6th or 7th round pick for Kirk Cousins?

Bradford or RG3 is your man barring injuries. Cousins has been given every chance to succeed and has played very poorly, why would we want to get him??? Cutler is not a winner, even going back to his Vandy days and without great coaching he will be the same. Marrone and Hackett are doing to much on the job training themselves to make him successful any time soon. Cutler has great weapons and still manages to lose.

Edited by VADC Bills

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the contrary, Cousins has regressed significantly. He often locks onto receivers and makes very poor decisions that both lead to interceptions. He played so poorly as Washington's starter this year after RG3 was injured that he was benched in favor of Colt McCoy. This fascination for Cousins must be based on what he showed 2012 because he has really struggled in the last two seasons when he's been afforded opportunities to play extensively.

Fair point, but, Washington is a bit of a dumpster fire itself and I wonder what the locker room chemistry(or lack thereof) is. Cliche alert!!! Sometimes you just need a change of scenery. Cousins has the potential to be a win or two better than Orton. How the heck did we lose to KC? UGG

Fair point, but, Washington is a bit of a dumpster fire itself and I wonder what the locker room chemistry(or lack thereof) is. Cliche alert!!! Sometimes you just need a change of scenery. Cousins has the potential to be a win or two better than Orton. How the heck did we lose to KC? UGG

Two crucial fumbles by Brown and McKelvin which directly resulted in a 14 point swing were the primary reason for us losing. Orton missed a few throws but he was not the main reason.

Nope i think we already have our K. Cousins on the roster in EJ ...

Actually i would rather give EJ another shot before they close the book on him completely as a starter .

Let's see if he in fact has truly learned anything while watching Kyle ...

Edited by T master

MSU fan here, never understood the hype with Kirk in the NFL. Dude is a great human being and leader but he just made way to many boneheaded moves when it mattered in college and does the same thing in the NFL. He also doesn't have NFL arm-strength as far as I am concerned.

Connor Cook on the other hand... If he can figure out how to handle pressure up the middle better he's gonna be a stud.

MSU fan here, never understood the hype with Kirk in the NFL. Dude is a great human being and leader but he just made way to many boneheaded moves when it mattered in college and does the same thing in the NFL. He also doesn't have NFL arm-strength as far as I am concerned.

Totally agree. I never thought Cousins had a chance to be a good starting NFL QB even watching him play well sometimes. Most of his good throws he had all day and guys wide open. Once in awhile he threw a great pass with a great touch but very infrequently. And he crumbles under pressure, and has a rag arm. That is a recipe for long term disaster, not continued success. I would much rather have EJ than Cousins. However little chance you give EJ, he still has a chance. The verdict is already in on Cousins.

you guys all know that my point for this thread was to bring someone in and have them compete. I'm not talking about giving him a starting job right off the bat. the guy has had some pretty decent games with the exception of this season when he had a stinker against the Giants. Again, I'm talking about somone who can compete for a starting job and may be able to do something. I'm talking about a one year try out basically and see how it goes. We can always cuts ties with him next year since he is scheduled to be a free agent in 2016 anyway

Edited by Buffwagonscircled

More **** backup qbs to bring in as starters in buffalo. Get out of here with that. It's time to stop trying to get trash and trotting them out there as our starter. After all the crap we've had since basically Bledsoe, why do fans keep advocating for these guys????

More **** backup qbs to bring in as starters in buffalo. Get out of here with that. It's time to stop trying to get trash and trotting them out there as our starter. After all the crap we've had since basically Bledsoe, why do fans keep advocating for these guys????

Because there aren't many good ones out there. They are extremely rare and hard to find.

Who do you suggest we get?

Because there aren't many good ones out there. They are extremely rare and hard to find.

Who do you suggest we get?

I agree, not much out there. I would go after someone with significant starting experience that can bridge us until our next draft pick. I honestly think it has to be Jay Cutler or Sam Bradford (although i hate the injuries) to make us get to the next level ASAP with this defense. RG3 has shown flashes as well and is young and Nick Foles would be intriguing. Outside of those 4, I don't see an upgrade over the current situation

• 2 weeks later...

Since we already have a QB that needs development, he'd be hard pressed to get interest here. We need a veteran who has a winning record as a starter in the NFL to compete for the position here.

Sounds great. And where exactly do we get that and how much will it cost?

I think I'd rather try Kirk Cameron or possibly Kirk Douglas, even if he is 98 years old.

But he was good in "Tough Guys" with Burt Lancaster in the 80's. That aside, Cousins has not shown to be a starting QB. I know Washington is horrible overall, but he didn't look as good as Colt, and I don't believe he is a starting QB either.

Foles guys would be the right pick as he is unrestricted free agent. We could pay him more than Philly, but not stupid money, and the option to renegotiate if he takes us to the playoffs two years in a row. i bet we could get him for $8-10 mil per year and the opportunity to be the starter.

But he was good in "Tough Guys" with Burt Lancaster in the 80's. That aside, Cousins has not shown to be a starting QB. I know Washington is horrible overall, but he didn't look as good as Colt, and I don't believe he is a starting QB either.

Foles guys would be the right pick as he is unrestricted free agent. We could pay him more than Philly, but not stupid money, and the option to renegotiate if he takes us to the playoffs two years in a row. i bet we could get him for $8-10 mil per year and the opportunity to be the starter.

If Foles becomes available, yeah. I'd say let's go for it if the price is right

Yes, we need the third string QB from a 4 - 12 team. That is definitely the solution. Sometime I wonder if people actually watch football or just highlight shows. Even then, you would be hard pressed to find any highlights of Cousins since his brief rookie season run in short term relief of Griffin. When given a chance for extended starts since, he has been Jeff Tuel caliber awful.

• 1 month later...

What's the deal with Kirk Cousins? I know he fell out of favor with Psychotic Gruden....But I do believe, it was just a year ago he was talked about as a viable franchise option for many other teams. Seems he's fallen out of favor with media hacks as well. ESPN radio had a 5 min segment on Robert Griffen and the state of the Redskins QB position and not even a mention of ole Kirky boy.

I don't really catch many Skins games, so I don't know. I would imagine he could be had for a 5th? And would immediately upgrade Tuel and Probably EJ as well.

BIGBOY OUT.