UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well everybody's least favorite radio host Mike Schopp is already beating the drum for them to not only sign Vince Young but to have him compete with Fitzpatrick for the starting job.

I think that pretty much everyone in the world knows that he is being brought in to back up Fitz. I think that the amount of any contract they may offer him and his agent will amply demonstrate that - especially in comparison to the amount of money the Bills are paying Fitz.

Well everybody's least favorite radio host Mike Schopp is already beating the drum for them to not only sign Vince Young but to have him compete with Fitzpatrick for the starting job.

And the flies buzz around the outhouse...

Everyback up on every team is competing for the starting job.

If the team things that Ryan Mallet gives the Pats the best chance to win, Brady will be heading to the bench.

There are no guaranteed jobs in the NFL.

Obviously Mallet isn't going to unseat Brady in 2012.

I don't think Fitz would have to worry as much as some people on this board think. VY couldn't unseat Fitz in 2012 but Tyler Thigpen is competing for the starting job.

Does his character fit in with our locker room? NO

reed83 4th Rounder, great post. But the problem with it is that it is far too logical and based in reality, and you used statistics to back your claims. For those reasons alone it will fall on deaf ears, because reality is just no fun.

Flutie vs Johnson for the fans and media - not worth it for Young

Yeah, in a Bills-obsessed market like Buffalo, the pot would certainly be stirred by the media whores (although now that WGR is the 'Home of the Bills' you'd think they may not want to piss off the hand that feeds them)....

VY is a backup. We need a better backup than Thigpen.

Would any of you be happier if they did....nothing....this off-season regarding the backup QB situation? How many years of doing nothing have we endured? Now, we are doing something that not only addresses a problem, it can actually end up being a good idea. Low risk, high reward. WTF is wrong with that?

Chixley has friggin addressed every single area on this team people have bitched about. Now people are bitching because they are doing what they wanted?

Come on, man.

The only consistent B word people have had, that hasn't been addressed, is replacing Fitz with.....? Exactly. ? is the answer to replacing Fitz, but we HAVE to go with ?, immediately. WTF?

Corp may end up on the PS, and there is your long term project that may end up succeeding Fitz. Young is an upgrade with 31 NFL wins.

At this point, given the "body of work" :lol: of the Bills FO this off-season, IF YOU ARE BITCHING, YOU ARE WRONG.

I thought VY was a good idea until I just thought of that. Egad.

Trent Edwards is a fit for the Eagles offense. Actually he is a very good fit for that O.

Young is much better in what Gailey, I THINK, is trying to do.

We'll see this preseason.

I have no issues with him being brought in and given a chance to start in preseason. Personally, I think everyone in preseason should be there trying to comepete for a starting job. I don't want anyone on my team content with being a backup/sitting on the bench. I want all my players wanting to play and start, no matter whos in front of them.

I love how at some positions, everyone gets so offended and defensive when someone is mentioned to be brought in. At QB, your not allowed to bring in someone who might compete for Fitzs job because Fitz is the starter. At WR, any WR thats brought in has to be a #2 because they don't want Stevie upset that he doesn't get to be the #1 WR. I bet if this was someone like Haynesworth coming in for a visit, half the posters here would make the board explode from the man love being thrown at Buddy and Nix for bringing him in........

Very surprised, but I like it. If he gets along with teammates and coaches, he's a big improvement over Thigpen, and could even push for the starting job if Fitz falters.

No harm in checking him out, imo. :)