NFL Network Rebroadcast of Minnesota at Bills

richNjoisy

Did the game not sell out?

Have to wait for the rebroadcast?

CBF

No idea how many tickets remain. Tens of thousands likely. But I do know they are selling like hotcakes on StubHub. Grant you they are selling at half face value but folks are snapping them up. And why not? Home debut of EJ...who wouldn't want to see it?

PTR

2 days after the game was actually played is flat out disrespectful. They replay games that were live games once and some twice before they have the Bills game on Sunday.

I don't care about the delay in the broadcast, but it would appear that NFL will probably show the Vikings home feed, and thinking ahead for the rest of the preseason we'll probably get all away feeds. I'd much rather watch Bills' announcer homerisms, especially when they don't cut away from Bills' plays to interview some shlub on the sideline.

2 days after the game was actually played is flat out disrespectful. They replay games that were live games once and some twice before they have the Bills game on Sunday.

Just speculating, but perhaps that is because outside of Minneapolis and Buffalo, no one cares to watch that game, combined with the fact that Buffalo is one of the smallest TV markets and Minneapolis is not far ahead. Just a guess.

I don't care about the delay in the broadcast, but it would appear that NFL will probably show the Vikings home feed, and thinking ahead for the rest of the preseason we'll probably get all away feeds. I'd much rather watch Bills' announcer homerisms, especially when they don't cut away from Bills' plays to interview some shlub on the sideline.

Why is that? Good Lord, the Indy announcers were dreadful.

I believe they broadcast based on whoever is home. Hence the reason the Colts broadcast team was doing the game. Yes they were terrible and extremely biased in whatever way they could be.

At one point, they compared the Bills new offense to that of Kevin Wilson's at Indiana Univ. Ummmm, OK nice frame of reference. No NFL team wants to have any part of their game compared to IU football. Nor has that probaby ever occurred before yesterday.

I believe they broadcast based on whoever is home. Hence the reason the Colts broadcast team was doing the game. Yes they were terrible and extremely biased in whatever way they could be.

I guess that could be the case, because I was looking at it from a sellout standpoint. Minny game won't be sold out, so the live feed is the Vikings one. Maybe the reason for the NFL delay is to allow the local rebroadcast to air first and their reair that feed?

I recall that in prior years, NFL Net would split each half by home/visiting team.

At one point, they compared the Bills new offense to that of Kevin Wilson's at Indiana Univ. Ummmm, OK nice frame of reference. No NFL team wants to have any part of their game compared to IU football. Nor has that probaby ever occurred before yesterday.

That wasn't even the worst comment. They actually said the Colts punter was teams MVP last year...and they had Luck

Preseason crews are typically bad but these guys were just terrible

That wasn't even the worst comment. They actually said the Colts punter was teams MVP last year...and they had Luck

Preseason crews are typically bad but these guys were just terrible

I've never heard any announcer crew as in love witht their punter as those guys. Every time he trotted out, the hyperbole started.

I've never heard any announcer crew as in love witht their punter as those guys. Every time he trotted out, the hyperbole started.

I take it you missed the decade when Moorman was Bills' MVP?

Just speculating, but perhaps that is because outside of Minneapolis and Buffalo, no one cares to watch that game, combined with the fact that Buffalo is one of the smallest TV markets and Minneapolis is not far ahead. Just a guess.

You fell for it, MDFan. You must be new around here.

Oh, and Ralph is cheap.

Edited by maddenboy

Keep in mind the Vikings game is a "kids day" game whereby they sell tickets to kids for $15. Tasker said Kids day games are usually a sell-out, even in the pre-season. Frankly I'd be surprised but it'd be nice if it did.

A couple years ago they found him passed out in a creek near a nightclub. I'd give him MVP for that!

And that should not matter.

Since it is called the NFL Network, you should cover every team in the league and not play favorites.

And that should not matter.

Since it is called the NFL Network, you should cover every team in the league and not play favorites.

Exactly. The Bills' commentators also are very fair... They never use words like "our" or "we" when describing the Bills' plays/players.

But to your point, a game that was played at 8:00 on Friday night can easily be filled into your network sceduling anywhere between 12:00-6:00am (when they're not showing NFL Total Access) and if not at those times then anytime throughout Saturday... I don't know. Maybe I'm being sour. But maybe they're just wrong...

It's a close call as to who was worse, their on-air guys or the production crew.

No exaggeration they must have missed parts of a dozen plays. Didn't the Indy crew also miss the second half kickoff?

I think that was NFL Network looking at another game and then joining the Colts broadcast in progress.

Thanks BBB.

All I know was that "they" missed it.

The Colts broadcast really was awful though, so many times we couldn't see how the Bills lined up, and at times the announcers sounded like they don't watch the sport regularly. On Rolle's INT they thought the review was for possession rather than down by contact...seriously?

I'm going to DVR an NFLN replay, hopefully they show our guys and I can hear what Murph had to say.

FYI, folks, Minnesota at Bills to be shown on NFL Network this Sunday at 10 am

That's Sunday, August 18th, 10 am.

Go Bills!

Thanks Joisy.

It is being replayed on Sunday so *I* can watch it when I get off work. Some work nights you know?

Unless it is blacked out?

Yes but the game would normally be blacked Thursday then showed the next day, maybe my memory is off but it seems like this happens every year as I can't remember the last time a preseason game sold out, maybe its different this year.

The #Bills game against the #Vikings Friday is blacked out in #WNY #billscamp

Well that's just un-American :angry:

The Bills play their game when a bunch other teams play so on friday night NFL network usually does a broadcast where they jump around to other games. One game is supposed to be on FOX, so the other 3 are ones that NFL network will show footage of. You will probably be able to see some of the action happening.

NFL network will rebroadcast 16 games..if game takes 3 hrs to show, that is 48 hrs of broadcast time. them rebroadcasting a game about 36 hrs after the live game isnt all that much of a stretch.

NFL network showed the Colts game live...through indy feed

It will show the week 3 game against Washignton live as well (its the only game happening in that window).

It's a close call as to who was worse, their on-air guys or the production crew.

No exaggeration they must have missed parts of a dozen plays. Didn't the Indy crew also miss the second half kickoff?

My favorite part was on the first drive of the game when they introduced the starting lineups, they only introduced the Colts offense. No lie. I had to look up the Bills roster online and check the numbers to see who was playing for Buffalo. I think that after a few plays they may have introduced the Bills, but it wasn't until well into the Colt's opening drive.

Edited by vincec

Yes but the game would normally be blacked Thursday then showed the next day, maybe my memory is off but it seems like this happens every year as I can't remember the last time a preseason game sold out, maybe its different this year.

Well that's just un-American :angry:

I was thinking the game was on thursday and so thought it was airing friday :oops: