advice on dating a hot girl?

I have a really attractive girlfriend, this is unique for me. Its not that I normally date ugly girls, its just that I usually happen to date middle of the pack girls. (6's or 7s) girls who are decent looking (e.g. okay/good looking but usually not the hottest girls in the room)

But with my new GF (dating for about six months and the new car smell is starting to wear off so to speak) I humbly suggest I am a little out of my league. She fits the category of "The Hot Girl", all the guys at her workplace drool over her including one who I think has crossed the line, and when we are out its not uncommon to see guys blatantly checking her out or making obvious passes. To add to my trouble she enjoys the flattery & being at the center of attention - she dresses sexy, spends a lot of time getting ready always trying to look her best and is herself quite bubbly/flirty with most people.

As any red blooded male this is starting to get on nerves a bit, I have strictly avoided playing the jealousy card (even though that jealousy probably expresses what I am feeling to a tee) getting jealous or bitchy would make me look insecure. My current strategy is to feign ignorance and trying to make her good friends and co-workers think I'm a cool guy, you know like an everyman/ backslapper politician who is real easy going.

Obviously I know feeling sympathy for a guy who posts at a message board claiming: "woe is me I am dating a hot girl, and I just don't know what to do". But I prefer you think of me as a die hard bills fan who recently just happened to luck out and date a really attractive GF, I want to keep this going like a run in vegas or something.

Also feel free to flame/insult away as any post this lame deserves more than a few verbal barbs, but if anyone has decent advice feel free to contribute. So far my my ideas have been fairly simple e.g pre-emptive break up (George Costanza), start being a dick to everyone she works with/under cutting them by picking out their flaws and making fun of them when they are not around (not my personality but I can put on a facade), or just start blatantly flirting more with her GFs or some my friends that are girls and see if that does anything.

thanks.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a really attractive girlfriend, this is unique for me. Its not that I normally date ugly girls, its just that I usually happen to date middle of the pack girls. (6's or 7s) girls who are decent looking (e.g. okay/good looking but usually not the hottest girls in the room)

But with my new GF (dating for about six months and the new car smell is starting to wear off so to speak) I humbly suggest I am a little out of my league. She fits the category of "The Hot Girl", all the guys at her workplace drool over her including one who I think has crossed the line, and when we are out its not uncommon to see guys blatantly checking her out or making obvious passes. To add to my trouble she enjoys the flattery & being at the center of attention - she dresses sexy, spends a lot of time getting ready always trying to look her best and is herself quite bubbly/flirty with most people.

As any red blooded male this is starting to get on nerves a bit, I have strictly avoided playing the jealousy card (even though that jealousy probably expresses what I am feeling to a tee) getting jealous or bitchy would make me look insecure. My current strategy is to feign ignorance and trying to make her good friends and co-workers think I'm a cool guy, you know like an everyman/ backslapper politician who is real easy going.

Obviously I know feeling sympathy for a guy who posts at a message board claiming: "woe is me I am dating a hot girl, and I just don't know what to do". But I prefer you think of me as a die hard bills fan who recently just happened to luck out and date a really attractive GF, I want to keep this going like a run in vegas or something.

Also feel free to flame/insult away as any post this lame deserves more than a few verbal barbs, but if anyone has decent advice feel free to contribute. So far my my ideas have been fairly simple e.g pre-emptive break up (George Costanza), start being a dick to everyone she works with/under cutting them by picking out their flaws and making fun of them when they are not around (not my personality but I can put on a facade), or just start blatantly flirting more with her GFs or some my friends that are girls and see if that does anything.

thanks.

So let me get this straight: you're dating a woman other men want, but she chooses to be with you? And this is a problem because...? :thumbsup:

thanks.

She obviously likes you for reasons you most likely know. Don't start getting insecure and losing confidence in yourself. Girls usually aren't into guys like that and if they smell it they usually walk shortly there after. I don't care who you are or what you rate your woman, whether it be a 7 or a 10, there WILL BE other guys who want them. It's just life. Do your best to keep things new and exciting. Do things to make her feel special. It's the little things most of the time that they tell us about themselves that if you show her you remember them it really goes a long way. Things like specific flowers she likes, or surprise her with a trip to a place she's been talking about, and any other little things you can think of. Never forget to look into her eyes and tell her how you feel about her. Don't take her for granted in any way.

