UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

In Philly it could have been the situation of two prima donnas with Young and Vick. Vick wins out and Young is looking for a new team. IF Young understands he is a backup in Buffalo, why not give him a chance? Besides I am looking forward to seeing what David Lee could do with a wildcat offense with both Brad Smith and Vince Young.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For some reason I can picture a new hybrid wildcat cooked up by Chan where Fitz, VY AND Smith are in some really strange looking I formation... call it the three headed dragon formation...

Are you confusing him with Michael Vick? What the hell has Vince Young done to offend you?

Haha, seriously. I mean, he's had his share of issues, but never anything to offend me personally. Maybe the OP is a USC fan.

Bringing in Vince Young for a visit and a workout is perfectly consistent with what Buddy Nix said immediately following the draft - namely, that the Bills would be bringing on another FA QB..."and a good one".

This is yet another GREAT MOVE by Nix & Co., in what unquestionably has to be the best off-season maneuvering we've seen since the Polian days. It should be seen as great news for Bills fans everywhere - and is, I'm sure, except for a select few inside the insane aslyum that is The Stadium Wall...

TSW naysayers & trolls (ongoing; ad nauseum):

WTF is wrong with Nix??? We still need to shore-up the backup QB position - if Fitz gets hurt, we're absolutely screwed with Thigpen as our backup...

TSW naysayers & trolls (as recently as last week):

I've seen enough of Thigpen to know that I'd rather have Ryan Mallett as Fitz's backup (i.e., I'd rather Fitz's backup be a guy that's never taken a regular season snap than Thigpen)...

Brief interlude for OBD to announce they're bringing in Vince Young - former 2X Pro Bowl QB, Heisman runner-up, and former #3 overall pick - for a visit and a workout...that's all, so far...just a visit and a workout...

TSW naysayers and trolls (predictably):

That bum? Why? I'd rather have Thigpen as our backup than a former #3 overall pick, Heisman runner up, 2X Pro Bowl QB... :wacko:

Vince Young may just be the answer for all who think that, if Fitz goes down, we are DOOOOMED with Thigpen as our backup. And so what if Young's not??? The Bills have exactly one open spot remaining under the off-season limit of 90 players. What would the naysayers & trolls have Buddy do - leave the spot open, or bring in a guy and have some competition at the spot they proclaim the team is most vulnerable????

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Very well put Senator.

Are you confusing him with Michael Vick? What the hell has Vince Young done to offend you?

Exactly what I was thinking...

It is not like the Bills would be bringing Young in to build a team around him.

Edited by scribo

I do not what happend with the eagles last year. Prior to that this is a player who is loaded with talent. He is the classic if the light ever goes on player. No harm in bringing him in and let him battle Thigpen for number two .

I think that Chan will do whatever it takes to win, as he should.

"Face of the franchise"? If you think Gailey or Nix worry about bull **** PR like that over wins and losses then I cannot help you.

Its not about PR. Do you think the Bills PR department likes that Fitz could pass for a mall santa claus? I doubt it.

The face of the franchise is the guy your players are supposed to fallow into battle each week. If you cant trust your starting QB to show up to work and handle adversity, how can you expect anyone else to?

I want to win too. I am for it but if this is their solution at QB to be our starter, Im wary at best

I think the exact opposite is happening. The Wildcat means the defense has to account for every offensive player. With a non-running QB, it's almost like 10 on 11. With the Wildcat, it's 11 on 11.

To each their own.

To me, the wildcat's a gimmick who's use is on the decline.

Interesting tidbit: "The Bills, who signed the former Jets receiver Brad Smith, a college quarterback, specifically for direct-snap plays, used the tactic 21 times, the most in the N.F.L."

Dear Buddy,

I have been a fan and a season ticket holder since 1987. My passion for this team has never wavered. I became a Buffalo Bills fan after years of growing up as a Giant fan. In 1987, I moved to Buffalo and needed to root for a team I thought I could more identify with. At that time Ronnie Harmon had dropped the pass that would have changed the Buffalo Bills franchise around and in spite of that I saw great things happening for the Bills so I made the commitment emotionally and financially. I am saying this with all honesty. If you sign Vince Young I will take my business else were. That is a promise.

why ?

He's an undeniable talent. We need to trust CHIX to meet with him and assess if he's ready to be serious about playing on a Football TEAM.

In the past it's always been about Vince. Has he matured? Can he lead? Can he accept blame for things that don't go right? I trust CHIX to assess this and more when they talk to him. If they sign him, I'll be thrilled - it'll mean they think he can do it!

Agree with this . Let them talk and watch and decide if they can awake this players talent. No risk to bring him in. It would be of more concern if they were not looking at all options. Cost little to look and talk....

Do you honestly beleive that Chan would put this guy as the face of the franchise? After signing Mario Williams, mark Anderson and having two very strong drafts in a row, he is going to trot of VY, who has refused to go back into a game after being booed, thrown his pads into the stands and disappeared and was on suicide watch before?

He pulls any of that shite and Buddy will put him on the Ream Team. :ph34r:

Dear Buddy,

I have been a fan and a season ticket holder since 1987. My passion for this team has never wavered. I became a Buffalo Bills fan after years of growing up as a Giant fan. In 1987, I moved to Buffalo and needed to root for a team I thought I could more identify with. At that time Ronnie Harmon had dropped the pass that would have changed the Buffalo Bills franchise around and in spite of that I saw great things happening for the Bills so I made the commitment emotionally and financially. I am saying this with all honesty. If you sign Vince Young I will take my business else were. That is a promise.

Thank you. After the off season this team is in the process of completing, I looking for a reason to be so done with this team. :doh:

Young in that same interview said the reason he believes he’s still starting caliber for the NFL is because Andy Reid told him he didn’t want to re-sign him for the Eagles because he considers him a starter and that he should be playing somewhere in the league instead of backing up Michael Vick.

This is worrying. it says something about mental state and capacity. Reid was clearly letting the guy down gently and taking the easy way out of cutting the dude.

I'm not against the Bills bringing him in, but is HAS to be as a backup so as to avoid the inevitable clamor for him to be the starter when Fitz has a bad game or when the national media decide to anoint him.

This is an opportunity for the Bills to permanently redefine VY's role in the league and only if they can do that should he be brought on board.