All Peyton Manning, all the time!

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of those 'articles' were probably written by like minded 'haters' like yourself.

Sorry, not buying it.

And for the cheap 'great regular season qb' comment. He has a ring. Marino, no. And he will hold almost every QB record when he is done.

If yo udo not like the guy for being a winner, then that means you are probably not one.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-hate-Peyton-Manning/199498075978

:lol:

You know what would be great if Andrew Luck turns out to be a bust & Peyton Manning goes somewhere & win a couple of Superbowl, Jim Irsay would be strung up in the street by Colt fans

A team coming off a one win season and now with a rookie QB. How are the Colts NOT going to struggle? Fans in Indy are going to miss Peyton pretty quickly, IMO.

A team coming off a one win season and now with a rookie QB. How are the Colts NOT going to struggle? Fans in Indy are going to miss Peyton pretty quickly, IMO.

I am talking long term lets say Peyton wins a couple Superbowl in the next 4 years & Andrew Luck bombs bad in that same time like 50 TD 87 int bad can you imagine the hell Irsay would catch

wherever he goes, I wish him the best... he has been the definition of a true professional leader for his teams and the communities he represented. what team you ask? let's think...

Jets - big city, pieces in place - doubtful he has an ego driven mentality to go against Eli though

Dolphins - need a qb bad, but I just don't see it

Redskins - Shannahan giving up power to Peyton doesn't seem like it would happen

Cleveland - I bet they want him, but Peyton wouldn't go to a sure non-winning team, RG3?

Chiefs - good pieces here too, but I just don't see it

Arizona - Kolb? Forget that project. Manning with those weapons, in that weak division would be ideal

49ers - I would not put anything past the competitive nature of Harbaugh. This would be insane

his best chance at winning a superbowl right away would be San Francisco... and honestly I think they are crazy enough to do it. but if I were to place a bet on it, I would say Redskins offer the farm for him

If the bills want him, they could have him. All they would need to do is put a waiver claim in. No one (including the bills) would pick up his 28 million dollar bonus, so he will clear waivers and be free to sign where he chooses. I think it is too much of a risk to give out 28 million for a player who is a medical risk, but if he is the Manning of old almost every team will regret not putting in a claim.

If the bills want him, they could have him. All they would need to do is put a waiver claim in. No one (including the bills) would pick up his 28 million dollar bonus, so he will clear waivers and be free to sign where he chooses. I think it is too much of a risk to give out 28 million for a player who is a medical risk, but if he is the Manning of old almost every team will regret not putting in a claim.

He will be an unrestricted free agent, this isn't waiver wire time

Has there ever been an athlete this big that was outright released by his team? Not counting over the hill guys or malcontents or anything like that.

Joe Montana - He had won more SuperBowls and he proved he could still play when he went to KC. Young was the heir apparent just as Luck is now.

I got a Question what does this mean for the Rams demands for the 2nd pick in the Draft,Remember there is not just Peyton Manning but Matt Flynn available

They are rooting for Manning to go anywhere but Washington or Miami, assuming one of them gets Flynn. As long as one of the two and Cleveland are still in it they will be fine.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Miami. The have a decent D, Brandon Marshall to throw to, and the best LT in the game in Long. I like Peyton Manning always felt he was a great QB. Seems like a classy guy, and really funny too. For the Colts though this is business and Manning knows it. Had a guy like Luck or to a lesser extent RG III not been there (Basically not having the choice of a great top heavy QB class) they would have kept Manning on a redone deal and tried to build a team for the last few years of his career like Denver did with Elway.

But with a cap and with a top caliber young QB coming in its hard to hold on to a guy for a 3-4 year run. Another team will pick up Manning and try to build a championship run around him similar to the way KC tried to get one out of Montana. Basically Manning is giving you a top 10 maybe top 5 QB for 2-4 seasons. A lot of teams will sign up for that even a brief run with a legit QB can sneak you a title and keep you very competitive.

He's not subject to waivers. He becomes an UFA as soon as the Colts decide NOT to pay the bonus.

GO BILLS!!!

I think it would be pretty sweet to have Manning go to Miami or the Jets just for the sake of the games vs NE. Maybe Buffalo will get their guy in 2013.....It will be interesting to see if Fitz bounces back as I think it is do or die for him this year.

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

I'd hate to be a GM that's getting major pressure from ownership to sign this guy.

The medical risk just is not worth it. It took Mike Vick two years to get in real game shape with a year being away from the game and that was just rust from rotting in prison. Manning is coming back from an injury that prevented him from throwing a football for over a year in one of the most sensitive parts of the body.

Any team buying Peyton Manning is really buying his services for 2013, not 2012. Unfortunately, with the amount of money you'll be spending, you, along with your ownership and fanbase will be expecting results in 2012, but it's not going to happen.

You certainly aren't going to get the well oiled, practice all year round Manning Machine of the mid 2000s with his consistent cast of characters.

In some ways, Manning could be considered a "system" quarterbacks of sorts. Dome quarterback, with a team offense that did not experience a lot of overhaul from one year to the next. He had the same center and linemen in guys like Jeff Saturday and Rien Diem, wide receivers in Harrison and Wayne, tight end in Dallas Clark and only two running backs with James and Addai for years. Consistency alone is a considerable advantage for a team offense.

He was traded to Kansas City.

My bad. Was Farve cut or traded to the Jets? Johnny Unitas was cut by the Colts. Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith were both released. At the time they were (and still are) in the discussion for greatest of all time at their positions. Rice obvioulsy had a little left in the tank, Emmitt not so much.

49ers - I would not put anything past the competitive nature of Harbaugh. This would be insane

his best chance at winning a superbowl right away would be San Francisco... and honestly I think they are crazy enough to do it. but if I were to place a bet on it, I would say Redskins offer the farm for him

That would certainly be in the realm of possibilities. As good as Alex Smith played last season, getting PManning will make that team an instant contender. I would also guess that they would go WR with their first pick and give him weapons. Interesting days ahead for sure ...

What happened to the good ole days when young rookie quarterbacks would sit behind a legend QB for a few years and then take the reigns? Seems like teams these days want to throw these rookies in the game right away. I hope luck or RG3, (whoever they take) has a few rough years at the beginning of their career before they breakout into stardom. Maybe it's just because I'm jealous

Although Peyton is certainly one of the all time greats, I would say that his situation in Indy was an example of how not to build a team...

Didn't have double digit wins for something like 10 or more straight years, plus a Super Bowl?

Cool, very glad that he didn't get to leave the Colts on his own terms. :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did a quick search, here you go:

http://fifthdown.blo...t-more-revered/

Great regular season QB though, I will give him that.

I've never been a Manning fan but I have to say that your little crusade is pathetic.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

4 time MVP, all those commercials....i have always thought of Peyton as a class act.

i was taken aback a little during this years Super Bowl week, when it appeared to me he stole some of the shine away from his own brother Eli, by granting so many interviews to discuss his own pending situation, even though the weeks before and after, you hardly heard anything directly from Peyton. at the time i was thinking how selfish.....but as crazy as it sounds, it's quite possible the Mannings (archie, peyton & Eli) orchestrated that as an attempt to take some pressure off of Eli.

Did anyone read Michael Silver article on Manning 12 Top Teams He had the Bills at 12 & wrote LOL & thats it what a Jerk, I don't want Manning buy Why not us We Good WR's, TE's & RB's plus we got a Head Coach that throws the ball nearly every down & we get Vincent Jackson & Mario Williams that could make us look alot better than few teams

God help whoever gets Matt Flynn.

I agree he is Rob Johnson 2.0

Haha, wow, never realized there was hate for peyton on this board.

It's mostly just Rico -- he has a weird hangup about the Mannings.

I've always liked Manning -- he's good, he's tough and he's not a whiny B word like Brady.

Why isnt anyone talking about cleveland? Holgram loves experienced QBs and they need one. Doesn't seem like colt solidified "franchise" status.

Probably money and the fact that they're putting most of their eggs in the RG3 basket.

Im not disputing that he is a phenomenal QB. However I've always sensed he was fake and not a genuine guy. I believe that stuff that came out about the female trainer at Tenessee. Eli seems much different.......

Yeah, he was such a great guy on draft day. Eli is a POS.