RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you put your rational thoughts away and let me irrationally vent?!?

Jk, I actually don't like the move because I think that he brings more to the team than Brown or Dixon. His leadership, pass blocking, and running ability made him the perfect backup IMO (with Karlos in short yardage).

I also don't like the move because of the obvious reason. He is the ultimate teammate, a warrior and a guy that deserves to see this through. If it is a coin-flip situation (which it is IMO) you cut Brown or Boobie (in that order) before Fred.

haha - i hear you. and i wouldnt have been upset if they kept him either. but at this point they know the plans, they know the pieces they think they need to achieve those goals, they know all the guys health.... for me its a put the faith in the guys to execute what they are setting out to do situation. i dont LIKE the move, but i can stomach it and can see a vision where they end up proven right (even if fred contributes elsewhere for a year or two)

Cutting Jackson is comparable to losing a SuperBowl? Some of these comments are amazing.

The sinking feeling in my stomach says so yes. He's a better RB than anyone on this roster not named McCoy. Boobie proved he can't handle the load and Please remember this post, hoping Karlos Willimas will let a lot of fans down. He was an average tweener at FSU who lost his job to a true freshman. He's not a RB, he's a athlete without a true position and also has had fumbling problems. He will bomb mark my words. There is no replacement on this team for Freddy, not in a backup role or a leadership role. Terrible move.

I don't like the move but that team won't have Shady McCoy getting 300 carries.

I love Fred and don't like this move but I didn't know where they were going to play him. McCoy is a three down back. Fred has never been a great short yardage back even though he sees to get every yard he can. He doesn't play ST.

For a team that is supposedly going to run the ball more then any other team in the history of the game ( Rex's words) Then I just don't get the move, as so many have been already been injured in pre season.

And sorry I don't trust Bryce Brown not to fumble when he is in the game.

Not to mention when Shady gets injured or just can't find a hole. Just remember that Fred was so superb at finding a crease when Lynch / Spiller couldn't.

I don't think you can underestimate this point. Whaley's made some curious moves since he became GM and Jackson isn't a Whaley guy.

At the same time, I think Rex has final say and he's not a FJ guy either.

Still stinks. Bad

whaley gave fred the extension that had him in camp in the first place this year.

Man, you can really see who the front office :censored: are in this thread. The Bills cut the most beloved player in years, and here they are defending the move.

The guy was my favorite Buffalo Bill over the years. You can bet some team will pick him up and make the front office look stupid for releasing him.

Defending the move? How about just understand that the NFL is a business. That doesn't mean any of us who understand that think less of Fred Jackson. I love Fred as a player but this doesn't compare at all to when Thurman was released or when they cut Bruce Smith for cap relief.

We all liked the guy, BUT I actually like that the team understands the importance of letting the nice guy go in favor of a more damaging weapon.

It's a business and hard decisions have to be made. It's good to see they are able to make decisions independent of emotions.

I doubt this move made anyone feel good. However, keeping all the old favorites around won't get Buffalo to the Supoerbowl.

Exactly. Roman, Ryan, and both Pegulas would be pissed if they thought that had anything to do with it. I would bet anything this was something they all spoke about, load out the reasons and possible scenarios and decided this together.

Not knowing anything, I have to think that the injury he suffered played a part in this. His legs have been pretty banged up the past couple of years - that stuff takes its toll, especially with regard to speed. He's not going to get any faster, but he may well get slower.

Can you put your rational thoughts away and let me irrationally vent?!?

Jk, I actually don't like the move because I think that he brings more to the team than Brown or Dixon. His leadership, pass blocking, and running ability made him the perfect backup IMO (with Karlos in short yardage).

I also don't like the move because of the obvious reason. He is the ultimate teammate, a warrior and a guy that deserves to see this through. If it is a coin-flip situation (which it is IMO) you cut Brown or Boobie (in that order) before Fred.

Agreed! It pretty obvious he wasn't wanted by this coaching staff or the rumors would have have come out in the spring.

Exactly. Roman, Ryan, and both Pegulas would be pissed if they thought that had anything to do with it. I would bet anything this was something they all spoke about, load out the reasons and possible scenarios and decided this together.

Yes, I'm quite confident this was a decision made looking forward to the 53-man cutdown and considering the best interests of the team, with everyone at the table.

If he ends up on the Pats, how will people react? Will they root for him? (Side note: I doubt he ends up on the Pats even though he's had so many great games against them over the years.)

I'll root for him but not the team. I'll hope he puts up solid numbers and does a good job in a losing effort.

The sinking feeling in my stomach says so yes. He's a better RB than anyone on this roster not named McCoy. Boobie proved he can't handle the load and Please remember this post, hoping Karlos Willimas will let a lot of fans down. He was an average tweener at FSU who lost his job to a true freshman. He's not a RB, he's a athlete without a true position and also has had fumbling problems. He will bomb mark my words. There is no replacement on this team for Freddy, not in a backup role or a leadership role. Terrible move.

you are "hoping Karlos Williams will let a lot of fans down?" Mark your words? What kind of post is this?

I get the Fred Love. I share it. What I don't get is why fans feel the need to trash and ill-wish other Bills players in their hurt and sorrow over cutting Fred.

Cleveland needs a RB. But I'd look for a contender to pick him up. Belechek loves him. The Colts? Seahawks? Cowboys?

My guess is Cowboys or Pats.

cowboys would be close to his hometown, right?

id think hed want a shot at a winner, but hes never seen the astronomical pay day that some guys do, so money may play a bigger part than expected still.

He's has one fumble in the last two years (not a ton of touches, but still).

I think a lot of people here have not looked at Fred's fumbling stats for the past few years. 8 in the last two years.

Exactly, I think the fumble sticks out because it was such a stupid fumble and cost us the KC game. However, when your head coach says referring to Brown " I will remember his name when he learns how to hold onto the ball." I think even the coaches think he has a fumbling problem. Jackson put the rock on the ground quite a bit the past few years. I am okay with the move, sad to see Fredex go. He was truly one of the good guys in the NF. Class act.

I don't think you can underestimate this point. Whaley's made some curious moves since he became GM and Jackson isn't a Whaley guy.

At the same time, I think Rex has final say and he's not a FJ guy either.

Still stinks. Bad

I think the fairer point is that Whaley and Rex aren't "34-year-old RB with bad wheels" guys.

you are "hoping Karlos Williams will let a lot of fans down?" Mark your words? What kind of post is this?

its the kind of post that we would mark as incredibly embarrassing if we saw it on another teams board.

hate to see it here.