Chargers sign Roscoe Parrish

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was an exciting player when he played and fearless across the middle.

Maybe the warm weather will help him stay healthy.

Good luck in SD, Roscoe. I'll never forget the opening offensive play of the Jets' game at Rich when you housed an Edwards' swing pass. That was awesome.

Well, that should be a really big indication that the Bills are going to draft a WR in this year's draft with similar attributes to Roscoe. I read somewhere on this board that there was a WR who is supposed to be about as quick as Roscoe - also small - but a bit thicker. He's a 2-4 round wideout, I believe. My guess is we'll be picking him up if we can. I say this because Gailey has plays designed for him, and he really liked having Roscoe's skill set, and the offense performed great when Roscoe was healthy. He just couldn't stay healthy. Imagine what kind of a year he would have had if he'd of stayed healthy? I'm thinking 7 touchdowns, 1000 yards. So, my guess is we'll be seeing a rookie version of Roscoe this fall.

I'm surprised at the "you were a player, we will miss you" comments. Not that he didn't have potential, but he did very very little for this team. I am glad to see the Bills move on from players like this. We give guys like Roscoe way too long to contribute. He will most likely get injured again this year.

Edited by Triple Threat

One of the most exciting offensive college players I've ever seen and always a joy to watch when he had the ball as a Bill.

Getting him the ball was the challenge, not just because of his injuries but our QB's and offensive play callers. Still the most electric punt returner in the NFL and a tough little dude.

I remember when Donahoe picked him, he was our first pick that year in the 2nd round when we didn't have a first round selection, and we were sitting there watching his college highlights and he was freezing everyone on defense with these triple jukes and that patented spin move.

It's time to move on I suppose but I wish him well in SD. If I remember he struggled with footing on grass fields a little bit because of his aggressive cuts so the Chargers better keep that field tight for their new weapon. GOOD LUCK ROSCOE !

I'm surprised at the "you were a player, we will miss you" comments. Not that he didn't have potential, but he did very very little for this team. I am glad to see the Bills move on from players like this. We give guys like Roscoe way too long to contribute. He will most likely get injured again this year.

He was a very good punt returner whose career as a WR was essentially ruined by the laughably bad coaching, OLine, and QB play that has been so much a part of this team for so very long. I'm not sure there's a WR that could overcome Dick Jauron/Trent Edwards/JP Losman/Tom Clement/Steve Fairchild. Saying Roscoe "didn't contribute" is actually pretty funny when all the factors are considered.

Too bad you don't watch the games. I can't imagine other than exactly one NFL caliber starting receiver on the team who you root for?

Good luck, Roscoe. Thanks for the memories. One of my favorites being from his rookie year when he goes to bed and wakes up, looks outside, and sees EVERYTHING covered in over two feet of snow. He had never seen snow before that. He was freaked and had to be picked up by a teammate in his 4WD. Great stuff.

GO SABRES!!!

Good luck, Roscoe. Thanks for the memories. One of my favorites being from his rookie year when he goes to bed and wakes up, looks outside, and sees EVERYTHING covered in over two feet of snow. He had never seen snow before that. He was freaked and had to be picked up by a teammate in his 4WD. Great stuff.

GO SABRES!!!

I remember that haha Who picked him up?

Yes. He didn't leave because HE wanted to leave, he left cuz he wasn't wanted so I wish the best for him also... I'm also glad he didn't end up in the AFC east...

I think he was ready. He's commented for years about wanting a real shot

One of the most exciting offensive college players I've ever seen and always a joy to watch when he had the ball as a Bill.

Getting him the ball was the challenge, not just because of his injuries but our QB's and offensive play callers. Still the most electric punt returner in the NFL and a tough little dude.

I remember when Donahoe picked him, he was our first pick that year in the 2nd round when we didn't have a first round selection, and we were sitting there watching his college highlights and he was freezing everyone on defense with these triple jukes and that patented spin move.

It's time to move on I suppose but I wish him well in SD. If I remember he struggled with footing on grass fields a little bit because of his aggressive cuts so the Chargers better keep that field tight for their new weapon. GOOD LUCK ROSCOE !

A wasted pick as was McGahee. Those picks could have been the foundation of the offensive line today.

He was a dominant punt returner. You can't take that away from him - although our coaches did.

Farewell little guy

@ProFootballTalk: Chargers agree to terms with free-agent WR/KR Roscoe Parrish on a one-year deal, per league source.

Parrish gives Chargers depth at WR - LOL! maybe for 1 or 2 games.