Dareus is hot that he was drafted 3rd overall

Dareus is P.O.'d that two teams passed him up and plans on making them pay on the field: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/05/16/dareus-hot-about-going-3rd/

“If I ever get a chance to play Carolina I’m going to make them pay for passing up on me,” said Dareus. ”Denver I’ll get a chance to play them in the regular season (this year) and I’m going to make it hell for them every time I play against them.”

Love Dareus' passion and intensity already. I'm looking forward to the Denver game already.

I'd like to see him get pissed off at the Patriots* for being so good that they took themselves out of the running for his services. Or for not having the balls to trade up to get him.

How can you not love a kid fired up to play and do great things? I do not recall Mr. MayBe ever hinting at being motivated about playing other teams ...

Buddy and Chan are bringing in smart, talented players who are leaders with an attitude! I love seeing the new Bills way of playing no more bend until we stop them it is going to be stop them and then go out and score!

I'd like to see him get pissed off at the Patriots* for being so good that they took themselves out of the running for his services. Or for not having the balls to trade up to get him.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: To be able to see Dareus sack and nail Brady as often as possible would be awesome!!

I agree to some extent, but what arrogance.

Nothin' for nothin' PHF, but the kid's 21 years old, and just got drafted #3-overall by the NFL. Remembering what a brash young man I once was, I'm willing to cut him some slack...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Dareus is P.O.'d that two teams passed him up and plans on making them pay on the field: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/05/16/dareus-hot-about-going-3rd/

“If I ever get a chance to play Carolina I’m going to make them pay for passing up on me,” said Dareus. ”Denver I’ll get a chance to play them in the regular season (this year) and I’m going to make it hell for them every time I play against them.”

Love Dareus' passion and intensity already. I'm looking forward to the Denver game already.

Love it!

Thurman had a lot better case to vent his anger over teams not drafting him than Dareus does. If he feels that way fine, but only having 2 teams to be PO'd at isn't much of a story. He should think about those other 29 teams that didn't trade up to get him & be mad at the entire league. :rolleyes:

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Gotta love it. Our 1st round pick hasn't even seen a practice field, been on the team less than a month, and already there are mouth breathers going after him for nothing more than showing passion and intensity and the desire to kick some ass.

Gotta love it. Our 1st round pick hasn't even seen a practice field, been on the team less than a month, and already there are mouth breathers going after him for nothing more than showing passion and intensity and the desire to kick some ass.

Maybe we could introduce him to some TSW habituals to get him properly focused...

If I ever get a chance to play Carolina Im going to make them pay for passing up on me, said Dareus. Denver Ill get a chance to play them in the regular season (this year) and Im going to make it hell for them every time I play against them.

I could understand if he slid like Da'Quan Bowers did or even maybe Nick Fairley but Dareus was selected 3rd overall and one of those selections was a QB which is quite typical of previous NFL drafts.

I'm actually surprised by the comment/statement by Dareus as he seems pretty mild mannered off the field. I could also understand the comments if Dareus was projected as the #1 pick for a lengthy period of time, but for quite a while until Bowers got injured, and Fairley's workouts weren't as spectacular as expected both players were actually projected ahead of Dareus, including Peterson, A.J. Green, and Von Miller typically at 5..not including Cam Newton... If those 2 scenarios unfolded differently with Fairley and Bowers..Marcell Dareus could've easily found himself somewhere between the 5th and 9th player selected in the draft. Dareus shot up the draft boards in the last month or so previous to the draft and dependent on team needs wasn't the best player available. That distinction probably would belong to Patrick Peterson at CB. Fortunately for Dareus it is rare that a CB is selected in the first few picks! Dareus should consider himself very lucky to be picked at #3 instead of some sort of entitlement and the mindset that he was somehow slighted. As a Bills fan I am very excited to have him, but my advice to him is if he isn't making positive statements in a humble sort of way...just play football when it's time and keep your mouth shut and let your playing justify the pick!!!! We don't need another Donte Whitner always twittering and telling everyone how he feels today about his Bills status...We don't need anyone predicting that we are going to the playoffs...We don't care what ticks you off or what you had for breakfast! What most Bills fans care about is how you perform on the football field, what kind of teamate you are, and the bottom line of how many wins the Bills amass thoughout the regular season!!!

Baiscally...Shut up and play ball (that's whenever the lockout is over!!!), until then train like you never trained before and come in and dominate as a rookie if you can?

Go Bills!

Edited by tonyjustbcuz

I just hope that he signs on time to get into camp, and he works hard once he gets there. I just hope he brings in the exact opposite attitude of Mike Williams. I also hope he doesn't get injured.

I don't think it means much at this point. Wait and see, but it does remind me of Peyton Manning.

I agree to some extent, but what arrogance.

I remember a certain RB from Oklahoma State coming off knee surgery who languished into the second round on draft day. He vowed revenge on every team that passed him over. Seems that worked out OK.

Whatever the man uses as motivation is just fine. I love how he's already taking ownership of our defensive front.

GO BILLS!!!

