UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not if you base it on last year with the Eagles, which may be unfair...

The glitzy lockerroom with high profile me guys is the epitome of the wrong place for him to get his head square. I'm not saying he will here, but it's better.

Three things to keep in mind:

1. Trent Edwards made Vince Young expendable.

Yes, that Trent Edwards.

2. Vince Young has all the talent in the world and 0.0% of it consists of work ethic.

3. Even the QB Renovation Realities of franchises decided to not to keep him around.

Is he better than Thigpen? Not sure. Threw four interceptions in a game last year against last year.

I don't think he's "that" guy anymore.

The guy no doubt has some skills. I also think that Chan would be able to maximize those skills.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

He has nothing left to lose, and with Thigpen as our backup, neither do we.

There is no--REPEAT, NO--harm in this.

No matter what, though, I like the fact it sends a message that the Bills are being aggressive about adding talent (we can debate that in Young's case) to the rest of the league and says they are in "win now" mode.

It's sure to get them some airtime with the national talking heads, if nothing else...

i think its a good move to bring him in. see where hes at mentally and if hes willing to be a backup. i actually thought the bills shoulda have gone after him when he first became available. i think chan could work well him his attributes.

If Chan approves, I approve. I don't think VY can run an offense to the point that more intelligent QB's can, but if the right plays are put in place, he is a serviceable back-up with this squad. Is he better than Thigpen? Darned if i know. The real question is does Chix think he's better than Thigpen? They're bringing him in for a look because, chances are, they do.

CHIX is sending the message that we are competitive now. Injury will not stop us and whether you are a veteran or UDFA, be prepared to work to show you want to be here. He may be the first of a few others to be given an audition.

Exactly! I'll take my chances with Thigpen as the backup rather than this idiot.

At least Young has had some success in the NFL. Thigpen 1-11 as a starter and that's including the Gailey magic would not even be in the NFL if it wasn't for Gailey. At 3+million a year Thigpen is one of the most overpaid duds in the league. Please don't give me that "he didn't have a full offseason last year crap". He sucks.

Curious. I thought Dennis Dixon, with his Doug Whaley connection, would be considered.

PTR

I do as well. The question to me is if they are bringing in 2-3 guys and work them out and interview them and see which one seems to be the best fit talent wise and character wise and knowledge wise and fit with Chan -- OR -- if they just targeted Young and their guy and if they like what they see they will sign him.

I'm inclined to think it is the former, and they will bring in 2-3 guys including Dixon, who I would prefer to Young. We'll have to see,

If you completely ignore locker room chemistry, then sure. The guy is a headcase and a petulant whiner.

Yeah, the problem would be if Chan coaches him up and he get's more confidence, he'd likely not be content to play clipboard carrier.

His head would have to be in the right place, and that may be the biggest hurdle here...

The guy has had his issues. Yet, keep in mind that he is not being brought in to start.

He single-handedly beat USC in the National Championship game. He was rookie of the year. He can run.

As I said earlier, he has skills that Chan certainly can maximize in our offense.

As far as the locker room is concerned, I think we have a darn good locker room (Buddy and Chan seem to intentionally go after high character, intelligent guys). I am sure that the locker room can handle Vince Young. I also think that our locker room and atmosphere would be good for Vince Young.

In the end, there is absolutely nothing to lose.

Edited by Peter

Look at the bright side folks. Let's look at the 2006 draft again...

The Bills drafted Whitner at 8 and McCargo at 26. Pretend that never happened and we actually drafted Mario Williams at #1 and Vince Young at #3. Poof, all the bad feelings are gone!

I thought it was Reggie Bush and Mario??

It was actually both, which was the reason that Mario was booed. Bush was the highly talented flashy choice. Young played at nearby Texas and was a Texan fan favorite coming off the National Championship win. Bush was seemingly the first choice of the fans but Young was a close second.