Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

He wouldn't be leaving to talk with another team if the Bills had managed to sign him.

So now that there is confirmation that he is leaving Buffalo without signing usually means he isn't interested in playing here.

Leverage, the Buffalo Bills put the most money on the table, its why he came here first according to NFL network & ESPN

He is getting a ton of money no matter where he signs. He doesn't need to use the Bills for leverage. He has enough of his own.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame his girl. I can't get my wife to move to Buffalo either.

Don't be too hard on yourself. An entire local government can't get people to stop leaving, let alone move there.

But then again, I'm guessing you didn't offer your wife $110 million.

The only teams that are going to be left to compete with us are those that are currently hoping to snag peyton, like tenn and denver. He might just be waiting for them to be freed up. Anyways, I don't think they could match our money.

It's very possible which is why his agent likely has flights scheduled to get him to other potential teams as quickly as possible.

If he's spent this long in Buffalo, he likely believed there was a very high chance of a deal being completed. Chicago is already out. Denver seems an unlikely destination. Jacksonville just burned through some more cap space on a WR so it seems they have moved on. He either is signing in Buffalo or is going to take a less money at this point.

If the final call is his fiancee's like the current panic seems to be heading then he needs to move quickly to get a contract close to what Buffalo is likely offering.

Don't be too hard on yourself. An entire local government can't get people to stop leaving, let alone move there.

But then again, I'm guessing you didn't offer your wife $110 million.

I did offer her my parents basement. And I promised not to do that whole "ground up in the freezer" thing. Even if that is how I like my coffee...and my women.

The only thing that I can take out of this is... *IF* he is planning to leave tonight, but is still hanging out with the FO folks, that means it's not over yet.

If he was saying "no", I imagine he wouldn't be hanging out with the FO folks still....

Right?

The only thing that I can take out of this is... *IF* he is planning to leave tonight, but is still hanging out with the FO folks, that means it's not over yet.

If he was saying "no", I imagine he wouldn't be hanging out with the FO folks still....

Right?

Yeah, if he decided no at 4:00pm, did he say, "but I want to sit and stare awkwardly at each of you for the next 4 hours before departing. That ok?

Yeah, if he decided no at 4:00pm, did he say, "but I want to sit and stare awkwardly at each of you for the next 4 hours before departing. That ok?

Exactly...like they people saying that he is just waiting for Peyton. So he's killing the time waiting for Peyton's decision by hanging out at OBD with Buddy and gang since they are such good company?

It's the reporter circle jerk. Whenever you see 'sources close to the team/player/situation' instead of something like 'an official from the team who wants to remain anonymous' it means they got it from another reporter.

It usually goes something like this,

"I need to write something. Spin the wheel...Mario going to Chicago who already said they were out"

*call reporter for team that needs pass rush*

"yeah, the team feels he'd be a great fit and they've talked to him. They told him they would be interested if the Buffalo deal doesn't get gone and his agent said they'd visit first."

*write story Mario scheduled to leave Buffalo according to sources 'close to the situation'*

you couldn't be more wrong. no professional writer with any thread of a conscience would do that.

jw

It is still comical that you are using PFT as confirmation when there are still conflicting reports (even Adam Schefter).

By the way, bolding and underlining text does not make your point any more valid than it is now.

merely pointing out to some fans in denial that PFT thinks Mario is leaving Buffalo..as he was scheduled to do.

I didn't see any link to any Adam Schefter report, I'd trust anything he has to say over PFT

Call me crazy, but isn't it entirely possible that based on the amount of time he's spent here, the contract is simply be hammered out? With all of the other possible landing spots handing out other deals, you would think his agent would have a clearer plan in place with other teams in the event that he HAD to see other places.

I'm thinking that might not be the case, and they don't have any intention of looking at other teams.

ok people...im ready to start taking bets on who will slit their wrist first if this doesn't happen as well as who gets a heart attack if he gets signed.

On a side note, I also suggest we riot over at Mario and son, tile and linoleum Inc at Georgle Urban and Harlem