UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

Yeah this is ridiculous. If they want a back up QB for wildcat and throwing, grab Dixon. He doesnt have the potential to jack up the locker room. This sounds like the bills helping out Youngs agent to get him to sign somewhere. The agent calls says hey will you work out my guy, the bills say sure bring him in. Agent says yeah that will get the ball rolling in FA. I dont think the bills will be serious unless the whole fitzmoney is our guy is a smoke screen and they want young as a just in case.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot about this until DC Tom brought up Darryl Talley getting run over by a charging buffalo twice in the Seau thread.

This should be enough for even the most dies hard Vince "Git-r-done" poster to say don't sign him. Unless of course you don't like Talley :devil:

My link

"Add former NFL linebacker Darryl Talley to the list of people who think Vince Young has some growing up to do.

Talley, who played 14 years in the NFL and was a two-time Pro Bowler with the Bills, went on Twitter Saturday night to say that he had just learned first-hand that Young lacks a healthy respect for the history of the game.

“Just ran into Vince Young. Had no idea who I am. Not ok,” Talley tweeted. “Hey young fellas. Know ur football history. It’s called respect. Also will make u a better ball player.”

Some of Talley’s Twitter followers then pushed back against Talley and said that Young was just a kid when Talley was playing and shouldn’t be expected to know who he is. Talley wasn’t buying it.

“Y’all aren’t getting my point,” Talley tweeted. “Be respectful of those who came before you & demanded changes so u could colect the check ur getting.”

At that point, Young himself tweeted to Talley, saying, “knew exactly who u were my grandmother love u.”

But Talley was apparently offended that Young would suggest he was the age of Young’s grandmother, replying, “@VinceYoung10 proving my point son.”

And, of course, as our friend Larry Brown pointed out, if Young did know who Talley was, and acted in a way that made Talley think Young didn’t know who he was, that’s even worse."

Talley sounds real butthurt. It's not like the guy was Lawrence Taylor or some other uber well-known player. He's Darryl !@#$in Talley. Cry me a river then build a bridge and get over it

1335994487[/url]' post='2456558']

Well, Williams made 2 bad plays, at very bad times. I didn't take the time to look it up but I believe smith completed zero passes in the first half and made one 3rd down conversion the entire game. I put the loss on Smith. If he had played even mediocre the Giants would not be super bowl champs.

He had 2 turnovers that led to the giants final 10 points. Smith was 12-26 196 2 td 0 picks (97.6 rating) and 6 rushes for 42 yards. The 49ers were 1-13 on third down. Largely due too the play of smith. He didn't get the job done. You can attribute a lot of that to the giants defense, which got the best of Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan and Tom Brady in the playoffs. The niners scored 17....the patriots and tom Brady scored 17. The giants defense was awesome. The niners defense was awesome. The difference was the 2 turnovers.

A dude who is somewhat of an insider on the bills message board said that the workout part of it went extremely well, Young looked in good shape, was humble and got along with all of the Bills players who were in attendance, but he hadn't heard a report on how the interview part of it went yet. He did say the presumption from his source at OBD was that if Young's contract demands were not high, he would be signed to a two-year deal for not a lot of money, with incentives.

I don't know the poster but read a bunch of his earlier stuff and there isn't a lot of reason to believe he is bullschitting. He seems to know what he is talking about and have a good source inside ODB. Still, it is all hearsay to me at this point.

His intangibles rely on the fact that he can't read a defense to save his life and has to run to make a play. There is a reason why he got an original score of 6 on his wonderlic; he doesn't have the mental abilities to be able to read defenses and make decisions based on it. The guy is a locker room cancer and me first kind of guy. There is lots of evidence out there to prove that. Others in the thread, my self included have also pointed out that WL record for a QB is meaningless, the fact that he was 31-19 as a starter is nice. It is funny that after he lost his job in Ten, that Kerry Collins looked like the second coming of John Elway. If you look at his stats, he will never be a starting QB in the league that is worth a damn, he doesn't have the mental ability to go with his physical tools, and he is athletically gifted.

Well, so long as he hasn't been offered a job, I'm not concerned about any of that.

One thing is for certain: you, me, and everyone else on this board knows LESS about Vince Young than the guys who may or may not offer him a paycheck.

I don't necessarily think they should, I don't necessarily think they shouldn't. As of RIGHT NOW, he's only worked out with the team. IF he were to be signed, I trust that the FO will have addressed all the concerns you've raised above.

If he isn't offered a deal, then oh well, no loss--for anyone. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, though. And insofar the worst possible scenario (one of our players breaks his leg and suffers cardiac arrest while running dummy routes) hasn't occurred.

SO WHO CARES!?

If he signs, he signs. If he doesn't, he doesn't. I've now stated multiple times int his thread that I trust the current FO enough to give them the benefit of the doubt if he were to sign. Otherwise, we all just pack up and move on with our lives.

