Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just makes sense to me. Buddy Nix CLEARLY stated if there is a pass rusher they like, they'll be aggresive in trying to reel him in.

Not sure if we get him or not, but I am certain we make a decent attempt at bringing Mario to Buffalo.

Go Bills!

it would be a good idea for buddy to kick those tires a bit.

sure they will go after him "hard", just like they went after Clabo "hard" last offseason - which means, Mario will use and abuse the bills to drive up the offer from the Bears

Or he likes the idea of being on a line with Darius, Williams and maybe Merriman

Does anyone else think that Mario Williams is going to be overpaid to whoever signs him? I went back and looked at his two best seasons (over 10 sacks) and those were way back in '07 and '08.

Is Williams worth 14 million a year? I'm not so sure about that.

Why do fans work themselves up about free agency every year when all evidence points to the exact opposite? I'm not saying they won't pursue some mid-level guys, but their free agency history from 2008 forward shows they don't sign big name free agents who'll cost big money.

Why do fans work themselves up about free agency every year when all evidence points to the exact opposite? I'm not saying they won't pursue some mid-level guys, but their free agency history from 2008 forward shows they don't sign big name free agents who'll cost big money.

Why do "fans" here keep ignoring the fact that Nix has stated on multiple occasions this Winter that they (OBD) view this year as an exception and plan on being very aggressive, while admitting they haven't been in the past and won't be (in general) in the future?

Edited by BobChalmers

Does anyone else think that Mario Williams is going to be overpaid to whoever signs him? I went back and looked at his two best seasons (over 10 sacks) and those were way back in '07 and '08.

For a guy who hasn't had more than 14 sacks in a year, it's way overpaying. Sure he was on-pace for 16 last year, but that highlights the problems he's had staying healthy the past couple years. Again I'd turn my attention towards Wimbley.

Exactly!

Nix is going to aggressively get some sleep the night before and then he will aggressively sign other players cut by teams trying to clear cap space.

You guys that think the Bills will even make a legit offer to either Vincent Jackson or Mario Williams are delusional. Anyway, neither of those two players are worth the money they will get this year by some team over paying.

Last time I looked Mario was not Reggie White, but he will get paid like he is. Last time I looked VJ is not megatron, but he will certainly get mega bucks for a WR that has about the same stats as Stevie Johnson, and yet he played on a team with a better QB, better coaching, better scheme, better all around talent.

IDC how Nix does it, but he needs to build the line, add depth. Find a good pass rusher or two. Find a good WR, add a CB. Over paying for one player isn't going to fix many areas.

sure they will go after him "hard", just like they went after Clabo "hard" last offseason - which means, Mario will use and abuse the bills to drive up the offer from the Bears

He hardly "used and abused" the Bills. And the Bills made out better on the deal anyway.

But yes, they can "go hard" after him and still see him sign elsewhere.

I am with you on this. I do not see how Williams is worth that kind of money. Big question in my mind. People want the big flash signings, big names and and big bucks, but I am not convinced that is the right track. I would rather see the Bills plug in two quality players for the same price rather than bet the farm on either VJ or Williams.

They need to and will....with the threat of peyton manning and tom brady in our division....getting to the qb is our only chance at success

Dolphins signed Peyton already? What's his contract look like and for how much money did he sign for? You must have inside info that no one else has. :rolleyes: