the $$$ saved and couldn't justify paying MC that much.

Puts all the pressure on Taylor. I still do not think that EJ is a starting caliber QB. Not a great plan to go into the season in this way. The front office had time to make a better effort at trying to fix our QB issue. Hopefully, Taylor can be the guy.

I agree to a point. I think the long perfect pass in the Panther game started it for the coaches and for EJ himself. Then after the first couple series of bad snaps and bad OL play and average QBing, with his Bills career on the line EJ put together the perfect drive with no less than five great throws on it including two 4-14 great throws in a row to win the game. Rex and the coaches loved that. Then he had the perfect third game as you said.

But they had been seeing improvement over time as EJ got comfortable in the offense and got more confidence and that translated into better accuracy and performance.

EJ improved his practice performances in the last couple of weeks @ SJF.

I think they saw more consistency from EJ. Beginning of camp it was a lot of good day, bad day, bad day, good day. Then after the Browns game he started stringing together good practices.