Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right on. Apparently, Chris Brown just tweeted this.

He's not leaving tonight. I have a friend who works in a "non peasant" role at a downtown hotel. This person is typically responsible for booking the opposing teams when they choose to stay at this particular establishment.

Around 4:30 I got a text saying that Bills management called the hotel owner/ceo directly and requested a room for tonight. This was then passed down to the manager. The hotel had to scramble to make the room available.

Feel free to lynch me if I'm wrong, but this person has never been wrong before when sending me information.

On a side note, many of you need to take some Xanax.

I think he is signing here. He agreed in principle early on i think. He flew in his fiancee to take the tour, show her his new workplace and home. All while his agent works to hammer out specifics on his mega-deal. I mean, wouldn't you want to get everything perfect?

JMO

This is no time for optimism & logic! Shame on you! What kind of Bills fan are you?

speaking of soapboxes, glad you have a forum here to make sweeping generalizations about something either you know very little about or suffer greatly from envy. either way, believe whatever hell you want and leave us professionals to attempt to break actual news so jeremy 2020 can either refute or agree, but definitely read about it.

ironic, no. how much you need journalists, and how much you question our ethics.

jw

No one needs journalists And it's that self-righteous Attitude that hurts the media. The issue is, what other walk of life do people have the ability to provide no proof whatsoever of their work? I just turned in a doctoral preliminary exam with 70+ citations because I don't have the luxury of saying "I heard from any anonymous source...." that garbage doesn't fly.

We don't need the media, it's an accepted part of our lives and we give it the same level of respect as politicians.

How many have that? The desire to be 'first' makes people do a lot of things that shouldn't be done now that the internet has taken away the soapbox. Considering the way some 'journalist's' source things, professionalism doesn't seem to be of great concern to some of them in relation to speed.

kinda easy to shoot the messenger isn't it? why not hold your anger til we know what's actually happened or not happened?

Edited by birdog1960

I don't know why that is true? Different guys/players want and need different things. I still think he signs but if he doesn't, the one thing that was the deciding factor may not have any influence whatsoever on a different player. Maybe it would be his fiance, maybe it's because he is used to the south, maybe it's because he doesn't think we are close to winning, maybe it's because D] E] F] G] OR H].

I get that "every situation is different" but the BILLS are apparently willing to make this guy the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and have had "sole custody" of him in a very public manner for what is essentially eternity in this day and age. The message that gets sent if they fail to close is going to resonate, and will at least be in the back of every agent and player's mind. They'll simply use us to drive up the price that they can get somewhere else, regardless of whether it's actually the most money the player could sign for.

Let's hope Manning doesn't choose the Broncos between now and tomorrow evening. It seems Mario is stalling as long as possible to see whats going on with the Manning situation. If it's still up in the air by tomorrow afternoon, hopefully he throws in the towel on Tennesse and realizes the Bills it is.

I don't know why that is true? Different guys/players want and need different things. I still think he signs but if he doesn't, the one thing that was the deciding factor may not have any influence whatsoever on a different player. Maybe it would be his fiance, maybe it's because he is used to the south, maybe it's because he doesn't think we are close to winning, maybe it's because D] E] F] G] OR H].

Can't argue with that one.

kina easy to shoot the messenger isn't it? why not hold your anger til we know what's actually happened or not happened?

I believe we should demand accountability from people. The person who wrote the report on PFT did a bad job. If you're going to use a source that is so vague, you should at least have two vague sources. It's now been shown that the report was wrong so seems like a good idea no matter what you are reporting. If my trade is on my credibility, I'd be interested in maintaining it.

The guy did his job. That hardly makes him a PoS.

Of course, generally calling an agent a PoS is redundant.

But, in my opinion, playing people off each other is negotiating in bad faith (if that's what happened, which sounds like it was).

So all of this Mario Williams fever got me to sign up for this site/forum. A signing will have me getting season tickets. Not because of Williams alone, but because it shows a clear commitment to winning in the very near future!

he's been at this hotel for an hour already... by all accounts the wife loves the room! that's all i got for now.

This is the best part ofnthe thread sonfar for me - blow by blow reports of how his woman likes the hotel room