The next time you watch the Bills in the Super Bowl...

I've been to a Super Bowl and I honestly believe I'd enjoy a Bills win more watching it will fellow Bills fans in Buffalo than at the game. I'd like to watch it with my dad, but unfortunately that won't be possible.

I see them needing to bring in reinforcement from another city, because the cops are gonna wanna party too. Maybe the National Guard?

Also, I don't think I'd drink during the game. At all. I want it to be a moment I'll fully remember forever.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

no big Super Bowl party for me...

I would want to watch the game with my wife and daughter and have my favorite foods ready to roll (wings, steak, poke)...

I donʻt want anyone to see my cry except them (happy or sad tears) :flirt:

I just wouldn't want to be there. The stadium would be 20% Bills fans, 20% NFC team, 40% Fans of other teams, and 20% people who aren't even football fans.

That was not at all the way it was for the other four. It's a little more corporate these days but I'm pretty sure Bills fans would find ways to gobble up a large portion of the tickets.

I have thought many times about this. I told my friends for years that I would be there no matter what but I have softened on that. If the Bills win I will be crying like a baby no doubt about it. I don't know if I want that to happen in public lol.

I will likely throw a big party locally. I will be at the parade no matter what if they win. The heartbreak if they lose though....

Great topic. I think I would want to be alone for it. Probably with TBD open to see responses from other Bills fans, or pertinent information on plays etc.

But, like most football I watch, I want to do it alone so I can engulf myself in every aspect of it. I think I would shell out money for a high def big screen if they made the Super Bowl.

Great topic. I think I would want to be alone for it. Probably with TBD open to see responses from other Bills fans, or pertinent information on plays etc.

But, like most football I watch, I want to do it alone so I can engulf myself in every aspect of it. I think I would shell out money for a high def big screen if they made the Super Bowl.

Would you celebrate with others after the game?

I have thought many times about this. I told my friends for years that I would be there no matter what but I have softened on that. If the Bills win I will be crying like a baby no doubt about it. I don't know if I want that to happen in public lol.

I will likely throw a big party locally. I will be at the parade no matter what if they win. The heartbreak if they lose though....

I'm beyond the heartbreak at this point. When I think about it, what's the worst that can happen? We go to the Superbowl and lose? Okay...been there; done that. We've lost in spectacular fashion, and we survived. We know how it feels, and we know for a fact we'll come back from it. We've done it four times already.

The only "what if?" that exists for me, is "what if we win?"

I want to watch it with my three boys. They've been wearing Bills gear since they were infants. The oldest (fourth grade) now looks forward to hitting the place we go for the Bills Backers of Lynchburg, Virginia gatherings (Stoney Badger Tavern). His two younger brothers are starting to catch on.

BTW, did any of you guys go to Home Depot to get the 2x6s to reinforce the bandwagon? It's already starting to sag under the additional weight.

I am from CT and have had season tix for going on 7 years. My friends ask me often if I would go to the Superbowl if the Bills got there and I won the lottery to get tix.. My answer is I have no interest in going to the Superbowl to watch the game with a bunch of rich corporate douches. I would take a long weekend trip up to Buffalo with some of my friends from down here and watch the game at bar in Buffalo with real fans. The celebration when we win will be epic and way more fun in Buffalo than at the game

If the Bills go to the Superbowl, I'm likely watching it at Lincoln Station here in Chicago. That place is 100% a Bills backer bar. Every regular season game there has a playoff atmosphere, so I can't imagine what the playoffs would be like, much less the big dance.

who do you want to be with you, and where will you be watching?

Personally, I'll do everything I can to be there in person with my son. I think I have a shot to be able to do that, but if I can't, I want to be home with my wife, kids and Mom. It will be quite the celebration when we win. How about you?

My friends and family, and I will be in a casket.

:bag:

I'm beyond the heartbreak at this point. When I think about it, what's the worst that can happen? We go to the Superbowl and lose? Okay...been there; done that. We've lost in spectacular fashion, and we survived. We know how it feels, and we know for a fact we'll come back from it. We've done it four times already.

The only "what if?" that exists for me, is "what if we win?"

I was young for the losses about 9 when the first one happened. Then with these last 15 years... Here is an example of my sports fandom:

Game 7 Lakers - Celtics. I'm a big Lakers fan (Magic Johnson was my childhood hero). Friends were getting together and invited me over. I couldn't do it. I watched the game in isolation by myself. When they won I joined my friends. If they had lost? I would have shut the tv off and stayed home alone lol. That is with a team I have rooted for just as long, watched win multiple championships, and in the grand scheme of fandom care less about that the Bills.

I will be an absolute wreck the entire time leading up to the game, during the game, and after the game. The only thing that will change win or lose is euphoria or crushing depression lol. Either way I will not be at work the Monday following. If they win like I said I will be at that parade!

That's a great point and it's exactly how I respond to anybody who talks sh*t to me about the Bills. I'm like, "Do you think there's any thing you could possibly say to hurt my feelings? Do you have any idea what we've been through as a fanbase?"

One point nail biter, complete blowout, we've seen it all and then some.

so, for you just another Sunday?

