Indy radio host says Peyton Manning

papazoid

Radio host John Michael Vincent of ESPN 1070 in Indianapolis says via Twitter, citing multiple unnamed sources, that Manning needs another procedure on his neck, and that Manning is out indefinitely.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/indy-radio-host-says-peyton-needs-another-neck-procedure/

EDIT: Now, another Indianapolis radio host is upping the ante.

Jake Query of WNDE, citing two unnamed sources whom he trusts, reports that Manning already has had another procedure on his neck, and that he’ll miss the entire 2011 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/07/indy-radio-host-says-manning-will-miss-entire-season/

Edited by papazoid

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radio host John Michael Vincent of ESPN 1070 in Indianapolis says via Twitter, citing multiple unnamed sources, that Manning needs another procedure on his neck, and that Manning is out indefinitely.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/indy-radio-host-says-peyton-needs-another-neck-procedure/

I think the rest of the league has already been making progress in figuring out the Colts (even with Manning). If he's out indefinitely, doesn't that conceivably put the Colts in the running for the Andrew Luck sweepstakes? Oh, the irony.

That's nice. He is my fantasy quarterback.

Of all the nerve. A human beings health is on the line, and all you can think about is your fan...

JK. Exactly my thoughts too. Fitzy is my backup, which in a weird way is kind of reassuring.

Of all the nerve. A human beings health is on the line, and all you can think about is your fan...

JK. Exactly my thoughts too. Fitzy is my backup, which in a weird way is kind of reassuring.

Well, it looks like Kyle Orton is going to have to carry the flag for me.

I'd feel worse if it had Fitz though... :devil:

Manning is DONE. All this maybe he will/maybe won't stuff is a smokescreen for the fact that the guy's neck is totally eff'd up! Trust me. The constant, gnawing pain of a degerative spine condition (especially in the lower lumbar or neck) is a career-ending condition. I think we may be witnessing the beginning of the end of the Manning era in Indy.

Edited by #34fan

Manning is DONE. All this maybe he will/maybe won't stuff is a smokescreen for the fact that the guy's neck is totally eff'd up! Trust me. The constant, gnawing pain of a degerative spine condition (especially in the lower lumbar or neck) is a career-ending condition. I think we may be witnessing the beginning of the end of the Manning era in Indy.

Hey - TE is available - Maybe they will sign him...LOL

http://profootballta...neck-procedure/

Wow. If Polian and his son "are all that", how could they let the QB situation develop to where if Manning can't play, their best bet is hauling Kerry Collins out of retirement?

Especially after Manning had the first neck surgery.

That's some sh** folks.

Manning is in that territory now of wondering if football is worth it. Spinal surgery is like doing a pull on a car frame. It's never quite the same. It's slightly weaker than it was. If you're Manning, do you wonder if you're one hit away from very serious injury that doesn't last a week or a season, but a lifetime? He's made a ton of money, and has a future in broadcasting and media after football.

Manning is in that territory now of wondering if football is worth it. Spinal surgery is like doing a pull on a car frame. It's never quite the same. It's slightly weaker than it was. If you're Manning, do you wonder if you're one hit away from very serious injury that doesn't last a week or a season, but a lifetime? He's made a ton of money, and has a future in broadcasting and media after football.

True, but Manning isn't just any other player. He's cemented himself into one of the greatest players to ever play the game, and if he feels as if he still has some left in the tank, he'll want to remove all doubt and put himself ahead of the other immortal greats.

I don't think it's about the money either, I think it's about his legacy. Put Manning on the Bills, and they're a lock to make the playoffs. He's that good.

Bingo. Manning has his ring and his ticket to Canton is punched.

PTR

LOL bengals no longer hold the title of worst team in the league

With that said, I think the Colts may want to talk to the Bengals about Carson Palmer. If Palmer decides to show up, the Bengals have to pay him and I know they do not want to do that.

Everybody laughed at me for picking Manning in the 4th round and told me to use my next pick to draft a neck for Manning. So 5 rounds later I picked his brother. Win-win for me.

Also, if Manning is out for the season there will be a firesale in fantasy land where people are getting rid of Wayne/clark/garcon/collie or trading them.

Edited by Bills!Win!

With that said, I think the Colts may want to talk to the Bengals about Carson Palmer. If Palmer decides to show up, the Bengals have to pay him and I know they do not want to do that.