[i have strictly avoided playing the jealousy card (even though that jealousy probably expresses what I am feeling to a tee) getting jealous or bitchy would make me look insecure. [/b] Playing this correct

My current strategy is to feign ignorance and trying to make her good friends and co-workers think I'm a cool guy, you know like an everyman/ backslapper politician who is real easy going. If this is you then fine but if it isn't how long will you be able to keep it up? I don't think it is or you wouldn't have posted in the first place

so...

just start blatantly flirting more with her GFs or some my friends that are girls and see if that does anything. Not sure about blatantly but ignore her for a couple hours when you go out and socialize with girls and guys.

Good luck

To H2O's point, I know it's corny as hell, but flowers are KILLER. I don't know why women like this so much, but they do, so like the salmon swimming upstream, I just "do", I don't "think".

Another thing I used to do when I was a-courtin', was to make sure my (now-wife) had extra pillows in her hotel room on a business trip. Because she liked it, that's all. Simple stuff, actually. Staying in the Hilton, baby? Call the damn Hilton, ask for housekeeping, tell them to put extra pillows on the bed.

25 years now.

"Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road" - Louden Wainwright III

thanks.

Send a PM to crayonz, he'll be able to give you some good advice.

thanks.

hey i was in the same situation......25 yrs ago...If you dont really like her and you are just dating her because she is hot.....then get rid of her ASAP.

It won't end well.--I am assuming you are in your 20s.

thanks.

It all depends on what your looking for right now. If your just looking for that late night booty call when you get home drunk from the bar I say leave things status quo. It sounds like you kinda like this girl(more then just the looks) or you probably would not be getting jealous. Here is my advice to you, no girl is worth getting jealous over. I know I am married now & are little older then you(36) but take it from me, there are plenty of girls out there especially for a 25/26 year old single guy. If it is bothering you now, it is only going to get worse, & if this is the case I would probably break up with her. Plus if she is that flirty right in front of you it is only a matter of time before she starts cheating on you. I say beat her to the punch, pork her best friend.

Oh yeah, before you do that, I would pork her one last time too.

You can't trust girls that are OVERLY flirty with other guys.....that's just common sense. I'm not a jealous guy by any stretch of the imagination, but then again my gf doesn't give me any reason to be jealous. Sure she has a lot of guy friends and I get along with all of them as does she with my girl friends. I'm just saying, we don't hide anything from each other and that's how I know I can trust her. If your not just one of those "overly jealous" guys and you still find yourself not feeling totally confident with your position in your relationship, then she's probably not doing a good enough job of not making you feel like you are the only one she wants. I think it would piss just about any guy off if their gf was openly flirty with other guys. I'm just saying, where there is smoke there is fire.....maybe not now but someday.

if you think you are a rational calm non jelous type, and you find yourself getting jelous there might be a red flag going off to feel that way.

but mix up the treating her like crap and treating her like a princess. make sure she knows that you dont NEED her, keep her on her toes, keep her wanting more from you dont give her everything she wants. but mix that up with doing nice things for her and pampering her. a'la suprising her, flowers, do nice things on occasion to let her know you are thinking about her etc.. but dont OVER do it.

if you bow down to her and give her everything she wants and bend over backwards, eventually she will not respect that and will walk all over you becasue she will know she can.

dont be afraid to stick up for yourself and sand up when the situation warrants it. because if you dont respect and stick up for yourself when you are right, you are comprimising your values because you want a "hot girl" and you will regre it if things end badly. and in her mind she will rationalize that if you cant stand up for yourself, how will you stand up for her.

I would avoid taking her to bars. Flirty is usually bad especially if the flees don't fly away. Find other places for the two of you to enjoy each others company. Take her to classy places (wine and dine?) where the gawking is at a minimum. If she insists on the bar scene, you may have a problem. Be careful about the jealousy thing as it usually is the recipe for losing what you have. Don't act like a guy who normally dates 6s and 7s. Act like you always date 10s. You are doing something right. Maybe it is that so far you are being yourself and you aren't overbearing with controlling her. But don't let yourself be taken for granted. Maintain your pride and respect. More than anything you can get from this board, what is she telling you? Good luck!

When dating a hot girl, the first rule is: CALM DOWN.

There are many other fish in the sea. If you have one now, you will have another one later if this one doesn't work out. You obviously did something right to get this one.

When Kim and I were first dating, I remember there being another guy who was interested in her. I believe he even asked her out while we were dating. Ultimately, she wasn't interested in him. I kept my thoughts to myself on the situation, appeared cool and collected, did not overreact and guess what happened?

