QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

Bottom line, we win, I shut up. We lose, all you guys saying Tyrod clearly won, can wonder if the crazy lunatinc ranting Shake was right

That's the issue. Speaking for myself, I am not trying to be "right". Rather just commenting on your position that somehow EJ got screwed and Rex is either through malicious intent or being flat out blinded by his ego that he's behind the screwing.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MoveTheSticks: Tyrod Taylor won't need to produce many points to win games. Defense should dominate. Protect the ball & produce a couple big plays.

Frankly that is thinking small and scared. As I have said numerous times over the past couple of days, we did not get guys like Watkins, Harvin and Clay to play ball control, play-not-to-lose football. I want to see Greatest show on turf Part Deux

That's the issue. Speaking for myself, I am not trying to be "right". Rather just commenting on your position that somehow EJ got screwed and Rex is either through malicious intent or being flat out blinded by his ego that he's behind the screwing.

I feel 100% confident on a few things here.

EJ is the best QB on out roster

Rex has ALOT to prove when it comes to picking QB's

Rex's best attribute is also his worst downfall, loyalty to " His guy"

Tyrod is his guy

I'm not trying to be right or wrong, I strongly feel EJ is our best guy. I'll gladly be wrong on this, I have no ego. You all can tell me how wrong I was and I'll laugh about it.

Edited by mastershake

Tyrod is his guy

I'm not trying to be right or wrong, I strongly feel EJ is our best guy. I'll gladly be wrong on this, I have no ego. You all can tell me how wrong I was and I'll laugh about it.

from what has always been reported, Rex never picked his QBs in NY. So this would be the first time. He still needs to establish credibility there but I don't necessarily think he lost credibility in NY for drafting Sanchez and Geno and signing Vick. From what had been reported and discussed often by him, he didn't have much of a say in personnel decisions or draft picks. They tried to say he did, but often went a different direction than what he wanted.

For the life of me, I can not understand why Rex started EJ in that game unless it was to showcase him for a trade. Trade him now, his value will never be higher and lets hope Rex's ego doesn't get the better of him, again.

For the life of you? This whole "showcase" argument (that I once even proposed myself) is ridiculous. EJ looked fantastic in the game, and he's still a young first round QB who is showing signs of development. Why would you trade him? So that if Taylor goes down you can go to a completely different offense with Cassel? Makes no sense.

If I'm the Bills I cut Cassel and put Simms on the PS.

And don't even mention Bob Griffin. He's a broken QB.

I for one do not, but I certainly respect your opinion.

I'll tell ya my friend, I cannot wait to see more runs like the 21 yd. td vs. the Steelers. I always wanted to see EJ do this, but Tyrod really can motor down the field!

Hopefully, he'll be fast enough to make the defenders miss all season. The AFC is no joke when it comes to defenses.

I'm giving Taylor four games to begin to establish himself as a solid starting QB before I would start calling for them to consider putting in Manuel. I think that's fair and I said as much if they decided to start Manuel. These are two guys who've been in the league long enough to not be allowed a whole season of not playing well.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: It was important to see Taylor succeed as a passer this summer

@TyDunne: Ryan on seeing Taylor in the pocket: "That was important. ... His ability to throw the ball was the overriding thing."

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: This is an organizational decision to start Tyrod Taylor

@buffalobills: IT'S OFFICIAL: Tyrod Taylor is our 2015 starting QB!

Get to know the man under center: http://t.co/lmPShgtuIyhttp://t.co/8s2bYOolMU

For the life of you? This whole "showcase" argument (that I once even proposed myself) is ridiculous. EJ looked fantastic in the game, and he's still a young first round QB who is showing signs of development. Why would you trade him? So that if Taylor goes down you can go to a completely different offense with Cassel? Makes no sense.

Someone said it here already a few times and I tend to agree. I think Matt Cassell is the get through the game QB if Tyrod goes down. EJ is the starter for the next game given an opportunity for a full week of practice and game planning.

You're reading me all wrong, I wanna see EJ play because I think he's an exciting QB. Even if it for another team. He's getting no chance here. From the fans or the Coaching staff.

I don't want Bob Griffen anywhere near our locker room

And I'm pissed at Rex,

1 Tyrod

2 Cassel

3 Sims

Rex has made his bed now let him lie in it. EJ is an excellent QB that has earned his chance. That deserves his chance. His time is now.

Edited by mastershake

Hopefully, he'll be fast enough to make the defenders miss all season. The AFC is no joke when it comes to defenses.

I'm giving Taylor four games to begin to establish himself as a solid starting QB before I would start calling for them to consider putting in Manuel. I think that's fair and I said as much if they decided to start Manuel. These are two guys who've been in the league long enough to not be allowed a whole season of not playing well.

Taylor has 35 career passes but 14 games isn't enough for EJ? I don't get it? Taylor is going to be the guy barring an injury. They are not going to just shuffle guys in and out.

Tyrod is his guy

Agreed.

I am thrilled with this decision. I understand we as a community are split whenever there are QB controversies, but I think we have a good ball team here and I'm happy the decision was between players who were performing exceedingly well as opposed to the least bad. I also am happy to have EJ on the team, and think he's got a future in the league. If Tyrod doesn't turn into an above average QB I'd be happy to start EJ down the road. I just happen to think TT has a hell of a ceiling (as does EJ), and he won the competition.

@AroundTheNFL: Rex Ryan announces Tyrod Taylor is indeed the teams starting QB.

IMHO, they named Tyrod the starter because they could not look EJ in the eye and tell him Matt Cassel beat you out for the starting job.

You're reading me all wrong, I wanna see EJ play because I think he's an exciting QB. Even if it for another team. He's getting no chance here. From the fans or the Coaching staff.

I don't want Bob Griffen anywhere near our locker room

And I'm pissed at Rex,

1 Tyrod

2 Cassel

3 Sims

Rex has made his bed now let him lie in it. EJ is an excellent QB that has earned his chance. That deserves his chance. His time is now.

So you're not a Bills fan, you're an EJ fan.

Good luck with that. Pat*** like fans like you.