The 2013 Training Camp Thread

Heitz

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, Romanowski was known to regularly take his own stool samples and have them evaluated at a laboratory in order to analyze his diet and supplements.

Among other things he wanted to know if he was eating well.

If I wanted to know if I was eating well, I would look at what was on my dinner plate before I looked at what was in my toilet.

E ball love ya man and very happy you have an iPad but turn the f@)$&ing signature off!

Wish I could. Switched over to Safari for now. Like the Tapatalk app but it doesn't have a disable sig setting.

A few insightful bits from tonight:

-Very fast paced, uptempo. Can tell its something they will be implementing.

-I've never seen the team do team stretches together, running in place, all that kind of stuff. Seemed like they were together as a team more. Good move by Marrone.

-EJ looked inconsistent most of the night. Good at times, bad at others. In the one on one WR/DB drills, EJ had the edge. But Kolb looked a little better in 7 on 7s and 11 on 11s. Personally, not too much better, but better none the less. With more reps I expect EJ to win the job outright.

-EJ has a cannon. The first pass play he threw on 1 on 1 drills was a deep ball for a TD. He had a few like that. Just really well thrown balls.

-The WRs are fasssssssst!!!! Even Easley got into the mix.

-Woods looks as advertised. Really like a younger, faster version of Stevie. At one point he juked one of the DBs so bad I thought I was watching Stevie. Was simply great. Missed a sure TD though early in 1 on 1s.

-Rogers caught a few balls. Looked alright. Made some sideline grabs mostly.

-Graham looked pretty good. Not much from Goodwin though.

-Mario was not practicing but was walking around with the DL units. He was at least getting to know the workouts and drills they were practicing. Seed pretty close to them all night.

-CJ hasn't lost a step. Phenomenal. If Marrone and Hackett can get him into the mix more than Gailey did, there's no reason he shouldn't be one of the top RBs in the league this year.

-Freddy got plenty of reps

-Gilmore looked REALLLLLY good!!! Was blanketing the WRs all night. Although Stevie had a real nice route on him early. Couldn't remember if he caught it though.

-Chandler looked as healthy as ever. What a monster.

-Hughes is Really fast!!!

-I noticed Lawson a bit tonight. Not sure if it was a good or bad thing though.

-McKelvin was iffy

-The practice ended about 30 mins early I think. Not sure what that was all about. And the players on the main stands side for autographs were mostly scrubs that will be lucky to be on the practice team in a few short weeks. My buddy for them to all sign his mini helmet, told me he's gonna wash them all off when he gets home. I agree. Don't waste a $30 mini helmet on the backup practice squad RB. Lol

-Marrone worked with the QBs and WRs on the small field for a while. Then the OL quite a lot. Then again with the QBs and the RBs on the small field again.

-EJ will be good. He just needs more practice and game experience. Throws a good ball but needs to work on his reads more and learn defenses. Expected by a rookie. During footwork drills, it looked like EJ was much quicker than Kolb, getting to the point of throwing motions much quicker. Hopefully that doesn't mean more mistakes.

That's about all i got for now. Hope you all enjoy.

Edited by mrags

Just got back from training camp and here's a few observations:

1. Not sure if it's because players are amped up for the first session or it is a true culture change -- but the pace really looked more up tempo out there. Even between drills, guys were running (ok maybe it was a jog for them) but they weren't meandering to the next drill like what appeared to be the norm in previous camps. Hope this holdsup throughout.

2. Marrone spent most of the night working with the offensive linemen -- in particular the interior line (Guards and Centers). Looked like Snow was getting the majority of backup center action.

3. EJ looked as good if not better than Kolb all night. Granted no pads and no real rush but he looked as poised and on target as Kolb. If that continues I don't see how the Bils don't name EJ as starter for week one (first pass of the night -- beautiful spiral for a depp touchdown down right sideline -- next pass was picked hahaha).

4. Starting OLINE: Glenn, Brown, Wood, Urbick, Pears

Goodwin looks faster than everyone (hope he can catch)

5. There was a Marcus Easely sighting - made a couple nice catches including a nice adjustment to a ball either thrown to the wrong shoulder by Kolb or a wrong route/mistiming by Easely (either way he made a nice catch)

6. Scottt Chandler looked really good. Can't believe he is back to full speed already

7. Offense looked decent -- can tell they want to run fast-paced. Few times there clearly would have been a sack or play blown up....

8. Can't wait for more -- really excited that football is back!

Thanks for the awesome report. After the INT, I hope EJ was not throwing a towel over his head, but rather go out and make another play....Too often I used to see Fitzpatrick sitting alone at the edge of the bench with a blank look after throwing a pick. Just so unbearable to watch.

A few insightful bits from tonight:

-Very fast paced, uptempo. Can tell its something they will be implementing.

-I've never seen the team do team stretches together, running in place, all that kind of stuff. Seemed like they were together as a team more. Good move by Marrone.

-EJ looked inconsistent most of the night. Good at times, bad at others. In the one on one WR/DB drills, EJ had the edge. But Kolb looked a little better in 7 on 7s and 11 on 11s. Personally, not too much better, but better none the less. With more reps I expect EJ to win the job outright.

-EJ has a cannon. The first pass play he threw on 1 on 1 drills was a deep ball for a TD. He had a few like that. Just really well thrown balls.

-The WRs are fasssssssst!!!! Even Easley got into the mix.

-Woods looks as advertised. Really like a younger, faster version of Stevie. At one point he juked one of the DBs so bad I thought I was watching Stevie. Was simply great. Missed a sure TD though early in 1 on 1s.

-Rogers caught a few balls. Looked alright. Made some sideline grabs mostly.

-Graham looked pretty good. Not much from Goodwin though.

-Mario was not practicing but was walking around with the DL units. He was at least getting to know the workouts and drills they were practicing. Seed pretty close to them all night.

-CJ hasn't lost a step. Phenomenal. If Marrone and Hackett can get him into the mix more than Gailey did, there's no reason he shouldn't be one of the top RBs in the league this year.

-Freddy got plenty of reps

-Gilmore looked REALLLLLY good!!! Was blanketing the WRs all night. Although Stevie had a real nice route on him early. Couldn't remember if he caught it though.

-Chandler looked as healthy as ever. What a monster.

-Hughes is Really fast!!!

-I noticed Lawson a bit tonight. Not sure if it was a good or bad thing though.

-McKelvin was iffy

-The practice ended about 30 mins early I think. Not sure what that was all about. And the players on the main stands side for autographs were mostly scrubs that will be lucky to be on the practice team in a few short weeks. My buddy for them to all sign his mini helmet, told me he's gonna wash them all off when he gets home. I agree. Don't waste a $30 mini helmet on the backup practice squad RB. Lol

-Marrone worked with the QBs and WRs on the small field for a while. Then the OL quite a lot. Then again with the QBs and the RBs on the small field again.

-EJ will be good. He just needs more practice and game experience. Throws a good ball but needs to work on his reads more and learn defenses. Expected by a rookie. During footwork drills, it looked like EJ was much quicker than Kolb, getting to the point of throwing motions much quicker. Hopefully that doesn't mean more mistakes.

That's about all i got for now. Hope you all enjoy.

Awesome...Much better than Chris Brown's report.

Thanks for the awesome report. After the INT, I hope EJ was not throwing a towel over his head, but rather go out and make another play....Too often I used to see Fitzpatrick sitting alone at the edge of the bench with a blank look after throwing a pick. Just so unbearable to watch.

You should have seen Fergy, he would hang his head for 1/2 a game. Good passer too, never understood his thinking.

BTW thanks everyone who writes these reports!

thanks. I do it for my fans.