The threat passed.

Kim and I have been together 12 years and will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary on September 11.

I would avoid taking her to bars. Flirty is usually bad especially if the flees don't fly away. Find other places for the two of you to enjoy each others company. Take her to classy places (wine and dine?) where the gawking is at a minimum. If she insists on the bar scene, you may have a problem. Be careful about the jealousy thing as it usually is the recipe for losing what you have. Don't act like a guy who normally dates 6s and 7s. Act like you always date 10s. You are doing something right. Maybe it is that so far you are being yourself and you aren't overbearing with controlling her. But don't let yourself be taken for granted. Maintain your pride and respect. More than anything you can get from this board, what is she telling you? Good luck!

You can't avoid taking her places, that's not going to solve anything....if you got a hot gf, guys are going to check her out.....period. I actually kind of like the fact that guys check out my gf, there is something satisfying in it..... Anyway, the problem is is that his gf seems to like the fact that she's being hit on and might be overly flirty with these dudes. Thats a major red flag IMO.

some good advice in this thread so far.

with regards to the jealousy from other guys checking her out/hitting on her... thats one of the perks of dating a hot girl. everyone else wants her and she's going home with you. dont sweat it or get jealous. the SECOND you say something about it (the casual checking out by strangers) its over. however, there is a fine line to walk when it comes to coworkers or people she has contact with everyday. but it cant be YOU who decides if/when they cross the line. you cant do anything about it until/unless SHE comes to you with "Larry pretended to reach for a pencil today and grabbed my chest", and even then all you can do is ask her "do i need to talk to Larry?" dont go do anything on your own that may embarrass her around the office. but until that happens, just sit back and enjoy the fact that every other dude is pissed off that a girl like that is with a chump like you. just play it cool. most guys screw things up by saying or doing something one step past playing it cool. and all it takes is that little step. casual and cavalier bro. take 'er easy. humans naturally love the attention they get from others that find them attractive. youre not going to stop others from checking her out, and youre not going to stop her from liking it just a little. its a nice confidence boost and as long as shes still coming home with you, then there is nothing to worry about.

and finally, id like to pass on the best piece of advice my father ever gave me:

we were at a Buffalo Bisons game and I was about 12 years old (prime puberty). there was some ultra hot chick walking up the aisle probably in her 20s, and i was just drooling and staring. my old man turned to me and said (and this is completely out of character for him) "somewhere these is someone who is sick and tired of !@#$ that"

puts it in a whole new perspective....

Instead of focusing on your insecurity...you might try to focus on hers. Obviously if she's needing this much attention outside - then she may be dealing with insecurities herself.

Why not just have a heart to heart talk with her. Tell her how your feeling about the whole situation but not in a threatening or confrontational way. It's called "communication". Something you will need to do if this relationship is going to go forward. If you don't feel up to communicating what's going on inside you - then you don't trust her and it's probably time to move on and find someone who is more compatible.

Just my .02

couple of quick points.

IF guys flirt with her and she doesn't flirt back, then thats cool.

You need to lay down the law when stuff goes to far. I had to deal with stuff like this in the early stages of my relationship, ex bf's wanting to be friends, other random guys who were friends but really wanted to be with her. In the end 99% of the time there are no true friends of the opposite sex, just people that want to get with you. (this one is important) this may change in the later stages of the relationship when u are closer with each other, but early stages it should be all eyes on me.

Usually when girls flirt in front of you, or try to get male attention it is usually for a reaction from you to test you and see how much you care about them.

Be there for her 100%, put in 100% effort without being a wuss

Be the cool reserved alpha male

Defend her, she is yours until she states otherwise

I didn't read much of your post, but from the title, there's only one answer:

Treat her like crap.

This is by far the best advice offered in this thread. Women respond to the push/pull method. They want what they can't have and they don't want an easy catch. If you throw yourself all over her, smother her with gifts, proclaim your feelings for her, and put her on a pedestal, she will loose interest and respect for you and cast you aside. You don't have to go FULL A-Hole, but play it cool, act a little disinterested at times, make yourself unavailable at times, talk, laugh, and flirt a little with her friends, comment on those minor imperfections of hers which all women (no matter how beautiful they are) are consumed with, and SHE will CLING to YOU! I shouldn't be offering this advice for free, but I'm feeling generous.

Then again, you could follow

hey i was in the same situation......25 yrs ago...If you dont really like her and you are just dating her because she is hot.....then get rid of her ASAP.

