QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a little late, that's been being called since the Steeler's game.

Even though I'm an EJ Manuel guy, I'm good with Taylor starting and Manuel as the backup.

RGIII may be an option as well as it appears his days in Washington are over...

lol best comment ever:

dcee101 says:Aug 31, 2015 11:39 AM

Low risk, high reward decision.

Rex is so confident in his decision that he is on his way to the tattoo parlor.

Now that he is the guy, is T-Mobile really the nickname we're going with?

Likely not as I think Store 716 got a cease and desist for using it....unless they immediately stopped selling the popular shirt and removed all reference for some other reason.

So, there we have it. Deal was struck. Whaley said he'll allow Tyrod starting over EJ if Rex agrees to cut Freddy for Bryce Brown. Seeing that the starting QB is the most important player on the team, Rex begrudgingly agreed to it.

Now, Whaley gets to keep his little pet RB on the roster, Rex gets his starting QB, and they both feel like they won something. Meanwhile, Daddy Pegula is happy to see his children getting along.

My God - I hope you are wrong...There is no good reason for cutting Fred over Brown, but this would be horrible.

(BTW - Love The Flag!!!)

Likely not as I think Store 716 got a cease and desist for using it....unless they immediately stopped selling the popular shirt and removed all reference for some other reason.

The real T-mobile would be nuts for not taking all the free publicity.

I think Cassel is next to go which would hv surprised me before camp but after the way Tyrod and EJ hv played wouldn't surprise me at all.

Bills could be clearing some space to extend Dareus

Both Fred and Cassel end up with Pats

While it is slightly racist, I think I prefer "Thug Flutie". But I understand why they wouldnt go with it.

Oh God no. Don't curse him with the Flutie handle. I expect TT to actually win some playoff games in the NFL (unlike Douggie).

tyrod can do exactly what people expected cassel to do. Simple throws that are high percentage and run the ball. I don't know why people think tyrod is just going to come out slinging it and throwing it to all these different areas of the field. I think they will have a plan to develop him. Remember russell wilson most attempts his rookie year was 37 in an ot game. He average 24 throws a game and they ran the ball. as long as tyrod is going like 17 of 25 we're golden.

As an avid but mostly quiet EJ supporter this summer, I am ok with this move.

That said, I was a Tyrod doubter, and have been pleasantly surprised.

I am not eating my crow till he starts facing teams and winning a second time or we clinch a playoff spot.

I still believe EJ has a future, and we might as well cut Meh, as the other two already play above his ceiling.

Well - let's cut Cassel and resign our guys -MD, NB, CG and SG. I really like TT but do not think he is the long term solution, but let's give him the opportunity. We can allow EJ to contiue to develop under this staff. If TT is the answer then great, if not and EJ continues to improve, then great. If not we are in QB purgatory as DW suggested. I am just glad we did not go with Cassel.

Harder to play man coverage with Tyrod, and you have to be really careful with your rush lanes - if your DEs get too aggressive and lose contain, he'll make you pay. Didn't have as many TD throws as I was hoping to see this preseason, but he seemed very efficient at moving the sticks.

Fine. Let's move on and drop the melodramatic obsession with who is / isn't throwing the ball in the media tent.

TT will be exciting to watch. And we even have the depth chart covered, which is a real mindwarp after the 'worst QB situation in the NFL' blather...

I like Lori's comment:

Lori Chase @LChase_RA 31m31 minutes ago

@TJCutini Well, if they're going with Taylor, guess they don't need to worry as much about keeping an RB who can pick up the blitz.

LOL some truth to that!

I thought it was clear that overall, Taylor was the most consistent and productive QB through TC and preseason. EJM came on strong at the end but still inconsistent, seems to need a bit more work.

Now that he is the guy, is T-Mobile really the nickname we're going with?

Isn't Tyrod a cool enough name in and of itself? He doesn't have to have a nickname. BTW, I think T-Mobile is a very boring nickname. The man's got a name and it's very cool already IMO.

Calling it right now... Cassel will be cut!

I think that would be a mistake. I think it is more likely that FredEx is a roster casualty in part BECAUSE they've decided it's best for the team if they keep 3 QB.

I realize that the concept of making a roster spot for Meh Cassel by cutting a force of nature like FredEx would probably make most of this message board throw up in their mouths, but if it's Game 10, TT and EJ are injured, and Bills are in a knife-fight for a playoff spot, we may live to be glad of it.

Edited by Hopeful

Linky?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000518335/article/tyrod-taylor-named-bills-starting-qb

"a source informed of the team's thinking"

Still no official announcement.

I like Lori's comment:

Lori Chase ‏@LChase_RA 31m31 minutes ago

@TJCutini Well, if they're going with Taylor, guess they don't need to worry as much about keeping an RB who can pick up the blitz.

LOL some truth to that!

I thought it was clear that overall, Taylor was the most consistent and productive QB through TC and preseason. EJM came on strong at the end but still inconsistent, seems to need a bit more work.

Makes sense if TT plays the entire year and never gets hurt. But having some RB pass protection is a good idea no matter who your starting QB, IMO.

I think that would be a mistake. I think it is more likely that FredEx is a roster casualty in part BECAUSE they've decided it's best for the team if they keep 3 QB.

I realize that the concept of making a roster spot for Meh Cassel by cutting a force of nature like FredEx would probably make most of this message board throw up in their mouths, but if it's Game 10, TT and EJ are injured, and Bills are in a knife-fight for a playoff spot, we may live to be glad of it.

I hear you, I felt that way too. However, the current NFL cap structure doesn't allow for it. It becomes a wooden leg to carry a third QB at 4-5 million.