Why isn't anyone talking about Stevie?

Alphadawg7

I am not a guy who thinks we should just trade good players, but I am coming around to the thinking that we should seriously consider moving Stevie. The guy is hurt every week. How many games has he left now? The wind blows by him and he gets a spasm.

I like Stevie, and he runs good routes. However, Woods can already do what Stevie does and can be everything Stevie can be with better hands. Goodwin is too good not to get on the field more too and can stretch the field opposite Woods. We have youth at WR and talent there beyond just Stevie.

He frequently comes up small in big situations and is always leaving games hurt. Would rather trade him for a 3rd, and use our first few rounds of picks targeting OL, physical WR, and dynamic TE.

He is in no way the reason for our woes, but I just can't see having a #1 WR anymore who isn't physical, has inconsistent hands, disappears in big moments or flat our drops the passes, and can't stay on the field.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon was talking about how we have no tall WRs; time to activate Tommy Streeter

I'm a Cane and I fell over and spit water on my keyboard. Tommy Streeter isn't NFL ready. He spent two years doing nothing, then Al Golden revitalized his career to which he played very well to which Streeter rewarded the school and the coaches by leaving early, all to become a late round pick. I still don't think he's caught a ball in the NFL.

Ask the Ravens fans about Tommy's work ethic. Golden and his coaches were the only guys to turn on the switch, but otherwise he's another from that Miami Northwestern class that was supposed to dominate that ended up doing next to nothing.

I am not a guy who thinks we should just trade good players, but I am coming around to the thinking that we should seriously consider moving Stevie. The guy is hurt every week. How many games has he left now? The wind blows by him and he gets a spasm.

I like Stevie, and he runs good routes. However, Woods can already do what Stevie does and can be everything Stevie can be with better hands. Goodwin is too good not to get on the field more too and can stretch the field opposite Woods. We have youth at WR and talent there beyond just Stevie.

He frequently comes up small in big situations and is always leaving games hurt. Would rather trade him for a 3rd, and use our first few rounds of picks targeting OL, physical WR, and dynamic TE.

He is in no way the reason for our woes, but I just can't see having a #1 WR anymore who isn't physical, has inconsistent hands, disappears in big moments or flat our drops the passes, and can't stay on the field.

Why we have to have sily notions like this after every loss? You're right, Stevie is in no way the reason for our woes. So why continue to rag on him? You don't make a bad team better by dumping the only good players you have.

I'm a Cane and I fell over and spit water on my keyboard. Tommy Streeter isn't NFL ready. He spent two years doing nothing, then Al Golden revitalized his career to which he played very well to which Streeter rewarded the school and the coaches by leaving early, all to become a late round pick. I still don't think he's caught a ball in the NFL.

Ask the Ravens fans about Tommy's work ethic. Golden and his coaches were the only guys to turn on the switch, but otherwise he's another from that Miami Northwestern class that was supposed to dominate that ended up doing next to nothing.

only saw him once in college so have no real opinion of him but he's tall and on the PS so ...

Easley........No we love Smurfs,that can`t catch. But boy can they run.

I like our WRs for the most part I just think they were out of sink with EJ (of course its hard to jump 20 ft in the air) but we could use some taller ones

and can we PLEASE GET A FRIGGIN PASS CATCHING TE :wallbash:

hes a great 2, in a few years maybe hell work out for once in the off season and get some size and stop getting hurt. Hes had better hands lately nd isn't the problem. where was woods today? wheres the QB who can throw?

Woods didn't play today

It's the same groin injury that has popped up 2-3 times this season. He's trying to play through it, and reaggravated it a couple times.

But he wears his hat backwards and seems to be having a good time, so he's clearly a selfish me-first player. The Bills should cut him and sign more guys like Chris Hogan.

The guy is oft injured because he doesn't lift. Bottom line if you know anything about athletics you MUST hit the weight room. Stevie just does 'his own thing' each offseason which admittedly isn't hitting the weights. Also, who is going to trade for a #2 WR? I know Bills homers think different but reality is he is nothing more than a #2

The guy is oft injured because he doesn't lift. Bottom line if you know anything about athletics you MUST hit the weight room. Stevie just does 'his own thing' each offseason which admittedly isn't hitting the weights. Also, who is going to trade for a #2 WR? I know Bills homers think different but reality is he is nothing more than a #2

Maybe he will start jogging in the offseason ?

Last year it was all just brisk walks.

When I saw SJ walk off the field yesterday my first thought was Ricky Watters infamous, "For what? For what?" comment years ago. I don't know if the facts back it up but my perception is that Stevie will gut it out if the Bills are in the game but if they're not it's off to the locker room.

SJ isn't a number 1 receiver in the NFL. It's the Bills' fault for putting him in that position. A true #1 guy in the NFL is big, fast and physical. SJ is more of a Wes Welker kind of guy (although admittedly, not as tough) and most of his big plays this year were from the slot. Teams that truly thrive in the passing game are teams with big, physical receivers. The Lions are a great example. Not only do they have Megatron but they have TWO pass catching tight ends. Stafford can afford to throw the ball consistently, there is usually someone he can at least chuck it too and have them go up and attempt to make a play.

