Chris Hogan

SWATeam

As Orton continues to sling to Hogan and Chandler, it will open up more Sammy and Woods. It's a nice thing to have 4 notable receiving threats. I think a 150 yard Sammy game is on its way.

If Hackett and Marrone weren't stubborn fools, Watkins, Woods, Williams, Chandler, Goodwin (when healthy) and Hogan it will open up for all of them.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...apologize for what?

I am still not ready to anoint him as a starter or top 3 on this team, but I'd say he is battling Mike Williams at this point.

I'd like to see them both on the field. Hackett just can't figure out how to use all his weapons. Embarrassing. Perhaps Lane Kiffin can be OC next year. (other suggestions welcome, just came to mind after Alabama scored 58 points or so yesterday)

Meh. My animosity is squarely directed at Marrone for sitting a more talented receiver and not finding a way to use BOTH.

THIS. I think they are both clearly capable WR's. Hackett can't figure out what to do with anyone

I'd like to see them both on the field. Hackett just can't figure out how to use all his weapons. Embarrassing. Perhaps Lane Kiffin can be OC next year. (other suggestions welcome, just came to mind after Alabama scored 58 points or so yesterday)

I'm not impressed with Hackett, but ... what I think you'll see with Orton and the emergence of Sammy and Hogan (to go with Chandler and Woods) is a lot more quick throws/short Orton drops to make up for the obvious shortcomings of the line and to substitute for the lack of our top RBs. Orton did this pretty well with the Broncos in 2009. Brandon Marshall was very much a possession receiver then: 101 catches, 11.1 yards per catch. Jabar Gaffney and TEs Tony Scheffler and Daniel Graham also worked well on the short passing game along with Knowshon out of the backfield. It wasn't a great passing game, but that group of receivers isn't as diverse in their skillsets as what Orton has available now. Bottom line: I think the O line will suck all year, but Hackett and Orton will be able to adapt to make them appear a little less bad.

Good grief...

They do!

let me rephrase then : )

Woods is still getting the ball in very tough spots . I dont know where he is in Ortons progression . But i did not see him getting the ball as he is coming open or with the sideline as a defender . I did miss part of the first quarter oops !

Mike Williams was on the field. They have to take alook at him once in awhile .

Its been mentioned that O line might be the cause of this passing game. Its also been mentioned that Nate has limitations.

Thing is why have these other expensive or highly touted guys on the field or even NOT on the field not getting the ball more ?.

I am all about throw to the open guy but hey , why aren't they running Woods in those patterns that they run Hogan?

There must be a reason. Woods was in doghouse in preseason. Maybe it's run blocking or route running? Who knows.

There must be a reason. Woods was in doghouse in preseason. Maybe it's run blocking or route running? Who knows.

the real issue and question is why the hell Marrone drafts kids, and trades for kids and puts them in the dog house within the same season? Hell, he traded Stevie away because we had Woods and Mike Williams.

Animosity toward Hogan boggles my mind. A guy we got for nothing and had no expectations of is starting to make plays and people have a problem with that? I don't get it.

I think half you guys could win the lottery and find a way to complain about it.

their is no animosity twords Hogan. It's just some people are putting his one play on a pedestal. Some of us need more than that to anoint him anymore than a role player.

their is no animosity twords Hogan. It's just some people are putting his one play on a pedestal. Some of us need more than that to anoint him anymore than a role player.

thank you. But be careful, he's had about 120 in two games this year. People will argue that is pro bowl worthy.

Hogan has been impressing me the last couple weeks, I'll give you that. If he continues to play at this level, I'll understand why Williams has been demoted. Hogan is a good route runner, with dependable hands, and seems to churn out tough yards.

That being said... Williams is (supposed to be) good at catching errant passes, so I have no idea what's going on. In the end, I don't care who it is, as long as they make plays.

thank you. But be careful, he's had about 120 in two games this year. People will argue that is pro bowl worthy.

Who in the heck is arguing probowl or anything close? The only thing I'm seeing is that he's finally showing the reason why the coaches kept him on the roster, and he's contributing on a level of a decent 3rd WR who still needs to iron out a few kinks.

On a semi related note, did anyone see an explanation of why the refs spotted the ball at the 2, when he clearly came down inside the 1?

Are you sure? Does that mean that there will be no more lamenting about undrafted free agent receiver he beat out??? :thumbsup:

My issue with Hogan is that I have never seen him make a play that impacts the outcome of a game. That is why I advocated for Graham. He's not great but can impact a game. Yesterday Hogan made a huge play (even though he made a big mistake earlier). Hopefully he continues to contribute.

Who in the heck is arguing probowl or anything close? The only thing I'm seeing is that he's finally showing the reason why the coaches kept him on the roster, and he's contributing on a level of a decent 3rd WR who still needs to iron out a few kinks.

On a semi related note, did anyone see an explanation of why the refs spotted the ball at the 2, when he clearly came down inside the 1?

oh please. People are hoping onto his bandwagon faster than girls backstage at a Justin Bieber show.