His intangibles rely on the fact that he can't read a defense to save his life and has to run to make a play. There is a reason why he got an original score of 6 on his wonderlic; he doesn't have the mental abilities to be able to read defenses and make decisions based on it. The guy is a locker room cancer and me first kind of guy. There is lots of evidence out there to prove that. Others in the thread, my self included have also pointed out that WL record for a QB is meaningless, the fact that he was 31-19 as a starter is nice. It is funny that after he lost his job in Ten, that Kerry Collins looked like the second coming of John Elway. If you look at his stats, he will never be a starting QB in the league that is worth a damn, he doesn't have the mental ability to go with his physical tools, and he is athletically gifted.

People say that they want a guy who wants to start, hell I want that too. I do also believe that a backup QB needs to realize that is his role and honestly I don't see where he has given any indication that he can. A few pages back I posted an interview excerpt from the Eagles GM, they wanted to sign him to a 2 year contract, he only would agree to one year because he wanted to start again; which is fine. Young has since given an interview, in mid-April I believe, saying he wanted to stay, but Reid told him he should be a starter and not a backup; therefore he won't be back.

I do believe that people do deserve second chances in life, but I have yet to see otherwise with him. If it weren't for the 'Dream Team' comment that last all season long with the Eagles, I would be inclined to say maybe he has. Yes he has to tools to be a capable backup for a team, but that obviously isn't his mentality based on what he said as of a couple weeks ago.

Also I don't want another QB controversy where the media (and even some posters on here), which they will if Fitz has a bad game, start rooting for Young to overtake Fitz. You can't say that won't happen because everyone here knows it will. Yes you hope that our locker room is string enough to whether it, but it only takes 1 person to sour a positive atmosphere. You also hope that Chan or Nix won't stand for it if it does happen, but once the damage is done, it is hard to put that worm back in the can. If we had a true elite QB, I wouldn't be nearly as concerned as I am. After going through the Johnson Flutie debacle; the last thing this team needs is another QB controversy, which will almost certainly happen.

I am not a Fitz lover, I would love to get a true franchise QB - I don't believe another re-tread or reclamation project will get it done. I hope I am wrong with this thought, but there are also some coaches who love to be able to take a pile of crap and sculpt it into a beautiful sculpture and say - "hey, you couldn't do anything with it; but look what I made!" I hope that Chan isn't like this. Again my worries on this are based on him trying to salvage Trent, who we all knew was done and over. I am glad he cut him during the season and we moved on. He finished the year out with Fitz and said, I think we might be able to win with this guy. Nix has been on board with that thus far. I would hope that if Fitz falters, the Front Office and Gailey don't pull the same trick and try to mold this guy into a quality starter - it won't happen and would halt the forward moving momentum this franchise has as of right now.

I am also not saying Thigpen shouldn't be upgraded, but I honestly would take a QB who doesn't have the baggage and league-wide perception that Young has. His past issues will always be there. Yes it might mean taking a lesser talent, but if it allows for the locker room atmosphere to stay positive and grow in that direction, by all means they should pass.

If they are all in with Fitz as they say they are, then they need to grab a backup who knows that is his role and won't cause a $hitstorm if Fitz goes down and they win while he is out. All of the crap that goes along with signing Young needs to be weighed out regardless of his athleticism.

I am not going to get into his personal life. We all mature at are own pace. Maybe he has maybe he hasn't time will tell. As a football player he is perfect for chan's offense. Alot of the plays are one read and throw, use to set up some deep hits. I know this is going to be outladish to some but the next time Fitz has a three game losing streak Vince will be our starting qb. For the recored I am a fitz supporter I just think young has such a high upside that it is only a matter of time before he is the qb

Talley sounds real butthurt. It's not like the guy was Lawrence Taylor or some other uber well-known player. He's Darryl !@#$in Talley. Cry me a river then build a bridge and get over it

Oh the days before Twitter where so less complicated.

I mean really, this sounds childish on both parts.

I have met Talley many times. My grandfather worked for the Bills in the 70's and 80's. Talley was always one of the nicest most humble guys on the team. He was the calming effect on that D for sure, and maybe the entire team.

This is not something i would expect from him at all.

having said all that, it will come down to Chan seeing how much Young knows/handles mentally.

Physically the guy is in his prime.

Heck i would also ask for a phsyic test done if they are worried about it.

I doubt Gailey thinks more highly of Fitz a man with a losing record as a starter, and a limited arsenal of tools other than a quick release and quick slants designed just for him. Please he was a career backup. Jackson was the best player on the entire Bills team until he went down. My Mom could figure that out.

Both Nix and Gailey have to go with Fitz in year(s) 3 and most likely four. They are in no position to redesign a offense for another quarterback. The Brady comment is laughable.

why would they have to redesign the offense for young. The qyuick hitter will work well, and with his big arm you should be able to hit some home runs .

