Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred's already signed. Get more pieces.

I think Fred is happy as a teammate and because the offense will be helped a lot by having a good defense. But I would bet anything he thinks about the fact there is another guy getting paid huge by the Bills while I just sit here. I hope Buddy and Overdorf still take care of him before this year begins. They don't have to spend a ton on him, just give him 3-5 mil a year for three years.

I think Fred is happy as a teammate and because the offense will be helped a lot by having a good defense. But I would bet anything he thinks about the fact there is another guy getting paid huge by the Bills while I just sit here. I hope Buddy and Overdorf still take care of him before this year begins. They don't have to spend a ton on him, just give him 3-5 mil a year for three years.

Buddy just said the goal is to get Freddie done before training camp and to ensure he ends his career as a BILL.

I agree to.a.certain extent bit the fact we are bringing in a stud on defense that will make us more competitive decreases the amount Freddy will want singnificantly, since he knows we are trying to compete

Buddy just said the goal is to get Freddie done before training camp and to ensure he ends his career as a BILL.

That would be great, and he really does seem like a straight shooter. Pretty much the first thing that Mario said in the press conference was he was impressed by people being straight forward with you, look you in the eye and tell you the truth, where he has experienced a lot of that in six years in the league. It's pretty clear that was Nix and Gailey, along with the coaches Giff Smith and Wanny, and then Kyle.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but at $50mil guaranteed, does this mean that we are no longer using cap to cash? Or maybe bending the rules in special cases? It'll be interesting to see how the numbers shape up and play out.

Nix just said the team isn't close to the cap and can sign "anyone we want who makes us better".

Next season the BILLS MUST spend to 89% of the cap number. This makes that easier to reach.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but at $50mil guaranteed, does this mean that we are no longer using cap to cash? Or maybe bending the rules in special cases? It'll be interesting to see how the numbers shape up and play out.

The Bills talk about cash to the cap but it is a lot more of a parameter and goal than a policy. In the last four years, according to figures from the News, the Bills were 10 million under three times and 14 million over one year.

..this is how I reacted when it was announced that Super Mario was signing to play here

My link

Surprised I haven't seen any comments on this yet. That was absolutely hilarious though, any idea what that is from? And yes, I had a very similar reaction myself. What a day!

Nix just said the team isn't close to the cap and can sign "anyone we want who makes us better".

Next season the BILLS MUST spend to 89% of the cap number. This makes that easier to reach.

The Bills talk about cash to the cap but it is a lot more of a parameter and goal than a policy. In the last four years, according to figures from the News, the Bills were 10 million under three times and 14 million over one year.

Thanks, guys. So much going on and to digest. This really changes the dynamics of the franchise on so many levels.

Buddy was just on XM

They flew to raleigh, called mario at 4.00.01 and said we here..lets go to Buffalo

Mario already bought a house in Orchard Park

Kirwin busted him..said

65 degree weather, that southern drawl, Mario prolly thought he was still in raleigh!! Buddy says..yep could have had 8 foot o snow on the ground.

I love Buddy..Fredy up in 10 minutes

Yes, I heard it too, on the ride home. Twas wonderful to hear those guys gushing over Buddy's terrific job he did for The Bills! Then they had Freddie on.

This is a great day. The wheel is turning now!

Eric Wood @EWood70 A healthy Kyle williams and Mario williams on same side rushing would be a nightmare.

Nick Barnett @NickBarnett Welcome Mario!!! Bills d is not playing games homie!!!

George Wilson @GWilson37 Welcome to Buffalo MW90! See what happens when management, coaches, and players are all pushing in the same direction.

CJ Spiller @CJSPILLER Well that's a great addition to our team with the signing of Mario Williams our dline is going be sick especially with Kyle Williams back

David Nelson @DavidNelson86 I didn't want to get too excited, or jinx anything... But welcome to Buffalo Mario Williams!! Big Pickup for this organization.. Let's go!

Fred Jackson @Fred22Jackson Super Mario is in the Building!!! We jus got better as a team!!

Jairus Byrd @jairusbyrd Congrats & welcome Mario W....and congrats to #billsnation yall deserve it...job well done #roundofapplause

Stevie Johnson @StevieJohnson13 I Love it! S/O to Them Buffalo Guys wearing The Suits for Making Things Happen this OffSeason! Let's Continue to Build! Welcome #SuperMario!

Spencer Johnson @Spencejohnson91 Great signing for the#billsnation great job getting it done!!

Kirk Morrison @kirkmorrison We Just Got Better Today #BuffaloBills

Chris Hariston @C_Hairston75 Gonna enjoy going against Mario Williams ain't nothing like competing against the best of the best.........

Eric Wood @EWood70 A healthy Kyle williams and Mario williams on same side rushing would be a nightmare.

Nick Barnett @NickBarnett Welcome Mario!!! Bills d is not playing games homie!!!

George Wilson @GWilson37 Welcome to Buffalo MW90! See what happens when management, coaches, and players are all pushing in the same direction.

CJ Spiller @CJSPILLER Well that's a great addition to our team with the signing of Mario Williams our dline is going be sick especially with Kyle Williams back

David Nelson @DavidNelson86 I didn't want to get too excited, or jinx anything... But welcome to Buffalo Mario Williams!! Big Pickup for this organization.. Let's go!

Fred Jackson @Fred22Jackson Super Mario is in the Building!!! We jus got better as a team!!

Jairus Byrd @jairusbyrd Congrats & welcome Mario W....and congrats to #billsnation yall deserve it...job well done #roundofapplause

Stevie Johnson @StevieJohnson13 I Love it! S/O to Them Buffalo Guys wearing The Suits for Making Things Happen this OffSeason! Let's Continue to Build! Welcome #SuperMario!

Spencer Johnson @Spencejohnson91 Great signing for the#billsnation great job getting it done!!

Chris Hariston @C_Hairston75 Gonna enjoy going against Mario Williams ain't nothing like competing against the best of the best.........

thank you, been hoping someone would do this

Thanks a bunch!

Wow, what a great day to be a Bills fan. I am still speechless.

GO BILLS!!!!

What the hell happened everyone? Page 212 started at 6:12. It is now 6:43, and we're still on it?? Shape up people!!

Ahh..wait...forgot everyone's probably drunk by now. Damnit...I hate being stuck at work.

Everyone is ground up and in the freezer after going through every possible emotion the past three days.

Welcome to Buffalo Mario!!!

no....this contract does not mean we are no longer using cap to cash....

guaranteed money does NOT need to be paid upfront. it could theorectically be spread out and paid in any of the years. seeing as this is a 6yr/$96 mil deal with $50 mil guaranteed....my guess would be that ALL the guaranteed money will spread out over the first three years. so that in the unlikely event they needed to get out of this deal, they could in year 4.

until the details come out we will not know the upfront bonus money, roster bonus money, yearly actual salaries and the cap hit from year to year. usually these things are cap friendly (lower) in the early years.

no....this contract does not mean we are no longer using cap to cash....

guaranteed money does NOT need to be paid upfront. it could theorectically be spread out and paid in any of the years. seeing as this is a 6yr/$96 mil deal with $50 mil guaranteed....my guess would be that ALL the guaranteed money will spread out over the first three years. so that in the unlikely event they needed to get out of this deal, they could in year 4.

until the details come out we will not know the upfront bonus money, roster bonus money, yearly actual salaries and the cap hit from year to year. usually these things are cap friendly (lower) in the early years.

right, it doesnt need to be, but in the cash-to-cap method, you count all guaranteed money in that same year. Obviously we arent counting $50mil towards the cap this year, or we'd be done in free agency and over cap according to our books.

Just thought it was interesting that we changed the norm. Very happy about it. I think we finally saw the c2c policy from precious years pay off, and allow us to do this today.

Everyone is ground up and in the freezer after going through every possible emotion the past three days.

Welcome to Buffalo Mario!!!

My thoughts exactly. I've been riding high these past two days and now I'm finally coming down.

right, it doesnt need to be, but in the cash-to-cap method, you count all guaranteed money in that same year. Obviously we arent counting $50mil towards the cap this year, or we'd be done in free agency and over cap according to our books.

Just thought it was interesting that we changed the norm. Very happy about it. I think we finally saw the c2c policy from precious years pay off, and allow us to do this today.

You count all money paid in the year it's paid - guarantees can still be spread out if they're paid in different years. Mario might get $12M guaranteed in each of the next four years, say, regardless of injury or talent degradation.

sure they will go after him "hard", just like they went after Clabo "hard" last offseason - which means, Mario will use and abuse the bills to drive up the offer from the Bears

mario williams to the bills, haha...thats good stuff

even if he does come to town tonight according to these sources (by the way, metz just said earlier today that the bills were gonna sign Colston too - see him just sign with the saints?) it would just be to up the offer from the Bears - just like Clabo used us last year

Why do fans work themselves up about free agency every year when all evidence points to the exact opposite? I'm not saying they won't pursue some mid-level guys, but their free agency history from 2008 forward shows they don't sign big name free agents who'll cost big money.

LOL

Edited by BillsWatch

This is a week that most Bills fans will never ever forget!

I hope you are correct because, well holy smoke , what a couple of days that passed by as minute after minute as we watched for any and every bit of news. The comoraderie(?) has been astounding. I hope we can feel like Bills brothers and of course sisters for along time. I drove my daughter nuts and slept less than i should, i did not focus at work. One fellow had gained access to every available potential update site imaginable. I know just by all the posts that most of you all have experienced this. We experienced a defining moment in Bills history it think. lets enjoy this for a long time.

I hope you are correct because, well holy smoke , what a couple of days that passed by as minute after minute as we watched for any and every bit of news. The comoraderie(?) has been astounding. I hope we can feel like Bills brothers and of course sisters for along time. I drove my daughter nuts and slept less than i should, i did not focus at work. One fellow had gained access to every available potential update site imaginable. I know just by all the posts that most of you all have experienced this. We experienced a defining moment in Bills history it think. lets enjoy this for a long time.

I was just telling.my dad how the bills haven't won a playoff game since I was 8!! Hopefully the bills win one in his lifetime(I'm 26) he's a giants.fan so if we won soon it would be a double whammy hed go out on top

Again, no. His year two salary could be gauranteed and in theory would not count in their accounting this year - that isn't cash out of our pocket today(technically it's held in trust, but not paid yet)

LOL

Naturally love the signing and the team's approach to getting it done. The entire organization should be praised immensely.

OTOH, if you're that concerned about other individuals like myself who had the audacity to criticize after years of inept decisions, well so be it. Congratulations, you got 1 right after years of being wrong and are a huge credit to the board. <_<

It's a day to be thankful, not go after posters who. Get a life.