Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll post this in shoutbox, too...but, if all of these sources are citing sources that have been inside of OBD nearly all day then how have they got out to leak any information? a lot is regurge spinning regurge that spins new material...like someone said, he's not left and he's not yet signed. that's all that matters.

If he signs somewhere else, we'll have to dig up that old post by the Jets fan after a FA pulled the flex on them. It was something along the lines of "this is like getting ready to pound a super hot girl, and right before you slide it in, she goes, oh the guy down the street has a bigger schlong"! Anybody remember that?

i'll post this in shoutbox, too...but, if all of these sources are citing sources that have been inside of OBD nearly all day then how have they got out to leak any information? a lot is regurge spinning regurge that spins new material...like someone said, he's not left and he's not yet signed. that's all that matters.

I'll trust Paul Peck right now:

Paul Peck ‏ @PeckOnSports

Still no update on #Mario Williams. But still here, which is good.

PFT is reporting on what we've already known - he is scheduled to leave tonight....we knew that yesterday.

He wouldn't be leaving to talk with another team if the Bills had managed to sign him.

So now that there is confirmation that he is leaving Buffalo without signing usually means he isn't interested in playing here.

Leverage, the Buffalo Bills put the most money on the table, its why he came here first according to NFL network & ESPN

If he signs somewhere else, we'll have to dig up that old post by the Jets fan after a FA pulled the flex on them. It was something along the lines of "this is like getting ready to pound a super hot girl, and right before you slide it in, she goes, oh the guy down the street has a bigger schlong"! Anybody remember that?

Except this will be for the guy with the smaller schlong but the nicer apartment.

He wouldn't be leaving to talk with another team if the Bills had managed to sign him.

So now that there is confirmation that he is leaving Buffalo without signing usually means he isn't interested in playing here.

Leverage, the Buffalo Bills put the most money on the table, its why he came here first according to NFL network & ESPN

Good god you couldn't be more wrong.

It's the reporter circle jerk. Whenever you see 'sources close to the team/player/situation' instead of something like 'an official from the team who wants to remain anonymous' it means they got it from another reporter.

It usually goes something like this,

"I need to write something. Spin the wheel...Mario going to Chicago who already said they were out"

*call reporter for team that needs pass rush*

"yeah, the team feels he'd be a great fit and they've talked to him. They told him they would be interested if the Buffalo deal doesn't get gone and his agent said they'd visit first."

*write story Mario scheduled to leave Buffalo according to sources 'close to the situation'*

What confirmation that he is leaving without signing? If you are referring to the PFT report, that is not confirmation.

Said on NFL32 ESPN. I'm on the left coast. Besides what I mentioned they did say if NIX doesn't close the deal he would be vilified in Buffalo. That's all.

please.

nix is a hero.

he's doing everything in his power to sign the premier free agent.

vilified?

id build the man a statue myself.

not his fault if mario doesnt sign.

You drew all that from the PFT 'report?' Really?

They are reporting that he has travel plans out tonight...he has always had travel plans out tonight. That was the itinerary we heard about yesterday.

I'm not upset that it takes one side a couple of days to commit 100 million and it takes the other side a couple of days to decide where he wants to live, work and start a family. It'a about more than just football. If he leaves, maybe he just don't see himself living in Buffalo. All things being equal, would you live in Portland, Maine or Buffalo?

I hope he signs, but life goes on if he does not.

What confirmation? The PFT story does not have any kind of source.

PFT is known for using 'sources close to the story' to generate hits since it doesn't have the access competitors have.

When you're talking about that much money, I can see how quality of life, where you play matters.

What's the difference between 100 million and 80 million, really? Having a happy wife is probably more important at that point. The guy on WGR makes a valid point.

I just hope he's wrong. :(