Name the top 5 most "beloved" Bills of all time

Bocephuz

Name the top 5 most "beloved" Bills of all time. Not necessarily the best Bills players of all time, but think more in terms of the biggest fan favorites.

1. - Jim Kelly - savior of the franchise, flawed but tough, talented and a great community member

2. - Darryl Talley - heart and soul of Super Bowl teams, inspired a go fund me campaign from the fans

3. - Fred Jackson - heart and soul of post Super Bowl teams, inspired his own mass online campaign

4. - Brian Moorman - lone bright spot on poor teams for years, involved in community

5. - Kyle Williams - underdog gritty player, great team leader

* I was born in 1979 so I can't really comment on Pre Jim Kelly era.. interested to see who some of the old timers would add to this list.

% O.J. Simpson would probably have been number 1 except for that pesky double murder thing

Speaking from 1980 on, I think you can make the argument that Fred was one of the top 5 beloved Bills outside of the golden era. Hard to compare anyone in the post-Kelly era to that group.

Some other names that come to mind (some from the golden era, but not yet mentioned):

Leonard Smith - had a great run as a hard hitting safety with attitude.

Billy Brooks - beloved player from 93-95, made a ton of clutch plays over that stretch.

Flutie - polarizing, but a lot of people LOVED him.

Frank Reich

In the last fifteen years, it is Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, and Brian Moorman.

the topic is 'beloved Bill', there were no Buffalo Bills more beloved than OJ, Thurman may be a close second, but I think OJ by a mile is THE most beloved Bill ever.

1. OJ

2. Thurman

3. Talley

4. Bruce

5. Kelly/Biscuit

OJ Simpson.. The greatest Buffalo Bills running back of all time.

What about JP Losman? He embraced the Buffalo community and seemed to love the city.

That is, of course, until he was run out of town for being a horrible QB.

Like Troy Vincent, I thought he was full of crap regarding how good he was but at least he tried. Picking up garbage downtown was a nice gesture

Popular Bills -

1. Jim Kelly

2. Paul MacGuire

3. Jack Kemp

4. Fred Jackson

5. Billy Shaw

6. Kent Hull

7. Therman Thomas

8. Bruce Smith

9. Daryl Talley

10. Andre Reed

11. Ernie Warlick - yes, Ernie Warlick was loved in Buffalo (Henry's Hamburgers)

Unpopular Bills

1. Willis Magahee

2. Tom Cousineau

3. Donte Whitner

4. Freddie "the turncoat" Smerlas

5. Ronnie Harmon

Edited by Bob in STL