UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

31-19 as a starter, brought in to be a backup, I don't hate this.

THANK YOU.

It's amazing the retarded excuses fans make as to why they don't want to see a player in a Bills uniform.

Vince Young has won games, something that Buffalo has failed to do consistently in the past decade. He's extraordinarily athletic. I saw him personally at the Ralph run circles around the Bills' defense.

He won't start. Why not let Chan work with him and see where it goes? Worst case, cut him after a year. If he proves to be a problem in the locker room, cut him midseason. Low risk, high reward signing.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This would be great, especially if it somehow causes us to cut Brad Smith.

Why would you want to cut Brad Smith?

Guy can play reciver, returner, coverage units and QB in a pinch. The wildcat is underrated too. Early in the year that was our short yardage package and it worked more often than not.

Look at the bright side folks. Let's look at the 2006 draft again...

The Bills drafted Whitner at 8 and McCargo at 26. Pretend that never happened and we actually drafted Mario Williams at #1 and Vince Young at #3. Poof, all the bad feelings are gone!

Serendipity... :lol:

Looks like he's already in town.

You know what that means.

Tempo tonight!

It means lock up your daughters ... and your prescription drugs .... and your car keys .... and your guns ....

I don't think that bringing in Vince Young means we have to cut Brad Smith. By the way, Stephon Gilmore also was a QB in high school.

Guy can play reciver, returner, coverage units and QB in a pinch. The wildcat is underrated too. Early in the year that was our short yardage package and it worked more often than not.

Delta Sonic?

By the way, the next time I am in Buffalo, I really have to check out Tempo.

If we like him? Tempo.

If we don't like him? Gas station food.

Edited by Peter

If you completely ignore locker room chemistry, then sure. The guy is a headcase and a petulant whiner.

First off, every team can benefit from having a bee in its bonnet. Remember what a utopian lovefest the clubhouse was during the Super Bowl? Let's not pretend like these guys are all best buddies, or even have to be for that matter.

Secondly, I don't believe--for one second--that this administration wouldn't do their due diligence for any personnel. If he's a problem, or even smells like a problem he a.) won't be offered the job (which, for all we know he hasn't been, yet) or b.) he'll be fired immediately for disrupting the herd.

I don't think that bringing in Vince Young means we have to cut Brad Smith. By the way, Stephon Gilmore also was a QB in high school.

So was Stevie Johnson. In fact, there was a play with a few seconds left with Stevie's team down one score and on their own 10-20 yard line and the coach called a QB draw because it gave him the best chance to win. Stevie ran 80-90 yards for a TD. ;)

I don't think you cut Brad Smith, nor do you make Young run the Wildcat. He would just be the back-up QB. I actually think Smith is going to be one of the surprise fan favorites this year.

It was actually both, which was the reason that Mario was booed. Bush was the highly talented flashy choice. Young played at nearby Texas and was a Texan fan favorite coming off the National Championship win. Bush was seemingly the first choice of the fans but Young was a close second.

Thanks. You DA MAN!!

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the story about Stevie in HS. 80 yard QB draw. Very cool.

So was Stevie Johnson. In fact, there was a play with a few seconds left with Stevie's team down one score and on their own 10-20 yard line and the coach called a QB draw because it gave him the best chance to win. Stevie ran 80-90 yards for a TD. ;)

I don't think you cut Brad Smith, nor do you make Young run the Wildcat. He would just be the back-up QB. I actually think Smith is going to be one of the surprise fan favorites this year.

I think that you are correct. I also think that the owner wanted him as well.

Might be right but I though the Texas fans were putting massive pressure on the team to pick home town Vince

And Brad's wife helped to recruit Mrs. Mario Williams. Brad is the man.

I actually think Smith is going to be one of the surprise fan favorites this year.

You have a lot more faith than I do, Dog.

He's athletic as hell, but I want to see more 'feel for the game' than I saw last year...