The 2013 Training Camp Thread

Heitz

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far better talent at WR than TJ Graham at this camp. Even if he makes the final 53, there's a good chance he won't see the light of day. TJ has a permanent case of the dropsies. Whats the point of being a speedy WR if you drop everything that's thrown to you?

In my opinion EJ looked pretty good, with the occasional Fitz flashback of "who the heck was he throwing that too?"

Kolb I thought looked a bit more consistent overall in my opinion.

Tuel shouldn't get too comfortable in a Bills uniform from what I saw tonight.

Far better talent at WR than TJ Graham at this camp. Even if he makes the final 53, there's a good chance he won't see the light of day. TJ has a permanent case of the dropsies. Whats the point of being a speedy WR if you drop everything that's thrown to you?

TJ caught a td from EJ..so thats one he didn't drop..you cant teach speed.

Where do you get this from?

Just got back from training camp and here's a few observations:

1. Not sure if it's because players are amped up for the first session or it is a true culture change -- but the pace really looked more up tempo out there. Even between drills, guys were running (ok maybe it was a jog for them) but they weren't meandering to the next drill like what appeared to be the norm in previous camps. Hope this holdsup throughout.

2. Marrone spent most of the night working with the offensive linemen -- in particular the interior line (Guards and Centers). Looked like Snow was getting the majority of backup center action.

3. EJ looked as good if not better than Kolb all night. Granted no pads and no real rush but he looked as poised and on target as Kolb. If that continues I don't see how the Bils don't name EJ as starter for week one (first pass of the night -- beautiful spiral for a depp touchdown down right sideline -- next pass was picked hahaha).

4. Starting OLINE: Glenn, Brown, Wood, Urbick, Pears

Goodwin looks faster than everyone (hope he can catch)

5. There was a Marcus Easely sighting - made a couple nice catches including a nice adjustment to a ball either thrown to the wrong shoulder by Kolb or a wrong route/mistiming by Easely (either way he made a nice catch)

6. Scottt Chandler looked really good. Can't believe he is back to full speed already

7. Offense looked decent -- can tell they want to run fast-paced. Few times there clearly would have been a sack or play blown up....

8. Can't wait for more -- really excited that football is back!

Edited by NY Nole