I'm concerned - FSU

BillsFan3434

FSUs freshman quarterback just went 25/27 for 356 yards and 4 TDs. I'm really hoping FSU doesn't make quarterbacks just look good vs actually being good. Those numbers make E.J. look like an average quarterback. Apparently he ran for a TD as well. Every TD they had in that game was scored in some way or another by him.

Here's to E.J. actually being good and not making a system make him look good :D

Oh Dear. As if we don't have enough to worry about with this team, we need to make things up? First off, Pitt is awful. Secondly, Winston is, by all accounts, the best athlete they have had at FSU since Deion. Thirdly, I read many tweets last night from football writers who said that the team itself is much improved from last year and that they have better OL, WRs and RBs than EJ had.

FSUs freshman quarterback just went 25/27 for 356 yards and 4 TDs. I'm really hoping FSU doesn't make quarterbacks just look good vs actually being good. Those numbers make E.J. look like an average quarterback. Apparently he ran for a TD as well. Every TD they had in that game was scored in some way or another by him.

Here's to E.J. actually being good and not making a system make him look good :D

Do you understand how college football works? Big time high profile teams open against, for lack of a better term, less talented opponents. For example, Ohio State vs UB or FSU vs Pitt.

Jameis Winston is a world class recruit with tons of talent at OL and WR playing Pitt. Winston will be great but that has nothing to do with EJ. EJ lit up the senior bowl which is a collection of future pros.

^^^ THIS^^^.. Winston is a stud prospect who picked apart a very weak Pitt team. EJ would have done same thing

It's simple really, I'll quote one of my all time favorite threads.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/155340-johnny-manziel-qb-texas-a-m/

With the 8th selection of the 2014 draft, the Buffalo Bills select Jameis Winston, QB FSU.

This of course, will involve contacting Winston ahead of time and having a contract already done before the NFL lawyers can stop it. It will involve paying him extra $$$$ beyond his already high value but everyone has a price. It will involve the organization keeping quiet before draft day. We already know from this board that they are pretty quiet with reporters so that is a good sign. I'm sure after the fact there will be punishment but as the Patriots, Lewis, Vick, the Saints and the Seattle loser prove, it will be weak. IMO we can either take the bull by the horns and select Winston now or stink out loud for two years and take him then. I say now.

F5.

OMG! :doh:

They won't be playing Pitt every weekend.

Exactly, and not to dismiss the kid's accomplishments, but I live in the Burgh, and follow the

Panthers very closely, and they seem to always have a real bad defense, you should have seen What it was like with Wanstache in charge.

Jameis Winston is a world class recruit with tons of talent at OL and WR playing Pitt. Winston will be great but that has nothing to do with EJ. EJ lit up the senior bowl which is a collection of future pros.

Apparently, he's an athletic prodigy...

http://espn.go.com/c...-seminoles-snap

Edited by hondo in seattle

I got a buddy who is a big FSU fan. I watched the first half of last nights game. He told me he is taking special interest in the Bills/EJ this year. His belief is that Jimbo Fisher does way too much as OC and HC. My buddy even said he watched EJ first two preseason appearences and was amazed at how good EJ looked.

As far as how Winston looked against Pitt come on it is Pitt. They have not been a good team since Fitzgerald was catching passes there.

Oh Dear. As if we don't have enough to worry about with this team, we need to make things up? First off, Pitt is awful. Secondly, Winston is, by all accounts, the best athlete they have had at FSU since Deion. Thirdly, I read many tweets last night from football writers who said that the team itself is much improved from last year and that they have better OL, WRs and RBs than EJ had.

Can you picture Eddie D of SF back in the day saying Notre Dame produces QBs who fail in the NFL so let's pass on this Montana kid. Or the Bills saying that Miami is not a serious football school (which it wasn't until Saban and Schnellenberger got there) so this Jim Kelly guy can't be properly evaluated.

Can we trade EJ back to FSU for this new rookie one game phenom please? My ego won't be able to take it if he turns out better than our Manuel. :ph34r:

This makes more sense - exactly what I was thinking - holy cow Winston is incredible. :worthy:

It doesn't reflect on EJ at all - it's just a bummer seeing the next guy in the pipe be so obscene!

Mind you - it was acknowledged by all 2013 was a down year for QB's - noone expects Manuel to be Andrew Luck or even Griffin. If he was the Bills wouldn't have gotten him at 8 much less at 16. If Winston keeps playing at the sort of high level he has been hyped to, he will be drafted at or near #1 and not an option hopefully!

The Jets might end up getting him with the 1st overall pick in 2 years... B-)

Edited by BobChalmers

Why is Everyone bashing him for starting a thread bout a topic that hasn't been started? Can't win for losing around here.

This thread reminds me of that South Park episode where the smug hybrid drivers go around smelling their own farts :w00t:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.