It won't end well.--I am assuming you are in your 20s.

I agree...about 8 years ago, I dated this gorgeous Brazilian girl. Anyone who knows me here, knows, I was way out of my league. For whatever reason, though, she liked me. She was smoking hot, like Juan Guzman's girl, and was the center of attention almost everywhere we went. After a while (about 6 months, like Juan Guzman) I started to really question why I was with her. We got along pretty well for the most part, but, the longer we were together I started to realize that the only thing we both had in common was that, yes, we agreed, she was smoking hot. Maybe it was Costanza like, but I broke it off with her...she found someone new pretty quick... she was so beautiful, but she had to always have people remind her of it, I suspect. In the end, as hot as she was (just thinking about her now, gets me excited :censored: ), it was only making me feel worse. And yeah, maybe there is a certain amount of insecurity on my part, but that doesn't make your feelings any less valid. If being with her, and all that entails (everyone flirting with her, in front of you, people always commenting on her looks,etc) than just ask yourself what you are getting out of it. After a while, being the "ugly guy" with the amazing girlfriend role, kind of gets old. Do you get along with her? Do you enjoy spending time with her? In my situation, I realized, I spent almost as much time watching my gf get ready to go out, and stroking her ego, as much as anything... but, god, I do miss that ass!!

This is by far the best advice offered in this thread. Women respond to the push/pull method. They want what they can't have and they don't want an easy catch. If you throw yourself all over her, smother her with gifts, proclaim your feelings for her, and put her on a pedestal, she will loose interest and respect for you and cast you aside. You don't have to go FULL A-Hole, but play it cool, act a little disinterested at times, make yourself unavailable at times, talk, laugh, and flirt a little with her friends, comment on those minor imperfections of hers which all women (no matter how beautiful they are) are consumed with, and SHE will CLING to YOU! I shouldn't be offering this advice for free, but I'm feeling generous.

Then again, you could follow

+2

Don't ever display any jealousy or insecurity about your relationship around her. It is not an attractive quality to women (whether you are feeling it on the inside or not). Also, if you act like you do not belong or deserve to be with her, she will think the same thing regardless of what she may feel now.

If you like her (for reasons that are in addition to her being hot) and she likes you, go with the flow and see how it turns out. Take it day by day and don't be too wrapped up in emotional turmoil about what may happen in the future. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, you will have had a good time and will move on to someone else.

In the meantime, enjoy yourself.

It's been a long time since I was in the dating game,but I think I can offer a little advice. You say she's flirty and likes to dress sexy and be the center of attention. That tells me she's not the chick to look at as "the one". She's just not marrying material,imo. So treat her that way. And that doesn't mean you have to treat her like crap. Treat her well,just don't expect much,and be secure in the fact it's you she digs and wants to be with. Just don't ever believe you will change her. If you happen to meet a girl that has marrying potential,and you're ready to make that move,then you dump her. Until then enjoy the ride.

But with my new GF (dating for about six months.............

I stopped reading right ther.

Advice:

Find a curb and kick her to it.

Instead of focusing on your insecurity...you might try to focus on hers. Obviously if she's needing this much attention outside - then she may be dealing with insecurities herself.

Why not just have a heart to heart talk with her. Tell her how your feeling about the whole situation but not in a threatening or confrontational way. It's called "communication". Something you will need to do if this relationship is going to go forward. If you don't feel up to communicating what's going on inside you - then you don't trust her and it's probably time to move on and find someone who is more compatible.

Just my .02

But Diane, the "the new car smell is starting to wear off". :censored:

I do not think this is a deep relationship.

Are you coming up to Training Camp?

My advice......be a nice guy but dont over do it......I think it is bad news to be anything else but yourself because eventially that is going to get old especially as the "new car smell" starts to wear off

I am actually of a little bit different school......I take it as a sign of disrespect if a girl I am with is overly flirty with the opposite sex.....it doesn't have anything to do with security or insecurity.......it is about the amount of respect she has for me to not want to leave a bad impression.

I am now old......and have been married for a number of years......but back when I was your age if was in your situation:

- I would be treating the girl like a normal person and not putting her on any type of pedistal....this would most be to protect myself from getting hurt as I see a overly flirtations woman.

- If she did that too many times in front of me I would be boinking ever friggen friend I could talk into it.....and yeah that would make me a total @hole.....but this would also be my defense in not allowing a heartbreaker to get the best of me.