So no, SJ shouldn't be traded.

Stevie is a crap receiver. Drops the ball in big games. Costs his team yards (and probably a game or two) with his stupid celebrations. And he's hurt all the time. Only with this team would we accept such an undeservedly ego-centric player as our "best player" simply because he probably chose to stay with the Bills where he always has an excuse rather than try to go to a team where he would be exposed.

Too bad it's too late to trade him. Maybe in the off season he would be worth a 3rd or 4th rounder, and then use the freed-up money on another area of the team that need help.

When I saw SJ walk off the field yesterday my first thought was Ricky Watters infamous, "For what? For what?" comment years ago. I don't know if the facts back it up but my perception is that Stevie will gut it out if the Bills are in the game but if they're not it's off to the locker room.

Read the buffalo news story. He hurt his other groin and said that unless it improves, there's no way he can play next week. Just because he left the field late in a bad game doesn't mean he's dogging it. Correlation doesn't equal causation ...

SJ isn't a number 1 receiver in the NFL. It's the Bills' fault for putting him in that position. A true #1 guy in the NFL is big, fast and physical. SJ is more of a Wes Welker kind of guy (although admittedly, not as tough) and most of his big plays this year were from the slot. Teams that truly thrive in the passing game are teams with big, physical receivers. The Lions are a great example. Not only do they have Megatron but they have TWO pass catching tight ends. Stafford can afford to throw the ball consistently, there is usually someone he can at least chuck it too and have them go up and attempt to make a play.

So no, SJ shouldn't be traded.

:flirt::nana::wallbash::bag::beer::sick::death::w00t: Comparing SJ to Wes Welker......As the old saying goes...whatever your smoking, give me some of that shi.t

Stevie is the best receiver the Bills have. He stays. No question.

Did you see Stevie's postgame interview with Murphy? http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Stevie-Johnson-My-frustration-level-is-a-10/217dcd86-9164-4f88-b135-def73340db34

Looked to me like the veteran players are now defeated mentally. Coach's fault for that.

If your team doesn't want to win and doesn't want it badly, how the hell do you expect to win?

When EJ is in at Qb this team looks like a team just going through the motions of football without any spark or emotion. I think that lack of leadership at the helm and lack of a "win or die trying" attitude spreads to the rest of the team and diminishes everyone's performance.

Stevie is good. He is just sick of losing. Look at his interview and how he talked about needing to win as a team. This team doesn't play as a united team.

Edited by PolishDave

:flirt::nana::wallbash::bag::beer::sick::death::w00t: Comparing SJ to Wes Welker......As the old saying goes...whatever your smoking, give me some of that shi.t

It is the role he best fits. Let me guess, you're a guy on the internet who doesn't do well with reading comprehension. Great shtick, have never seen anyone play THAT role before.

Woods can already do what Stevie does? That I do not agree with. Stevie is a veteran WR that is known around the league as one of the most creative route runners and very challenging to cover. Woods does not have all the experience going up against the defenders Stevie has. This kind of experience does not come to a rookie in half a season. Just because the QB isn't finding Stevie doesn't mean he's not open.

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead

It is the role he best fits. Let me guess, you're a guy on the internet who doesn't do well with reading comprehension. Great shtick, have never seen anyone play THAT role before.

Nope, im a guy that has watched SJ13 drop passes, take stupid penalties, celebrate 1rst downs early in games, take to twitter and ask Jesus why he let him down, get injured every season, not train during the off season, make rap videos...basically do everything that has been done before in Chad Ocho Cinco or Terrell Owens. He is an attention seeker. He is a turd. He is a cancer on this team. and Finally, using SJ13 in the same sentence as Wes Welker is just plain ignorant! Have a great day Luka.

The Bills are so set at WR, T.J. Graham started. For a guy who is always hurt he hadn't missed a game in 3 seasons before the Bengals game. They're not helping a young QB by giving him guys like Graham to throw the ball to. Goodwin and Woods have shown potential. Still after Johnson the Bills have potential and an average TE to throw to.

He's a middle of the road #1 wr.

Exactly the reason why no one would trade anything of value for him. He gets open but drops the big ones, he does not have the speed to be a game changing WR (but probably OK for a slot receiver), seems to have chronic groin and hamstring issues and can't stay on the field (or shouldn't be on the field). What would you think if the Bills traded a decent draft pick to another team for a SJ13 clone?

Edited by CodeMonkey

The thing I remember from yesterday is how he almost cost us 15 by spike-spinning the ball right in the face of his defender after his last catch.

I understand he was frustrated, but at that point I actually wished the flag had been thrown. It was like the yapping and posing that Jerry Hughes did after he came free and sacked Big Ben with the score what, 23-3?

No he can't. He may develop into as good a WR as SJ, but he's not there yet. SJ's jukes off the line to get open are some of the very best in the NFL. See: the play where he was wide open in the end zone last week.