Cassel released

FluffHead

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No backup QB makes the money that Cassel would have made if on the opening day roster (the full $6mil) Maybe he comes back for less money...maybe somebody else picks him up immediately....its really a money thing for Cassell at this point. I would not even be surprised if the Pats did so depending on their view of the Garapolow guy.

Red Bryant? WTF?

Means Carrington beat him out.

No backup QB makes the money that Cassel would have made if on the opening day roster (the full $6mil) Maybe he comes back for less money...maybe somebody else picks him up immediately....its really a money thing for Cassell at this point. I would not even be surprised if the Pats did so depending on their view of the Garapolow guy.

Means Carrington beat him out.

I like Megahand. I just thought they would both make it, and someone else would get cut. Can't think of who that was, til i look at a roster. But Red looked real good against the run.

The Bills have released more players than required. Waiver and/or trade acquisitions coming.

'Splains it. I thought they could keep Red at 53.

Cowboys released this guy - got a good write-up in July as a possible C/G swing man

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/07/09/rookie-watch-experienced-center-mcdermott-eyes-backup-line-spot

edit. mentioned because the Cowboys have a great O line, and hanging on until now in their camp might mean something to a less fortunate depth chart

Edited by BackInDaDay

So...I guess we can at least put all the "he was #3 throughout camp" garbage to rest...The coaches have confidence in EJ no matter what was reported throughout camp, or there is no way they make this move...

I hope most Bills fans will get behind this move...It's entirely possible that we now have two developing young QB's with a lot of promise...

I guess the WGR group can now proceed to predicting doom if/when EJ gets in there...That should be their next move... B-)