The 2013 Training Camp Thread

Heitz

I spoke with Pat Kirwin for 5 minutes or more after practice and he agreed with me... Manuel looked good today... It was great to chat with him! Tim Ryan was too busy chasing tail and talking with buddies to follow the practice, so anything he says tonight on NFL Radio are either from Pat's notes or complete bull ****...

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with Pat Kirwin for 5 minutes or more after practice and he agreed with me... Manuel looked good today... It was great to chat with him! Tim Ryan was too busy chasing tail and talking with buddies to follow the practice, so anything he says tonight on NFL Radio are either from Pat's notes or complete bull ****...

Sounds about right. Ryan is annoying as hell, but Kirwan makes the show worth listening to.

Didn't see this posted. Here's a camp report from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/b...practice-report

Some good observations from the morning practice. Sounds like EJ is separating, also, some scrums this morning.

I find this a bit strange, an AFC East blog post (James Walker) written by a Patriots* reporter (Mike Rodak) from ESPNBoston.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Very interesting that they're allowing EJ to watch Kolb get the $#@% pounded out of him with Pettine's exotic blitzes while he still gets nearly the same number of reps against a more basic defense. I see the mind of an evil genius at work here...

LOL.....that's what I was thinking!

I think "sucks" is way too strong. He is not a long term solution of course but seems more than capable of running things until Manuel is ready, then as a capable backup.

All the people that are hell bent on getting Manuel starting NOW puzzle me. I don't care if it takes the entire season, I don't want him in until Marrone knows he is ready. For example, EJ seems to get happy feet real easy so far. That is OK in camp but is a sure way to get himself hurt in live games.

Maybe "sucks" is too strong. Kolb isn't very good though. I think Fitz is actually better than him, but he's in the same category or tier as Fitz.

Again, I don't think anyone disagrees on this-- we all want EJ on the field as the starter asap, but not before he's "ready." The question I guess is how ready.

Maybe "sucks" is too strong. Kolb isn't very good though. I think Fitz is actually better than him, but he's in the same category or tier as Fitz.

Again, I don't think anyone disagrees on this-- we all want EJ on the field as the starter asap, but not before he's "ready." The question I guess is how ready.

I agree that Fitz is a better player than Kolb. Mostly because Fitz is fairly durable, and gets rid of the ball. Kolb can probably throw better, but it's the rest of his game that holds him back. Really wish we kept Fitz as our "mentor".

Why hasn't Maronne addressed the media about Kevin Elliott's status after having been carted off the field?

Most likely too soon for any "meaningful" commentary.

Hmmm:

@buffalobills

Marrone on LG competition: "We might look to throw someone else in the mix there. We're not seeing the separation we wanted." #BillsCamp

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yes it is. Hearing him being compared to Randy Moss on the Pat Kirwan broadcast yesterday makes ya wonder....

Are they comparing his ability to Moss or his attitude? Moss was a generational type talent. Is Da' Rick even going to make the roster?

Are they comparing his ability to Moss or his attitude? Moss was a generational type talent. Is Da' Rick even going to make the roster?

Definitely an over the top comparison. Rogers could very well be a standout NFL receiver, but Randy Moss was an extremely rare talent as you indicated.

Here's a quick Bills interview with Rogers conducted by Hannah Buehler: http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Under-Review-DaRick-Rogers/0afc2688-7e24-44ae-96df-81173f4bdb70

@MarkLud12

Manuel continues to impress. Gets rid of the ball quickly and shows good awareness. Kolb continues to struggle.

Hi all,

I will be heading to training camp some time this week or next. I am going with my 23 year old younger sister and my 12 year old son, Iam 43. I was hoping someone could tell me if there was ANYTHING else cool and fun to do in the area??

My son and I are coming up from Orlando and my sister lives in Holland NY.

Any fun tips or suggestions that we could ALL enjoy is greatly appreciatted!!!

Thanks in advance and GO BILLS!!!!

Marc

Hi all,

I will be heading to training camp some time this week or next. I am going with my 23 year old younger sister and my 12 year old son, Iam 43. I was hoping someone could tell me if there was ANYTHING else cool and fun to do in the area??

Marc

How about this? http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/

@billsdaily

Notes from today's practice including Mario update and Left guard battle update http://ow.ly/nv8vq

^This

Granted, I don't know much about THE Rick, but I'm assuming it's safe to say he's not another Randy Moss.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

A couple of quick notes from today... Manuel looked good. Big strong arm, quick decisions. I didn't like the pick but thought he looked good, evem took some repa with the 1's today. From what I could see I also thought Easley and TJ looked pretty good. The backup tightend is blazing fast.

On D Leodis and Gilmore both looked very good as did Alonso. Didn't notice anybody else really standing out.

I wasn't impressed with Kolb, not bad just not good. I thought he was terrible in AZ so opinion is a little tainted.

On a side note Dareus is not a fan favorite when it comes to signing autographs. I stood there with my three sons (under the age of 8) until the bitter end well after practice needed (there wasn't more than 15 people with us). The kids were yelling his name and he wouldn't so much as look over, just sat his lazy butt on the turf. Kudos to Ron Brooks who was with him and got up and signed the kids ball. And then even went so far as talking things over to lazy Dareus. I told my kids on the way home we don't want an autograph of a guy like that.. Just thought I would share that.

Holy crap!!!! It would be pretty spectacular if I could pull this off! Thanks for the great suggestion!!! Anybody else?

Here is an article from November about tickets almost bein sold out so good luck.

http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/news/sunday-grounds-tickets-sold-out-2013-pga-championship

Looks like a bunch of tickets are on Craigslist from $75-250 each.

Edited by inkman

Hi all,

Marc

Niagara Falls goes without saying - but I said it anyway.

Otherwise, it depends on what you're into. You might try this:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60974-Activities-Buffalo_New_York.html

Have fun!