I am not going to get into his personal life. We all mature at are own pace. Maybe he has maybe he hasn't time will tell. As a football player he is perfect for chan's offense. Alot of the plays are one read and throw, use to set up some deep hits. I know this is going to be outladish to some but the next time Fitz has a three game losing streak Vince will be our starting qb. For the recored I am a fitz supporter I just think young has such a high upside that it is only a matter of time before he is the qb

He isn't a fit for Chan's offense at all; Gregg Cossell's comments on Young not fitting our offense are a few pages back that clearly states this...

He may have upside, but the tape and stats thus far don't show that and don't lie.

Buddy said post draft he was going to bring a QB in. He did. Perhaps that will be the end of the story. I don't mind having VY in camp to see if he'd be + for the roster... I would mind if he was obviously not a + and he was kept instead of someone better suited.

Now - having learned about the Talley stuff makes me really leery of his character... Not because Talley was a Bill, but because it takes a special maroon to insult someone (even accidentally), then throw salt in it trying to be a jokester - and probably still didn't know who he was since he was coming to OBD... It'd be pretty damn fitting for VY to be here when Talley makes it on the Wall... *awkward* I don't think low character folks make good QBs in the NFL... Leaf comes to mind...

Hey, if we're looking to bring in a QB, I bet that Russell kid is available. :)

Buddy said post draft he was going to bring a QB in. He did. Perhaps that will be the end of the story. I don't mind having VY in camp to see if he'd be + for the roster... I would mind if he was obviously not a + and he was kept instead of someone better suited.

Now - having learned about the Talley stuff makes me really leery of his character... Not because Talley was a Bill, but because it takes a special maroon to insult someone (even accidentally), then throw salt in it trying to be a jokester - and probably still didn't know who he was since he was coming to OBD... It'd be pretty damn fitting for VY to be here when Talley makes it on the Wall... *awkward* I don't think low character folks make good QBs in the NFL... Leaf comes to mind...

Hey, if we're looking to bring in a QB, I bet that Russell kid is available. :)

I knew someone would bring this up :D What are you talking about? Darryl Talley actually was on twitter saying he would be a benefit to the Buffalo Bills.

Bills 101 ‏ @Bills_101

@DarrylTalley So are the #Bills nuts for bringing in Vince young, or would he be a benefit in #Buffalo #BillsMafia

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

20h

Darryl Talley ‏ @DarrylTalley

@Bills_101 he'd be a benefit. He can run. Fitz can't. Sorry, but it's the truth.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darryl Talley made a big deal last year about Vince Young not knowing who he was by face. Then talked about how Vince Young has no respect because he didn't know him. Darryl Talley may have been great, but hes not a NFL Hall of Famer, like he acted like he was:

https://twitter.com/#!/DarrylTalley/status/26490885151657984

Then Vince Young responded to him with this:

https://twitter.com/#!/VinceYoung10/status/26497808471166977

Darryl Talley ‏ @DarrylTalley

@Bills_101 he'd be a benefit. He can run. Fitz can't. Sorry, but it's the truth.

Fitz can't run? Really? Is Darryl aware that Fitz holds the Buffalo Bills franchise record for longest run from scrimmage by a QB for a TD at 31 yards? I was at that game. He's also run for first downs many times as a Bill.

Fitz can run.

Twitter is dumb.

Totally

Fitz can't run? Really? Is Darryl aware that Fitz holds the Buffalo Bills franchise record for longest run from scrimmage by a QB for a TD at 31 yards? I was at that game. He's also run for first downs many times as a Bill.

Fitz can run.

I thought the same thing. I'm assuming he meant Vince is more of a running threat. lol

Let's see -- Young was 7 yrs. old in Jan., '91 when Talley was participating in the Bills 1st Super Bowl. As per Wikipedia, Young was injured badly when 7 yrs. old and hospitalized for months. For all we know, maybe he was still hospitalized when Talley was playing in XXV. Given this and given he was just a kid trying to survive in gangland Houston, I'll give Young a pass that he didn't know who Talley was. I loved Talley and he was a great Bill, but I think he's letting his ego get the best of him here. I'm ok with the guy getting another chance. If it doesn't work out, nothing lost.

A dude who is somewhat of an insider on the bills message board said that the workout part of it went extremely well, Young looked in good shape, was humble and got along with all of the Bills players who were in attendance, but he hadn't heard a report on how the interview part of it went yet. He did say the presumption from his source at OBD was that if Young's contract demands were not high, he would be signed to a two-year deal for not a lot of money, with incentives.

I don't know the poster but read a bunch of his earlier stuff and there isn't a lot of reason to believe he is bullschitting. He seems to know what he is talking about and have a good source inside ODB. Still, it is all hearsay to me at this point.

Interesting, I wonder if lack of information coming out of OBD is out of respect for Seau?

Vince Young at his best > Fitz at his best

VY has gone on multiple long winning streaks in his career (not the 5 game variety that Fitz supplies) and led multiple teams to the playofs.

We should 100% sign him and see if we can get him back to his best.