A few weeks ago, right after the draft, I caught an interview with Buddy Nix on Sirius NFL Radio's Movin' The Chains. Buddy mentioned in the interview a discussion he had with Marcell. Dareus effectively said "You better pick me if I'm on the board when you draft. Otherwise, I'm gonna kick your @$$ for 10+ years." (I'm paraphrasing but the message is the same)

I think it's good he's coming into his NFL career with a chip on his shoulder, no matter how we perceive the slight. Marcell feels he's the best player from this 2011 draft and he's out to prove himself. No one will believe he's the best player or that they made a mistake if he doesn't produce on the field.

It's just boring talk used for motivation. 2 whole teams passed on him?? Wow. Newton should be pissed that no one traded up to get him.

Oh c'mon ... is it important in the overall scheme of life? .... no

Is it nice to have a kid drafted that high that wants to motivate himself to play hard .... yes

I would much rather hear Marcell talk some smack than see him get a goofy haircut and make a rap video...

GO BILLSSS!!!!!

Are we talking about Maybin or Steve Johnson? Both fit that description.

Edited by Stl Bills

He should have that mindset no matter whom he's playing.

When compared to a Jamarcus Russell who talked about retirement when he reported to the Raiders following signing his contract, this is a positive. Jamarcus took the money and felt he had nothing to prove. Dareus has a chip on his shoulder.

Remember that Thurman Thomas took falling into the 2nd round as motivation for a Hall-of-Fame career.

No big deal. The guy has done countless interviews since draft day and answered the same asinine questions 10,000 times.

Compared to Eben Britton's post draft reflections, Dareus' comments were about as dull and humble as it gets:

"I'm gonna work my [###] off for the Jacksonville Jaguars and people are gonna regret it. I've got my own agenda, and that's first and foremost to take the Jacksonville Jaguars to the Super Bowl. Secondly, I'm gonna be the greatest offensive tackle to ever play this game."

You tell 'em Eben. People WILL regret it when you work hard!

It's just boring talk used for motivation. 2 whole teams passed on him?? Wow. Newton should be pissed that no one traded up to get him.

You seem like the kind of person who would tell a kid who was excited about getting B's that they really should have gotten A's.

A few weeks ago, right after the draft, I caught an interview with Buddy Nix on Sirius NFL Radio's Movin' The Chains. Buddy mentioned in the interview a discussion he had with Marcell. Dareus effectively said "You better pick me if I'm on the board when you draft. Otherwise, I'm gonna kick your @$$ for 10+ years." (I'm paraphrasing but the message is the same)

That's almost the same quote Polian says about Peyton Manning.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

None of it matters until there is a CBA in place and the season is back in play. They can't be signed, can't workout or even enter the facilities, and they can't learn the system of the teams they're on. It's all mute until this lockout\CBA is settled.

It's like watching the far left trying to come to a compromise with the far right in politics; it ain't happening. These power struggles are ruining everything good about the USA, including football.

I'll be happy watching college football instead I guess until they ruin that.

Man it's been a long day! Had to vent some.

Go Bills.

Do you ever post anything that isn't a direct shot at other posters here? You are turning into another promo the douchebot.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Four-Downs-on-Marcell-Dareus-with-Alabama-play-by-play-man-Eli-Gold/11159f8b-402a-4dab-8af6-d7694f51d9f6

"At the event last week, I joked with him and said they only have two seasons up there in Buffalo ‘winter and July 4th.’

He replied ‘I can play when it’s hot, I can play in the cold. These people are going to find out that when they get Marcell they are going to get a full-time commitment.’

He is just a nice kid. He added ‘I’m going to show Buffalo that they drafted the right guy.’"

So far, Dareus is saying all the right things and you can't help but like this guy.

I love the dareus pick this is just icing on the cake. Bills had the worst run defense and they took the best run defender.

And he ain't so bad against the pass either! Gotta love any guy that takes out a Longhorn...

Dareus first arrived on the national scene with a jarring hit that knocked Texas QB Colt McCoy out of the 2009 national championship game.

But I really really admire the young man's character...

It's easy to dismiss underclassmen who declare for the NFL Draft and cite helping their families as a major factor in their decision to leave school early. But for Dareus, providing for his family is an enviable goal.

His father died when he was six, leaving his mother to raise seven children. Dareus even stayed with his high school coach and godfather, Lester Reasor, for a while when things were really difficult and lived with a sponsor family in college. He knows an NFL paycheck will be an enormous help to his family, especially after his mother passed away last May.

"We're all struggling in certain ways," Dareus said of his family, which includes two brothers now living in California. "(An NFL paycheck) will be a big benefit to help my brothers and sisters to the point we can do something in life."

The NFL has been a dream of Dareus' since he used to play on the swings in fifth grade and people took notice of his size and said he should play football.

"I didn't have the money for it, but we played and we had a good time," Dareus said. "I started watching Warren Sapp, what he did and I'm like, 'Why can't I do that?' So I pushed myself to do what he did."

(link to rest of article)

If comparisons to his idol Warren Sapp hold true, it's gonna be a fun time to be a Bills fan...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Reverse the Curse!!!!! :thumbsup: