SI: Bills could have interest in Ray Rice(update-they don't)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous. If Whaley were to do this, or Ryan, .........please, no. And what the heck is all the negativity towards Freddie now? How much does a guy have to give and show every year before people stop with the "you're old and slow now so go home and, and thanks a lot, really, I mean it".........Is that what it is to be a Bills fan?

Ridiculous. If Whaley were to do this, or Ryan, .........please, no. And what the heck is all the negativity towards Freddie now? How much does a guy have to give and show every year before people stop with the "you're old and slow now so go home and, and thanks a lot, really, I mean it".........Is that what it is to be a Bills fan?

Hi Jim and welcome to the board. As far as Freddie is concerned, I and most others here are with you. I think Freddie is worth his weight in gold as the leader of the team, along with Kyle, and the heart he shows on the field game in and game out. Most of the negativity is coming from Buffaloed in Pa. .He's been on a crusade for a couple months to oust Freddie. Some advise "Don't feed the trolls". Most on here are great though. Once again welcome, try not to take things too serious and you'll be fine

Kim Pegula says NFW!

To me, this is the only problem. And the only reason why Rice wont be a Bill.

Imagine selling the Rice story to the fans with a female owner.

I think Rice has value, has something left, and has had no tread-wear recently so he should be fresh. He should be good for 10-15 carries a game for a couple years for someone. He's a nice downhill runner. Somebody will take a shot. But not us.

they better keep fred this year as a transition to what looks like a team full of thugs that rex is assembling, If he were to get rice, i would stop being a bills fan for a year at least, i already didnt want harvin, (thug) we got incognito (jerk), he wanted some other dbag, and we drafted williams. This and adding rice would be the last straw. And considering he wanted to cut fred on top of all this, My friendly neighborhood buffalo bills would instantly have become the evil "Venom" version of themselves.

Freds and Kyle are the only real core remnants of the team I watched for the last 10 years.

Singing Rice would have to be an ownership-level decision. And I can't see Kim pulling that trigger, no matter ho much Rex loves him...

Just like she did to the guys we drafted that have had incidents with women?

Rice has become nationally-known lightning rod. Like it or not, his media profile is much higher than mid-round draft choices that few in the 'general public' have heard of...

I don't want to come across as holy or any of that crap, because I think there are certain character blips you could overlook to take a chance on, like Darius' possession charge, but at the end of the day, I want a team of players that I wouldn't feel filthy rooting for.

Now, does that mean an extra 3 wins per year I'd be sacrificing by not wanting certain "bad guys" on our team, or can we find comparable players who can be decent people off the field?

Fred has been a great ambassador of Buffalo AND the Bills, so I have really liked our locker room makeup the last 4 years or so. But when we start switching out these guys for Rice, Harvin, I've not gotten a good personality vibe from Shady... It starts to feel gross to root for your team. They will always be your team, but up you just become a little less proud to admit that.

Like with the Yankees, they're my team, but lately it's been gross to root for them. Giambi, Clemens, A-Rod... They are not guys who I would want to root for, to varying degrees, and maybe even love to hate if they were on a different team. I don't want the Bills to become that way, too.

It's just sports.

You have any video of them slugging women?

If it's not on video, it didn't happen?

I'm all for adding talent, and I'm not one who thinks that everyone who's done a bad thing should be blackballed from one particular arbitrarily selected profession, but I hope we don't bring this guy in. Doing so means we cut FJ or we go into the season with 3 aging RBs with a lot of miles on them, and I think FJ brings a lot more value to the team. Rice doesn't appear to have that much tread on the tires.

Edited by Rob's House

Innocent until proven guilty, no?

I think I've hear the Patriots say that, too.

Yeah, and I have a full head of hair.

We are already going to be make some tough cuts in the backfield, no way Rice has a chance on this squad.

And also, !@#$ that guy.

Agreed. Rice's best option is to sign on mid-season somewhere after a team gets desperate due to injuries. Or just sign with Dallas. You know Jerry and the fans don't care.

