Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inside sources have confirmed this. Cannot disclose. Don't ask me because I cannot betray anyone's trust. You heard it here. Just thought this might get you guys excited.

I can confirm that Mario will be in town. I too have a source close to the team.

I have mixed feelings about williams...he has slowed down since his 07 08 years, Yes I know we have a need to fill but I don't want to become the Raiders and just throw money mixed with monkey poop at the wall and see what sticks...

I would be happy to see finnegan , manningham , jameel mcclain type pick ups...

mario williams to the bills, haha...thats good stuff

even if he does come to town tonight according to these sources (by the way, metz just said earlier today that the bills were gonna sign Colston too - see him just sign with the saints?) it would just be to up the offer from the Bears - just like Clabo used us last year

even if he does come to town tonight according to these sources (by the way, metz just said earlier today that the bills were gonna sign Colston too - see him just sign with the saints?) it would just be to up the offer from the Bears - just like Clabo used us last year

That was on a website about PREDICTIONS. As soon as I posted it, I saw that he was close to a deal w/ the Saints. This is a source on the Bills. Take it FWIW.

Oh man, I totally forgot about that thread! What was that four, five years ago? Great obscure reference! :thumbsup:

Is that how we learned about Skooby's BMW? I'm sure the stereo was blaring "Pomp and Circumstance."

Is that how we learned about Skooby's BMW? I'm sure the stereo was blaring "Pomp and Circumstance."

:D I believe it was a BMW 745 to be more specific. We wouldn't want to shortchange him. Just looked at his profile and he stopped posting like 3 years ago.

A lot of times these premiere guys have offers in hand and sign on the first "visit." If he flies to buffalo id say odds are we get him. There's no way he doesn't know both ours and Chicago or anyone else's offer (atleast in broad terms). Blockbuster guys tend to move quick as with a few midlevel signings dollars start to dry up quick. If he waits - bears could spend big on WR for example.

I have mixed feelings about williams...he has slowed down since his 07 08 years, Yes I know we have a need to fill but I don't want to become the Raiders and just throw money mixed with monkey poop at the wall and see what sticks...

I would be happy to see finnegan , manningham , jameel mcclain type pick ups...

Williams is far from monkey poop. I think he is a legit star at DE and would be an incredible signing. Not sure about the slowing down part. He was moved to OLB and seemed to adapt well before the injury.

this is actually a good thing to have it starting at 4:00 instead of midnight. if it started at midnight, I would have been up until 6am and then calling in sick to work... like most years. even though the bills don't do much the first few days, free agency still excites me.

Dan, this is your Boss. Report to security first thing tomorrow. :devil:

Honestly....I think what we should be doing are hard court pressing for free agents that are good that are REALISTIC.....

Mario aint signing here.....

Vincent Jackson is a possibility because of the connections with players and buddy Nix....and we have the cap money to sign him

We should be hard court pressing for Cameron Wimbley and Vincent Jackson....this will allow us to take a OT in the first and Vinney Curry in the second rounds.

:D I believe it was a BMW 745 to be more specific. We wouldn't want to shortchange him. Just looked at his profile and he stopped posting like 3 years ago.

OK, don't tell me he started the thread. Because that would just be classic.

Honestly....I think what we should be doing are hard court pressing for free agents that are good that are REALISTIC.....

Mario aint signing here.....

Vincent Jackson is a possibility because of the connections with players and buddy Nix....and we have the cap money to sign him

We should be hard court pressing for Cameron Wimbley and Vincent Jackson....this will allow us to take a OT in the first and Vinney Curry in the second rounds.

Maybe they're going all out on a bunch of guys early and putting a hard press on the top guys will show the second tier that they are serious?

But, with Buddy publicly stating he is looking to "make a big splash" and w/ recently re-signed players (you have to imagine the Bills desire to make major upgrades was a part of convincing SJ to stay in Buffalo) apparently buying in and actively tweeting high profile free agents (make no mistake, players don't tweet about pursuing players in FA if the team doesn't want them to)...I have to think they are serious. If for no other reason than, if the Bills come up empty handed, the fans are going to be like...what..the..fu...

I agree with your general point, but I don't think Buddy ever said he was "looking" to make a big splash.