Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, but isn't it entirely possible that based on the amount of time he's spent here, the contract is simply be hammered out? With all of the other possible landing spots handing out other deals, you would think his agent would have a clearer plan in place with other teams in the event that he HAD to see other places.

I'm thinking that might not be the case, and they don't have any intention of looking at other teams.

Makes sense...........

you couldn't be more wrong. no professional writer with any thread of a conscience would do that.

jw

How many have that? The desire to be 'first' makes people do a lot of things that shouldn't be done now that the internet has taken away the soapbox. Considering the way some 'journalist's' source things, professionalism doesn't seem to be of great concern to some of them in relation to speed.

ok people...im ready to start taking bets on who will slit their wrist first if this doesn't happen as well as who gets a heart attack if he gets signed.

On a side note, I also suggest we riot over at Mario and son, tile and linoleum Inc at Georgle Urban and Harlem

If he signs I'll be so happy I'll be walking along whistlin Dixie. If he doesn't, I'm still happy because I get to go out drinkin tonight and the wife didn't give me any grief about it. Perspective people, perspective.

you couldn't be more wrong. no professional writer with any thread of a conscience would do that.

jw

Well you're qualifier "conscience" is the argument. In this 24 hour news cycle are we supposed to give the media automatic credibility when it refuses to ever divulge sources. As someone with a degree I journalism I find the profession lacking credibility more as the days pass and this spectacle is a perfect example. Sorry jw but you're a good one among a lot of shams.

JW,

How's everything looking on your end? Kinda looking bleak here...

i'm busy calling my reporter friends to quote them as sources ... :devil:

but seriously, all's quiet and trying to track Mario's movements while now working from the Sabres press box.

the PFT report is interesting. can't confirm he is or is not leaving town, howeverm, the longer this goes on, the more it feels like he may want a second look elsewhere.

Bills did all they could in wining and dining and touring him around town. it's on him to make the ultimate decision.

jw

Do you mind cluing those of us with no access in?

Joe Buscaglia ‏ @JoeB_WGR

Guys, easy. Just saying that IF there is a press conference, that's where it will be. No reason to look in to that sentence any further.

Tim Graham ‏ @ByTimGraham

@JoeB_WGR So you're saying he's signed. Got it.

Joe Buscaglia ‏ @JoeB_WGR

@ByTimGraham Haha, thanks for that Tim.

Call me crazy, but isn't it entirely possible that based on the amount of time he's spent here, the contract is simply be hammered out? With all of the other possible landing spots handing out other deals, you would think his agent would have a clearer plan in place with other teams in the event that he HAD to see other places.

I'm thinking that might not be the case, and they don't have any intention of looking at other teams.

I tend to agree. Time is money, and the more time he spends here the less money is left elsewhere in all likelihood. If they weren't interested, they would take the numbers and run elsewhere.

Couldn't let 108+ pages go by without adding my 2 cents.

How many have that? The desire to be 'first' makes people do a lot of things that shouldn't be done now that the internet has taken away the soapbox. Considering the way some 'journalist's' source things, professionalism doesn't seem to be of great concern to some of them in relation to speed.

speaking of soapboxes, glad you have a forum here to make sweeping generalizations about something either you know very little about or suffer greatly from envy. either way, believe whatever hell you want and leave us professionals to attempt to break actual news so jeremy 2020 can either refute or agree, but definitely read about it.

ironic, no. how much you need journalists, and how much you question our ethics.

jw

I think he is signing here. He agreed in principle early on i think. He flew in his fiancee to take the tour, show her his new workplace and home. All while his agent works to hammer out specifics on his mega-deal. I mean, wouldn't you want to get everything perfect?

JMO

He's not leaving tonight. I have a friend who works in a "non peasant" role at a downtown hotel. This person is typically responsible for booking the opposing teams when they choose to stay at this particular establishment.

Around 4:30 I got a text saying that Bills management called the hotel owner/ceo directly and requested a room for tonight. This was then passed down to the manager. The hotel had to scramble to make the room available.

Feel free to lynch me if I'm wrong, but this person has never been wrong before when sending me information.

On a side note, many of you need to take some Xanax.