Chris Hogan

SWATeam

I'm starting to think Hogan is really David Nelson 2.0. A little more speed, a little more toughness.

And thats not a bad thing .

Wasn't the greatest football player of all-time a lacrosse player? I think Hogan is in good company.

How old are you ? Did you go to school with Jim ?

Menstrual rags is just having a bad day. Of course he has a bad day for years.

Marrone does not draft kids - he is a coach. Front office drafts players although they may seek advice from coaches as they do with scouts.

IMO what we are seeing is his lacrosse skill being translated into football now that he has been in a system long enough to process it. We have seen basketball players translated into TE skills and not we are seeing a lacrosse player translated into WR skills. Freddie had (and still has on board) opponents because he did not come into league from a Div I powerhouse so had to fight harder to get half the recognition. I am not saying Chris Hogan has same upper skill level as Freddie but he will need the same drive to get half as far as highly touted Div I players.

Some of forget how much , or little? time Chris Hogan has played football. He is still learning and possibly has some headroom still.

Good points about how the NFL finds these guys into other sports whether it be basketball or whatever. Freddy has overcome all obstacles and Chris has some of that type of character too i suspect.

Go Bills

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. If Williams caught it, no one would notice. It would be just a catch. A catch any 3rd NFL receiver SHOULD make. Because hogan is not an NFL receiver it gets headlines. Still irritating that no one talks about his blatant drop against the pats or all his drops in preseason with his career on the line.

Thank you Romes!! For every one good play he makes, he makes two bad ones. I'd wish the coaching staff will stop the anti-Mike stuff, this guy has a lot to offer this team.

I can almost hear Bugs already Lol !

Great post 122

But he's hanging out with EJ on the sideline wtf ? still mystifies me . But at least they both seem fully immersed in the game. I like that .

can we start using the spread and 4wr/5wr sets please ?

MW and EJ seems to have developed a good relationship! I wonder if part of the reason MW is in bad with coach is because he spoke up on Manuel's benching? It's ironic that MW hasn't seen the field since EJ!

MW and EJ seems to have developed a good relationship! I wonder if part of the reason MW is in bad with coach is because he spoke up on Manuel's benching? It's ironic that MW hasn't seen the field since EJ!

Like i mentioned , they both looked into the game and cheering. Had some friends who were at the game and said as much. I only saw a shot or two from the TV . I never thought of that Skycap . seemed to me the Receivers had given up on EJ if anything , but thats just from the TV

I think its great what this guy is doing. He has great measurables and seems to be learning how to play the game. Considering he was not traded for or consumed a draft pick and is making contributions he is someone we should cheer about and not hate.

Some folks around here are only happy when the can B word about how bad the front office is!!

He was on field Sunday, he just did not catch a ball. He was blocking very well however.

Like i mentioned , they both looked into the game and cheering. Had some friends who were at the game and said as much. I only saw a shot or two from the TV . I never thought of that Skycap . seemed to me the

Receivers had given up on EJ if anything , but thats just from the TV

CJ seemed biggest supporter of EJ and most disappointed when he was demoted from comments in press and twitter.

thank you. But be careful, he's had about 120 in two games this year. People will argue that is pro bowl worthy.

Think people forget Hogan is still raw..we are seeing him make more and more plays, this kid has the potential to be another Wes Welker in a few years...athletically he is kind of a freak...

Edited by matter2003

Well it is obviously the coach's fault. Mike could never be the one who did anything wrong.

Obviously !

He was on field Sunday, he just did not catch a ball. He was blocking very well however.

CJ seemed biggest supporter of EJ and most disappointed when he was demoted from comments in press and twitter.

This might be the same lesson he was giving Robert W ?

I saw his number on the field but he was out of range of the camera. Thanks for the noticing I have no problem with him if he is working hard. Marrone has called him a proffesional at least twice. The back story makes with these two an interesting thing to watch .

I am botha Mike Williams and Chris Hogan fan as long as they play for the Bills

Think people forget Hogan is still raw..we are seeing him make more and more plays, this kid has the potential to be another Wes Welker in a few years...athletically he is kind of a freak...

Hogan is nothing like Welker as player. He's a pretty good athlete, but freakish? No!

Really? not doubting your sources, but mind sharing your reasoning/evidence?

Welker is much smaller in stature and he relies on excellent off the line quickness in combination with precise route running. Hogan is a big physical receiver with decent of the line quickness who's still developing as a route runner. Totally different types of players.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Really? not doubting your sources, but mind sharing your reasoning/evidence?

I'll field this one.

The answer is: 9,289. 134. 9.

AKA, the difference in catches, games played, and seasons. I think it is safe to say Hogan has a long way to go before even getting close to Welker

*Source

*Source

I'll field this one.

The answer is: 9,289. 134. 9.

AKA, the difference in catches, games played, and seasons. I think it is safe to say Hogan has a long way to go before even getting close to Welker

*Source

*Source

Yeah i get Welker has played for a long time successfully and Hogan is just getting started. The statement made was he may have potential. Im just curious after watching Hogan for the first time and having been impressed. I know its a lot to ask him to have a Welker type career. But, he seems to have a lot of potential.

Yeah i get Welker has played for a long time successfully and Hogan is just getting started. The statement made was he may have potential. Im just curious after watching Hogan for the first time and having been impressed. I know its a lot to ask him to have a Welker type career. But, he seems to have a lot of potential.

It's... frustrating. I am with you, I got you, bro.

When Welker was in San Diego he was a load of talent, a very quick, all over the place scat-WR. Like a scat back but a WR version. He went to Miami and looked very good. He played highly and did not resign with the Fins which was surprising, since they really gave him the chance to shine. He goes up to NE and is a major part of Brady's career and at the time I was screaming to everyone we need to sign this guy for whatever he wants.

When Welker was in San Diego he was a load of talent, a very quick, all over the place scat-WR. Like a scat back but a WR version. He went to Miami and looked very good. He played highly and did not resign with the Fins which was surprising, since they really gave him the chance to shine. He goes up to NE and is a major part of Brady's career and at the time I was screaming to everyone we need to sign this guy for whatever he wants.

The scumbag Patriots stole Welker, literally, from the Dolphins, similar to the way the Colts stole Wil Wolfford from us. They were going to sign him to a contract that gave him an extra few million dollars if he played more than three games in the state of Florida (or something to that affect). The Dolphins would have had to match the deal he would sign with New England, which obviously the Patriots would not have to pay but the Dolphins would. The Dolphins, instead of losing him outright to the blatant scumbag cheaters, decided to trade him for a low round draft pick instead.

OK, Welker's a stretch -- tough to compare any player to the best at his position. But let me throw a more realistic comparable out there: Austin Collie. Similar size, although Hogan is both a bit bigger and a bit faster. (Sorry, he's a white guy) Before concussions caught up with him Collie had some very nice seasons with Peyton Manning and even with Curtis Painter (I know, Orton is not Peyton, but Curtis Painter is no Kyle Ortons): 60, 58, 54 catches, 16 TDs, about 11 yards per catch from 2009-11. I think Collie is a realistic upside for Hogan if he stays healthy. And that would be a valuable thing.

If TJ Graham made that play, some of your bitter !@#$s would be fitting him for a gold jacket!

Don't do that thing you do and say all these things that you're just going to regret later. I know you're hurting inside and I feel bad too, but I'm just not that into you.

:worthy:

no it wasn't...ball out before knee hits ? Nope - now it's ball appears to be getting loose? Refs are changing what they are looking for or trying to find ways to make the call on the field verified ?

Always been the rule. If ball is getting loose before runner is down, it's a fumble. His was a clear fumble. Orton's was more questionable, but not enough to reverse the original call.

I see Hogan developing into a Jordy Nelson style WR. He also kind of reminds me of Eric Decker but isn't as big. Maybe a blend of Decker and Julian Edelman with a splash of Danny Amendola mixed in. Of course I could be wrong. He could end up being more like Brian Hartline.

I see Hogan developing into a Jordy Nelson style WR. He also kind of reminds me of Eric Decker but isn't as big. Maybe a blend of Decker and Julian Edelman with a splash of Danny Amendola mixed in. Of course I could be wrong. He could end up being more like Brian Hartline.

I see him as more of a Wayne Chrebet.

I don't think Hogan will ever be anything like Nelson who has the speed to get deep and he's also very good after the catch as he has excellent elusiveness.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Austin Collie/Brandon Stokely