That would be one of those "good for everyone" things. Colts get a decent QB not as long in the tooth as Palmer. Palmer gets a decent OL and a good team. Bengals get something, instead of nothing, for Palmer.

With the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Indianapolis colts pick Andrew Luck QB from Stanford. :wallbash:

Bet they wish they didn't give him a huge contract.

It really is amazing how Manning can carry his whole damn team.

Between Brady and Manning, I'd have to pick Manning for this reason. They are both awesome players (it pains me to say that about a cheatriot), however I don't think Brady could carry an entire team the way Manning does.

They will be the Spurs of the NFL. Bad enough just one year to draft another once in a generation player. Without Manning, the Colts aren't that good.

some Irsay tweets:

1. Weather forecast ever changing...ominous storm clouds gathering...it never rains under my umbrella....

2. There was the Rams-K Warner Sup year./ There was Patriot 2001-Brady Sup.year.--- Every year. is interesting n unpredictable in NFL!!!! (Irsay translator: Both of those years began with quarterback injuries).

3. This ain't a dream no more...it's the real thing..give me a second,let me get it 2gether, just got 2 pick myself up off the floor

4. Got 2 code the darkness...prepare u 4 an alternative journey

5. No quarter?NONE ASKED!We made a promise,we swore we'd always remember,no retreat,no surrender;like soldiers in a winter's nite,a vow 2defend

6. Stampedblue and Jon Bauges/random or silly tweets,they r not..ur not hearing what I'm saying..riddle n codes r done4a reason,but it's there (Irsay translator: He’s telling some Colts bloggers that his series of downer tweets aren’t just a goof. He’s also saying that mean Mr. Polian doesn’t like too much information out there.)

7. It's BETWEEN the lines,you will find...what you can only find here

8. “Excuse me, sir, I think this will be our finest hour.” (Irsay Translator: Calling upon Apollo 13 motivation about when things look darkest).

9. “I’m trying2prepare 12th Man as best I can,BUCK UP..if I’ve told u twice- The only thing the pity pot produces is a red ring around ur ass!”

Man I don't know, would you really want to listen to three hours of that accent?? And I live in North Carolina, should should be use to it! I'll give him his due, I do like many of the commercials he's done, kind of cute, but that's only for 30 seconds at a time. I like the guy, am certain he would be hired in a second as a analyst but of fthe top of my head, I can't think of another one with such a thick accent.

Bet they wish they didn't give him a huge contract.

I was thinking the same thing. That could screw up their cap for awhile, assuming Manning collects even just the bonus money. Actually, you could question why Indy extended him without knowing the full extent of his neck injury

Now, another Indianapolis radio host is upping the ante.

Jake Query of WNDE, citing two unnamed sources whom he trusts, reports that Manning already has had another procedure on his neck, and that he’ll miss the entire 2011 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/07/indy-radio-host-says-manning-will-miss-entire-season/

Now, another Indianapolis radio host is upping the ante.

Football aside, I hope he is ok. A neck injury is nothing to mess around with. I would hate to see Peyton retire but football is just a game

With various leaks coming out you had to start thinking this could be for the year. You're not rushing Peyton back on the field; especially when you're talking about a neck surgery.

That sucks. Football is definitely better with him playing.

Someone else posted the crazy that the Colts could finish last and get luck. That would be crazy.

Edited by disco

Football aside, I hope he is ok. A neck injury is nothing to mess around with. I would hate to see Peyton retire but football is just a game

This.

I've always liked Manning, his competitiveness is both amazing and also a fault. But in the end... I hope his neck is ok, that can ruin your quality of life for many years to come.

some Irsay tweets:

2. There was the Rams-K Warner Sup year./ There was Patriot 2001-Brady Sup.year.--- Every year. is interesting n unpredictable in NFL!!!! (Irsay translator: Both of those years began with quarterback injuries).

The difference between those 2 teams and the Colts is that those 2 teams had the HOF QB come in to play, while the HOF QB on the Colts is the one who is out.

There is an older brother, Cooper Manning, who may have been the best football player of them all but spinal stenosis put an end to his football career. Add having this in the family to Peyton having nothing left to prove and already being set for life monetarily, I wouldn't be shocked if his career is over.