UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

Dear Buddy,

I have been a fan and a season ticket holder since 1987. My passion for this team has never wavered. I became a Buffalo Bills fan after years of growing up as a Giant fan. In 1987, I moved to Buffalo and needed to root for a team I thought I could more identify with. At that time Ronnie Harmon had dropped the pass that would have changed the Buffalo Bills franchise around and in spite of that I saw great things happening for the Bills so I made the commitment emotionally and financially. I am saying this with all honesty. If you sign Vince Young I will take my business else were. That is a promise.

Holy crap. You should call 1-800-273-8255 as soon as possible.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Buddy,

I have been a fan and a season ticket holder since 1987. My passion for this team has never wavered. I became a Buffalo Bills fan after years of growing up as a Giant fan. In 1987, I moved to Buffalo and needed to root for a team I thought I could more identify with. At that time Ronnie Harmon had dropped the pass that would have changed the Buffalo Bills franchise around and in spite of that I saw great things happening for the Bills so I made the commitment emotionally and financially. I am saying this with all honesty. If you sign Vince Young I will take my business else were. That is a promise.

Unreal

Even if you think Fitz is legit, QB is the weakest position on the team right now. Gailey needs more talent to work with there. If Young is ready to work hard and pay his dues, sign him up. Actually somewhat excited about this. No one is giving Young a starting job or even chance to compete for one, and he's still young enough to re-gain his old form. Can't see the Bills wasting their time with bringing him in and the attention that comes with it unless they were serious about signing him.

Hope you're right. The wildcat's novelty seems to be wearing off, IMO, so we'll just have to see if Chan can adjust to that...

I think the exact opposite is happening. The Wildcat means the defense has to account for every offensive player. With a non-running QB, it's almost like 10 on 11. With the Wildcat, it's 11 on 11.

He's an undeniable talent. We need to trust CHIX to meet with him and assess if he's ready to be serious about playing on a Football TEAM.

In the past it's always been about Vince. Has he matured? Can he lead? Can he accept blame for things that don't go right? I trust CHIX to assess this and more when they talk to him. If they sign him, I'll be thrilled - it'll mean they think he can do it!

Dear Buddy,

Commitment issues all the way around.

Dear Buddy,

If you can live through a Glove Wearing Mary from Los Gatos you can live through Vince Young.

Dear Buddy,

See ya! Seriously a back up qb signing would make you switch allegiance? What has vy done to deserve such vitriol? He isn't qb dog killer and has no police blotter. I don't understand one bit why you would hate this so much. Did he steal your girl or something? Damn man!

Bringing in Vince Young for a visit and a workout is perfectly consistent with what Buddy Nix said immediately following the draft - namely, that the Bills would be bringing on another FA QB..."and a good one".

This is yet another GREAT MOVE by Nix & Co., in what unquestionably has to be the best off-season maneuvering we've seen since the Polian days. It should be seen as great news for Bills fans everywhere - and is, I'm sure, except for a select few inside the insane aslyum that is The Stadium Wall...

TSW naysayers & trolls (ongoing; ad nauseum):

WTF is wrong with Nix??? We still need to shore-up the backup QB position - if Fitz gets hurt, we're absolutely screwed with Thigpen as our backup...

TSW naysayers & trolls (as recently as last week):

I've seen enough of Thigpen to know that I'd rather have Ryan Mallett as Fitz's backup (i.e., I'd rather Fitz's backup be a guy that's never taken a regular season snap than Thigpen)...

Brief interlude for OBD to announce they're bringing in Vince Young - former 2X Pro Bowl QB, Heisman runner-up, and former #3 overall pick - for a visit and a workout...that's all, so far...just a visit and a workout...

TSW naysayers and trolls (predictably):

That bum? Why? I'd rather have Thigpen as our backup than a former #3 overall pick, Heisman runner up, 2X Pro Bowl QB... :wacko:

Vince Young may just be the answer for all who think that, if Fitz goes down, we are DOOOOMED with Thigpen as our backup. And so what if Young's not??? The Bills have exactly one open spot remaining under the off-season limit of 90 players. What would the naysayers & trolls have Buddy do - leave the spot open, or bring in a guy and have some competition at the spot they proclaim the team is most vulnerable????

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Funny how everyone assumes backup.

Do you honestly beleive that Chan would put this guy as the face of the franchise? After signing Mario Williams, mark Anderson and having two very strong drafts in a row, he is going to trot of VY, who has refused to go back into a game after being booed, thrown his pads into the stands and disappeared and was on suicide watch before?

THANK YOU.

It's amazing the retarded excuses fans make as to why they don't want to see a player in a Bills uniform.

Vince Young has won games, something that Buffalo has failed to do consistently in the past decade. He's extraordinarily athletic. I saw him personally at the Ralph run circles around the Bills' defense.

He won't start. Why not let Chan work with him and see where it goes? Worst case, cut him after a year. If he proves to be a problem in the locker room, cut him midseason. Low risk, high reward signing.

I agree. What can it hurt. My only concern about the guy is he is emotional health. If he has that in check finally this might be a good thing! :thumbsup:

Dear Buddy,

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dear Buddy,

Damn straight, 1gap. You have to draw the line somewhere. My wife cheated on me for 12 years, much of the time in the spare bedroom down the hall, until one morning when she burned my toast and I threw that dirty b#$%& out on the street! A man can only take so much!

Edited by Jauronimo

Do you honestly beleive that Chan would put this guy as the face of the franchise? After signing Mario Williams, mark Anderson and having two very strong drafts in a row, he is going to trot of VY, who has refused to go back into a game after being booed, thrown his pads into the stands and disappeared and was on suicide watch before?

I think that Chan will do whatever it takes to win, as he should.

"Face of the franchise"? If you think Gailey or Nix worry about bull **** PR like that over wins and losses then I cannot help you.

If they sign VY, then what I expect is a competition at camp and for Gailey to make the call as to who gives the team a better chance to win ... period.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Dear Buddy,

C'mon, now. Just who do you think you're kidding?

GO BILLS!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

He has nothing left to lose, and with Thigpen as our backup, neither do we.

There is no--REPEAT, NO--harm in this.

I'm with you guys. He has talent. If he appears to buy in, then bring him in. If he comes in like the BMOC who deserves to start, maybe you reconsider signing him. I'm not sure why this guy evokes such a negative reaction. Maybe I have a short memory, I dunno.

One thing cannot be debated by rational people...he is better than Tyler Thigpen.