Hi Jim and welcome to the board. As far as Freddie is concerned, I and most others here are with you. I think Freddie is worth his weight in gold as the leader of the team, along with Kyle, and the heart he shows on the field game in and game out. Most of the negativity is coming from Buffaloed in Pa. .He's been on a crusade for a couple months to oust Freddie. Some advise "Don't feed the trolls". Most on here are great though. Once again welcome, try not to take things too serious and you'll be fine

Jim, welcome as well I can also be objective and he looks to have slowed a little and will probably be a 3rd down back. I see him playing out his contract, and Whaley at the end of the year asking Fred to retire as a Bill, and possibly invite him to a RB coaching job. He has the work ethic and skills to teach the others to be better.

One of his best skills has always been the ability to make himself small and get that extra tough two yards even in the pack where Spiller could never do so. he has excellent balance and I can't remember the last time he fumbled. So Jim, I would hate to see him cut, and it would be a PR nightmare for Rex this season. If they really need more production out of him, see if he's willing to paly special teams. If his RB production is lowered to only 10 carries a game, he could manage working ST. I hope Fred announces at the home finale with the Jets, and they dedicate the game to him.

He's not going to play RB at 35 in 2016. Even Emmett Smith (I would have taken Thurmon over him anyday of the week - Emmett had a better line to run behind) dramatically slowed down after 35.

As far as Rice, he won't get a job unless someone is desperate in the middle of the season. i could see Dallas pulling the trigger if as usual McFadden goes down. Besides, Rice played in Buffalo a couple of years ago and he was going down hill at that point.

I could only see it if there is an injury. But, the NFLPA is whining that Rice has been unfairly blackballed. I don't know if it's unfair, but I agree he's being blackballed. He's past his prime though.

It's not being blackballed. You have 32 companies who don't want a woman beater who wasn't very good the last time he played.

It's hard to say what a new coaching staff thinks of existing players. They allegedly didn't love Jackson, have made comments about brown publicly and roman didn't fight to keep boobie in San Fran. They also allegedly chased Powell, and drafted a back.

It's possible they don't look at the group with the same views we do.

Maybe they should have drafted one higher then or FA?

I think it s been more of a "leave no stone unturned" more than they cant work with what they have including Willams now. Conner and Felton. lots of options there to noodle with as Coach i might wager>

and i will never be sure about the Jackson story honestly. Its such a homer story that it seems so Brandon ish

It's bad when Rodak is the voice of reason.

dont worry. wont happen.

I think we already have our reclaimation project on the team in the Cog

And dont forget Harvin?

New poster?

Your Point about Fred Jackson as a Buffalo Bill. From honest to goodness Bufalo Bill fan is your post is refreshing. Being a Fan is being a Fan of the team. the whole team. all the time.

I still B word and yell at the TV but i always root for the guys on the field.

That why i dont want no Ray Rice here.

I dont care if he is Adrian Peterson good. I would take Fred everyday. Even if i need to go down there and block for him. would not be pretty. but i would do it.

The only thing that hit the ground faster than his fiancee was his YPC.

He sucks. Let him park cars.

ouch

and awesome Weo

Or, it doesn't take intelligent football fans much to realize he is 34 years old and on the decline?

The team already wanted to let him loose, but Pegula went all Jerry Jones because of the fans undying love for a 34 year old RB, that probably wouldn't be a starter on any other NFL team. I love the guy. Went out of my way to get his autograph. But I am done wanting guys on the team because of what they do in the community, or what kind of leader they are. He's behind McCoy on the depth chart, and Brown/Williams both have a higher ceiling of what they could become.

Whaley gave up a draft pick for Brown, drafted Williams, traded for McCoy...cutting Jackson saves needed money.

I am fine with keeping him this year, and would love to see him win here, but not at the expense of cutting a younger, more promising RB. I'd rather have the potential of what Brown/Williams could become, than Jackson's 500 yards rushing this season.

But, I definitely do not take Ray Rice over Jackson, Brown, Williams or even Dixon, to be honest.

MGK quote

" I hope Fred announces at the home finale with the Jets, and they dedicate the game to him."