Exactly. I mean, why switch it up now?

Actually, I went to the last SB in Atlanta and had a great time despite the loss. Ended up being interviewed on CNN when we arrived back in Buffalo. Was involved in a class action lawsuit against Small World Travel because they didn't provide the tickets as part of the charter excursion. We ended up scalping them off some car dealers that got them as an incentive. Paid $1,000 for each ticket - all in $20s. I'd love to go again - but it will be pricey.

Edited by WotAGuy

Exactly. I mean, why switch it up now?

Actually, I went to the last SB in Atlanta and had a great time despite the loss. Ended up being interviewed on CNN when we arrived back in Buffalo. Was involved in a class action lawsuit against Small World Travel because they didn't provide the tickets as part of the charter excursion. We ended up scalping them off some car dealers that got them as an incentive. Paid $1,000 for each ticket - all in $20s. I'd love to go again - but it will be pricey.

hqdefault.jpg

While I might get caught up in some riot I actually might want to be at RWS as they show the game on the big screen. To be there celebrating (assuming we win) with thousands of other Bills fans would be awesome.

I imagine the riot scene from Bruce Almighty would take place when we win. Even though that was for the Sabres winning the Cup, you could place either team in that situation.

Would like to be back in Buffalo with family when it happens.

Edited by COBillsBacker

Man, I don't know. Most of my Bills-loving family are gone, except for my cousins. But I'm far away from them. The only thing I could imagine is taking my cousin to see it in person, which would be an incredible thing to experience if they win. But man, that would be pricey.

If not that, then I have no idea who I'd watch it with. It might have to be just by myself. Over the years, my tolerance for watching games has taken a nosedive, and I get nervous as hell, even during games that don't mean a damn thing and they're fighting for last place. I don't think anyone else would want to watch a game with me. I can't imagine the kind of meds I would need to be on now to watch a Bills Super Bowl.

I went to one of the SBs in the glory years -- the worst one, of course (52-17) -- and it was pretty depressing. It would be nice to make up for that.

Cmon Rubes, I watched a game with you and you are a lot tamer then me.....think both of us have prolly become worse on game days over the last decade.

I will be in Buffalo. Like Rubes, been to 2. , no desire to go on site anymore.

I would rather be in the city of Buffalo a million times over being at the game. I would have to see and feel all the sights and sounds that would go along with Buffalo being a champion. If I did not watch it at my house, I would rent out a private room for friends and family so everyone was together with solid viewing.

All I know is that as the confetti is streaming over the victorious Bills players, Mrs. Lew and I will

be packing the car and heading to Buffalo for the greatest victory parade ever.

i'm giving myself another 21 seasons, before having myself cryogenically frozen at the Cryonic Institute in Clinton Township. Michigan.

if we get to one before then, i'll watch it at home with family and friends.

otherwise, i'll leave instruction to be thawed out in time to make the 4 hour drive - will we still be using automobiles? - to Pegula, NY in time for kick-off - will we still have kick-offs?

i'll scalp a ticket for about 50,000 Pegollars and take the express lift to the upper deck of the 400,000 seat Fred Jackson Stadium, where i'll squint through my Kimmyscope at the simulated action below.

i'll cheer on the holograms of my beloved Bills - the actual game will be played in Bon Jovi Park in Toronto, which i won't be able to afford - until the final whistle blows.

then, the previously arranged arrival of two scantily clad red, white and blue haired vixens will serve me my BillsSleep potion, and i will be gently lifted and dropped into the Russ Brandon Memorial Fans Chute for tidy post-game disposal.

Good thread.

I would most likely rule out "going to the superbowl" unless I won a ticket. The potential risk of dropping thousands of dollars to see them lose is FAR greater than the potential reward of dropping thousands of dollars to celebrate with fewer, less-intimate fans in a city that isn't Buffalo.

I figure I'd be back in WNY, with a reunion of good Bills fan friends and family that I know are in the same boat as I am. While all Bills fans are great to celebrate with, I wouldn't want to NOT be around those that are closest to me: those that have the sat through the miserable games with me and those that have partied their asses off with me along the way.

Put me in a living room, with the valuables tucked away, and with the beers on ice. 8 friends at most. Only Bills diehards. No neutrals, no apologists. A basic beer/liquor/pizza/wing/dip spread that will not run out. Yep, that's where I'll watch the game.

Edited by West End Stench

hqdefault.jpg

I love that guy! They did a story on him a few years ago - he seems much more mellow now.

I wish I could post the CNN video; it was hilarious. Showed fat drunk guys jumping into a sidewalk hot tub, people screaming in bars ("they did the same damn thing last year!!"), and a guy literally crying in his beer. A masterpiece. I transferred it from VHS to DVD but haven't looked into how to convert it to a video format to upload onto YouTube.

who do you want to be with you, and where will you be watching?

Personally, I'll do everything I can to be there in person with my son. I think I have a shot to be able to do that, but if I can't, I want to be home with my wife, kids and Mom. It will be quite the celebration when we win. How about you?

In Buffalo. With friends and family. I'll add: 2017 (2016 season)