More bad uniforms

Is it just me, or do they almost always announce new/alternate jerseys before a team has what they're almost sure are going to be a down/rebuilding year?

Well they sure as hell can't promote that new HC.

49ers could turn into a dumpster fire pretty quickly, and now they have the uniforms to match.

I like them. But traditionally, I wish the older franchises that have great uniforms would just run what they brung. Oak should never change, Chicago, GB, Dallas, Cleveland, Pitt, Chefs, Skins, should leave it, and all have basically. I would put SF in this category as well. They white pants and redder tops of the 90s were pretty cool on that SB team, though.

Off topic...building a stadium in San Jose was the most disturbing team move since the Browns left Cleveland. They basically relocated. San Jose is a city of 1 million people!, and it's an hours drive from San Fransciso in your dreams with no traffic. There's always traffic. I still cannot believe they did this. It's like the LA Chargers building a staduim in downtown San Diego and still calling the team, the Los Angeles Chargers. Pooey.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem isn't the uniforms; I like where they are going with those.

The problem is that they have retained the traditional cheesy gold helmet, which doesn't work at all with those uniforms.

Helmet needs to be black with primarily red accents and a small amount of gold.

I thought I would hate it, but it looks great without white.

Will look nice for their thursday night home game vs. seattle. im sure nike will have some crazy color picked out for seattle in that game--lime green or something. will look excellent in hd on a cold fall night, a few beers on the couch after a hard day at the office.

some of you guys would hate a bowl of ice cream.

The problem isn't the uniforms; I like where they are going with those.

The problem is that they have retained the traditional cheesy gold helmet, which doesn't work at all with those uniforms.

Helmet needs to be black with primarily red accents and a small amount of gold.

Yeah the helmet just doesn't look right. I think the shiny gold helmets would be sweet a la Baylor and Notre Dame.

"While the Bills as a team are pretty awful, fans can at least take solace in having one of the league's most underrated uniforms."

When was this written?

Last week.

I realize this is just an edit but it looks great ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431563380.967805.jpg

Blech. Looks like old Patriot** unis.

Is it just me, or do they almost always announce new/alternate jerseys before a team has what they're almost sure are going to be a down/rebuilding year?

Actually, it's worked both ways in my view. In 2008, the Lions went 0-16, and unveiled new unis the next year and improved (how could they not). The 97 Broncos won two straight super bowls after there uni transformation. However, teams like the Jays went from mediocre to just downright terrible after unveiling their XFL-ish unis they sport now.

Even our Bills have had glimmers of success after switching to the white helmets in 2011. (9-7 last year...if u wish to label that "success", choice is yours).

So I've seen both sides of the coin as far as success with new unis.

*Jags