That would be so classy. Nice thought !

it's all about timing. Wouldn't making the announcement when they had him the keys to a new pick up truck as Superbowl MVP make better sense?

Well.
i have to return to the concept, its not my money.

I dont think they need any this year (6.5) nor is it 'needed" money right now.

Now that could change Bubbles, and the system needs to flex. Injuries or opportunity could prevail.

i dont see anyone playing better than Fred just yet. I did watch Boobie and Bryce last year btw

But i can assume McCoy is by far and wide the Man!!

But Dixon is more of a niche player ( as a RB ) and Brown has an uphill battle i think. Potential ? sure.

Williams is an unknown in the NFL. again we can wager on the potential ( i like him ! )

But why dispose of a known qty for potential. when you may not need to to , honestly?

Bryce Brown is a tease. He is the one with something to prove.

I agree with you 100% let the best player win the job.

it's all about timing. Wouldn't making the announcement when they had him the keys to a new pick up truck as Superbowl MVP make better sense?

well. i think it just might.

Lets go with that thought for now BPA :thumbsup:

MGK quote

" I hope Fred announces at the home finale with the Jets, and they dedicate the game to him."

That would be so classy. Nice thought !

Not happening . Fred was on the NFL network a couple weeks ago. Said he was playing 3 more yrs until he was 37. Should have seen L.T.s face.

Not happening . Fred was on the NFL network a couple weeks ago. Said he was playing 3 more yrs until he was 37. Should have seen L.T.s face.

I love Fred. But he's crazy.

Innocent until proven guilty, no?

When OJ was found not guilty 20 years ago (Gawd has it really been that long?) it's not like Hollywood rushed out to make another Naked Gun movie. In fact OJs career as an actor and sports broadcaster was was dead as his ex wife and her boyfriend.

NFL is in the same entertainment business. Rice is damaged commercial goods

He does that for your benefit lol Everyone know better. Including Fred Jackson. as an athlete you gotta carry confidence. thats yet another reason he is a

team Captain

Not on my elevator.

:w00t:

That team was pretty terrible, for the record.

oh gosh really? i had no idea of the record. Thanks for that fact. And that was not the point. I enjoy any games we win and even some we lose, I dont need playoffs nor superbowls to be a fan, but i do need a group of guys i like, which is why i dont watch a game of nba anymore since they are mostly primadonnas. But again, very insightful, I thought we were a top tier team until you mentioned we were terrible.

oh gosh really? i had no idea of the record. Thanks for that fact. And that was not the point. I enjoy any games we win and even some we lose, I dont need playoffs nor superbowls to be a fan, but i do need a group of guys i like, which is why i dont watch a game of nba anymore since they are mostly primadonnas. But again, very insightful, I thought we were a top tier team until you mentioned we were terrible.

"Thinking" you are a top tier team and actually being one after off season paper crowns are subjectively won. Are two very different things. Stay enlightened! Glad to hear the NFL has mostly no primadonnas

And the Pats** will be hailed as geniuses for signing him. The Bills would be derided.

Because the Pats have a reputation for making moves like this get them to the top. We don't.

they better keep fred this year as a transition to what looks like a team full of thugs that rex is assembling, If he were to get rice, i would stop being a bills fan for a year at least, i already didnt want harvin, (thug) we got incognito (jerk), he wanted some other dbag, and we drafted williams. This and adding rice would be the last straw. And considering he wanted to cut fred on top of all this, My friendly neighborhood buffalo bills would instantly have become the evil "Venom" version of themselves.

Freds and Kyle are the only real core remnants of the team I watched for the last 10 years.

A team of thugs? I probably missed this one, but how is Harvin a thug? I'll agree about Incognito - he always was an A-hole. So that's one player, where is the team full of thugs?

the guy can play. would be inexpensive. works for me. he is perfect for what Roman wants to do. then we can ditch all but mccoy, fred, felton and connor . the personal stuff is what it is, but pretty much ancient history..

WTF makes you think he can play. The last time he played, he was not very good.