QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

You are making this WAY too personal, IMO. Not starting a player isn't dissing him. If anything Rex went out of his way to say it was a very close competition and all three played well.

I also don't think EJ will be a distraction in any way. The guy has always been professional and a team guy all the way. Hopefully, if he gets his opportunity this year, he will make the most of it.

I am taking it personal, its the Bills, I get fired up. I think Rex is wrong on this one and I think a lot of fans are brainwashed by what they hear from others.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really thought Tyrod moved the ball the best with the most consistency

plus he brings the scramble to the equation better then the rest

I went back and read Astro's report on the last day of TC open to the media and thought it was interesting

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/180167-astro-notes-final-open-practice-of-training-camp/?p=3645680

Cassel looked the best vs air but faded in 7-7 or 11-11.

EJ had great throws and bad throws.

Taylor, overall, had the best consistency and won the practice.

Put that together with what we saw in games, I'd say he won the competition.

Edited by Hopeful

I have been a EJ supporter in the past......and love what he has done this offseason and had TT NOT been playing so well I would have no problem with EJ Manuel as the starter

but

It is what it is....TT has been the most steady qb.....he constantly improved in camp....and it carried over into the games

Its Tyrod time

This is a silly statement. What makes you think he's fragile? Does he have a history of getting hurt? In TT, I saw a guy with great pocket presence and a keen ability to sense where the rush is coming from and avoid it (unlike EJ). I did not see TT absorb any heavy hits in the preseason.

In all due fairness in the Cleveland game he led his his shoulder in the open field well after he got the first. But most of the time he absolutely knows when to slide or get out of bounds.

Could the organization been giving EJ this time to show them what he's got to?

Sure that is possible but it is going to be awfully difficult now that he is going to be backing up. If Tyrod gets hurt he will get a chance I would think. I do not think that it is likely that he plays unless Tyrod is going to miss a whole game or more.

Do you not know Rex's history? Has he not displayed his ego enough for you. Rex picks his guy and doesn't look back. Rex makes his choice. He chose Tyrod, he chose to make my guy, Manuel sit. I think Rex made the wrong decision.

I like Tyrods energy but I see him being exposed quickly. I see the WR's wanting to catch those big balls EJ throws, I see it becoming a distraction. I am not all, Oh, Rex is so perfect, since he says it it must be right. I think he is wrong and it could hurt the team. His leash just got very short with me.

All I want to see is the Bills win, my gut tells me, through this season Manuel wins us more games than Tyrod. I wanted Manuel last year, and I want him this year. If all we do is win with Tyrod, then I'll become a blind follower, I just, I'm so so skeptical.

I am not being flip, I really don't know where you are coming from with Rex. Does everyone that has an ego make bad decisions? Is being decisive about who you think the best player will be a bad thing? Is it a distraction to have backups with potential on the team?

Again, I LIKE EJ and hope he continues his improvement. I have not seen anything that makes me think there is something nefarious going on. In fact, I think the Bills went out of there way to give each guy more than enough chances in pre-season. If anyone has a complaint with that it's MC. He got virtually no work.

Edited by dubs

Its a good contract actually.....it gives the bills a chance to play him with no buyers remorse

and if he plays lights out.....this is where u renegotiate the contract and it will be much more affordable then these other franchise qb salaries.

I'm thinking it's a good contract for the Bills as well. It's going to be interesting in 2 yrs.

I have been a EJ supporter in the past......and love what he has done this offseason and had TT NOT been playing so well I would have no problem with EJ Manuel as the starter

but

It is what it is....TT has been the most steady qb.....he constantly improved in camp....and it carried over into the games

Its Tyrod time

This is me too. I do think EJ looked a lot better and I want the Bills to keep him, but Tyrod's biggest question has never been his arm or ability to feel pressure or make plays with his legs, it was always whether he could make intermediate passes over the middle, step up I'm the pocket when he had to instead if running and go through his progressions.

For certain we've seen him do the last two. Well see on the first.

His coach appears to have put him at third string, and playing favorites, I'll add. What more chances do you see Manuel getting under Rex?

I didn't say I think he's not gonna get better, homes, I think he is gonna get better. If he ever gets a chance to play. And here in Buffalo, he ain't getting the chance to play.

Right now he's not...

But I think Rex and Roman are smart...They see his potential...I would not count EJ out at all in Buffalo...

Then again I'm wrong a lot... ;)

Right now he's not...

But I think Rex and Roman are smart...They see his potential...I would not count EJ out at all in Buffalo...

Then again I'm wrong a lot... ;)

I'm wrong alot too, I hope I'm wrong on this.