Hamilton Ont.

zazie

I would support a Hamilton team, it is close enough, and yet also close enough to bring the Toronto crowd and Toronto corporate money in.

You can arrive in Hamilton (if no hassles at the bridge, where they are getting very intense these days, almost as if they are doing important work....) in less than an hour or so.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would support a Hamilton team, it is close enough, and yet also close enough to bring the Toronto crowd and Toronto corporate money in.

You can arrive in Hamilton (if no hassles at the bridge, where they are getting very intense these days, almost as if they are doing important work....) in less than an hour or so.

Good for you

Buffalo; New York's only team needs to stay in NewYork. Not move to another Country!

I said the same thing in the other thread. In fact, I'm getting a little sick of how most are trying to accommodate our brethren to the north. Our own TBD member Canadian Bills Fan even says "keep the stadium in the US" and I believe most Canadians feel the same way. Let's stop trying to figure out how the Canadians will be able to get to a Niagara Falls stadium, new bridges near NF, etc. and just build the stadium in Buffalo where it belongs. If you build it, they (the Canadians) will come. Edited by BringBackFergy

I could support a Toronto team... As long as it's not the bills.

Hamilton just spent money on a brand new CFL stadium for the Ti-Cats. Too bad it only holds 35K.

There is a 0% chance the city of Hamilton would even allow an NFL team there then. An NFL team would be the death of the CFL.

Stayin :thumbsup:

Not to sound nasty, but honestly, who cares if it's close enough to Toronto? The Bills fans that are there already travel to OP, so why satisfy them at the risk of alienating your local fan base and ST holders here?

I thought we were called the Buffalo Bills, not the Canadian BIlls. As for Toronto getting another team, that should wait til there was a significant expansion.

10 years from now if the NFL is serious about expansion into new markets, they can place a team in Mexico City, one in Toronto, two in LA, two in London, and either two in Germany.

That would give you two more divisions, and they would be global. That would bring a ton more revenue from Canada, Mexico, and Europe. There would be enough teams in Europe, they could play each other in division, and bring that revenue number from 9-10 billion up to probably 15-18.

There you go. Everyone's happy.

I would stop watching the NFL entirely if they moved outside WNY

Do people actually mean this when they say it?

I know I could never give up on watching the NFL but that's just me. I participate in fantasy football and always have Super Bowl parties.

I don't think Toronto/Hamilton are viable options. The league would risk losing its tax exempt status if they go international. The NFL league office is currently structured as a not-for-profit organization, exempt from taxation under Section 501c(6) of the Internal Revenue Code. Moving a team to Canada would almost certainly result in a congressional inquiry of the tax exempt status. Not worth the risk.

I don't think Toronto/Hamilton are viable options. The league would risk losing its tax exempt status if they go international. The NFL league office is currently structured as a not-for-profit organization, exempt from taxation under Section 501c(6) of the Internal Revenue Code. Moving a team to Canada would almost certainly result in a congressional inquiry of the tax exempt status. Not worth the risk.

Just to be clear, I think you are saying that congress might try to strip the NFL of its antitrust exemption as a deterrent to move the team.

Just because a team is in canada wouldn't, standing alone, necessarily cause the league to

lose its exemption, right? Otherwise, mlb wouldn't be exempt.

I know I could never give up on watching the NFL but that's just me. I participate in fantasy football and always have Super Bowl parties.

Yes.

How many local Bills season ticket holders would be willing to cross the border on game day? Consider that.

A lot depends on if they were still the Bills, but I would go. Let's say the team played in NF, ON? Is that still a deal killer?

A lot depends on if they were still the Bills, but I would go. Let's say the team played in NF, ON? Is that still a deal killer?

I would be on the fence with that but in the end would probably give up my tickets. Any other location in Canada and I would be done.

I would also be done with the NFL forever. There is no NFL without the Bills in my world. Bills > NFL....I'd be too heartbroken without them .

Really? So you aren't a football fan? You're a Bills fan only. Interesting. That's hard core.

He only mentioned the NFL. Didn't say football as a whole. In my opinion, the NFL game has changed far too much over the years. A change in the wrong direction. If the Bills left Buffalo, I'd have no interest in it. I enjoy watching high school and college football. I'd continue to watch/support the game at those levels. Just because one doesn't support the NFL doesn't mean they're not a football fan.

Edited by thanes16

Really? So you aren't a football fan? You're a Bills fan only. Interesting. That's hard core.

I'm kinda the same way. No Bills and the NFL becomes moot to me. Would probably just go UB for football. They can't move.

I would never support them or anyone who even entertains the idea. No canada. No batavia. No rochester. No Jamestown.

im willing to bet that a majority of bills fans are this way. I know I am. I love football but I have an emotional attachment to the bills. I wouldnt go out of my way to make sure my Sunday's were free and it wouldnt have my undivided attention. Sunday at 1 is bills football and only bills football(or whatever time or day it is on). Edited by kr632

I said the same thing in the other thread. In fact, I'm getting a little sick of how most are trying to accommodate our brethren to the north. Our own TBD member Canadian Bills Fan even says "keep the stadium in the US" and I believe most Canadians feel the same way. Let's stop trying to figure out how the Canadians will be able to get to a Niagara Falls stadium, new bridges near NF, etc. and just build the stadium in Buffalo where it belongs. If you build it, they (the Canadians) will come.

Since when? The ralph can't sell out in November and December so where is that Canadian support?